News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoPar Dilemma

Started by Mean 318, July 04, 2007, 02:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What to do

Sell that truck and get the Charger
22 (52.4%)
Keep the truck... there will be more chargers
13 (31%)
That 68 is a pile.. he wants too much!
3 (7.1%)
The Truck is too nice to see go!
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Mean 318

Here is the low down... This car is at his brothers farm along with about 50 other old cars. The guy with the charger also owns about ten other old cars and his brother has at least thirty to fourty, the charger not being one that he really cares about all that much - he has had it for at least 20 years and it hasnt moved!I talked to his brother about it and he started saying that he doesn't think his brother wants to sell the car all that bad. When I called him to set up a time to go look at the car he told me he didn't want me to go out there because he wants to call his brother to see if he even wants to sell the car! :brickwall: My thoughts are that he thinks if the car sits there long enough it will become his. So now I am going to try to see how this whole thing plays out... I am so pissed about this! Seems like all the mopar guys around here are jerks. It makes the hobby suck... no one will help eachother out which also makes it hard for someone like me to get involved in the hobby. I cant find any one out of all the mopar guys here to give me a hand with anything! And people wonder why kids are driving ricers :icon_smile_dissapprove:

dukeboy_318

Man, i dont know where you are located but the few mopar guys around me have been great about helping me with my new project.  Heck, I've even gotten free parts for my car that they don't want or need.  Guess it just depends on what part of the world you live in.
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

69_500

Why do you automatically assume that the guy is a jerk, just because he isn't chomping at the bit to sell the car? If he has had it for 20 years there is a reason. Yeah some people are just hoarders. But there are people like that in any hobby. Does that make them a jerk? I say no. I mean if it was you with the 50 cars, don't you think that you'd have several people constantly asking you to sell 1 or 2 of them? And eventually you'd get tired of people asking as well. Don't get upset just because he didn't jump at the first offer.

I know a gentleman who has probably 85-90 different cars, all but 3 are Mopars from the 66-71 era as well. He won't sell as single one of them. I've known him all of my life. I kid with him all the time that he should sell me 1 or 2 of the cars. But I know he won't. Does that make him a jerk? NO. Just someone who has something I want, but doesn't want to part with it just yet.

Mean 318

I have been given a price for the car! It is his brother that is getting in the way! If he doesnt want to sell it then just say it is not for sale. dont give me a price and then back out! I dont like wasting my time or the guy I have lined up to buy my trucks time!

Charger1973

If it was me i'd go ahead and sell the truck because you will find another car even if this deal doesnt pan out...  Honestly I cant believe you can get that much for the truck.  Its a nice truck I just cant see there being a big demand for them.  Id take the money and show up with cash, if they dont want to sell the car just leave your number and start looking for another one. 

Mean 318

Well it sounds like the Ram is all but gone... sad to say. I have a friend who is going out to the place to look at the car for me and get me some pics of the frame, floor, and body. If all looks good I will be comming home with a 68 and it gets awesomer! I found a 1982 Dodge Ram short box 4x4 that is in good shaper over all! It has a 318, solid body, on a 1-10 the paint and int is a very solid 6! I would say my truck  solid 9. It wont start cause the key just spins in the tumbler so I am going to see if I can get it to run for me. If so I will take that too! Sweet huh? A 68 Charger and a 82 short box 4x4! I will keep you all up to date! The best part... I can get them both from the sale of my Ram! :2thumbs: This is a lot like the one I am looking at looks like! The one I m looking at is dark silver in the mid and dark blue on top and btm.- I would prbly re paint it when I get time and money just to keep it from rusting where the rocks hit it.

supserdave

2 for 1 is a good deal :icon_smile_cool:

Make sure you post pics of that charger soon!

Charger1973

A trucks not supposed to be perfect anyway.  Sounds like you made the right choice.   :2thumbs:

Harlow

Nice man. I'm looking forward to some pictures.

Mean 318

Quote from: Charger1973 on July 18, 2007, 04:28:28 PM
A trucks not supposed to be perfect anyway.  Sounds like you made the right choice.   :2thumbs:
I have a bad habbit of getting a truck and fixing it up to the point where I dont want to use it. lol
If  I get this one I would keep it to see how the drive train holds up. If all goes well I will prbly just paint it myself. It is a damn sharp truck and to top it off it is a short box 4x4 that aint rusty so I think I would hold on to it!

Mean 318

I can feel the car going through my fingers... He wants to sell one day and doesn't want to the next! :brickwall: His brother is the one who is getting in the way! All I want to do is to look under it to see how the frame rails are, but he wont let me in there to look :RantExplode: I would go there with cash and a trailer if he would just go with me to look :flame: Riddle me this bat man... why the hell do people get cars and not touch them for 20+ years but refuse to sell? It doesn't even have any sentiMental value! Here is a pic of that Ram, if he backs out on the charger I might get this ram and get it painted by someone here in town. I was thinking maybe black with a red int and some factory bumper guards.  Part of the deal is he will replace the headlight too

Mean 318

I saw the guy with the charger last night! I talked to him and then just came out and told him I would give him $4000 for it. I said I could have him cash in his hand by the end of next  week and he told me he now wants $5000 for it :o. IMO that it too much for that car! Maybe if the quarter wasn't smashed all to hell I would do it, but no way am I giving him that much for a basket case 383 charger that has sat since the mid 70s. Maybe he will get hard up for cash in the next few months and call me... if I have the cash I will get it otherwise it can sit there for another 30 years! ::)

1968 Charger B5

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Supercharged Riot