News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pitman Arm

Started by OldGuy, August 07, 2007, 08:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

We removed the front suspension on the 1968 Charger yesterday - used many of the posts and advice given in this section and things went pretty well.  We got it all off in about 3 hours.  We got everything off down to the Pitman Arm (PA).  the PA looks good and feels tight.  However, the dust boot (I call it a grease boot) on the lower end of the PA that ties into the center link has a tear in it.  Does anyone know where I can get that boot or do I have to buy the whole PA setup just to get the boot?

Thanks for any help.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

8WHEELER

Hi Carl
I have run in to the same thing a few times, so I bought a couple sets of these, and the tie rod end boots.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ball-Joint-Dust-Boots-Set-Dodge-A-B-E-Body_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33580QQihZ019QQitemZ8028769754

They work very well, and if yours is still good, it saves a tons of cash  ;D  good to see progress on the 4sp car  :2thumbs:

Did you see the thread I did for my Dart in General Discusion, I was actually never going to say anything, but
check it out unless you did already  :shruggy:

Later Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

OldGuy

Dan,
I went back in the general discussion section and checked out your Dart.  I don't know how I missed it when you posted it.  That is a nice little grocery getter.  Looks like you have done a lot of work on it.  I need a nice big roomy garage like yours where we can keep the cars on site and work on them at our lesuire.  We have the 68 over at Eric's boss's house.  Eric is helping him out with some welding and painting on a 1964 Lemans that he is cloning into a GTO.  So, we can only work on the 68 when we have time to go over there.  At least we have a spot to do a few things on it.

Thanks for the info on the dust boots.  Will contact Energy Suspension and see if they have some that will fit.  We got the rebuild kit from Performance Suspension and it looks like they get their parts from a variety of sources and just put package deals together with them.  The lower control arm bushings came from Energy Suspension.  We are trying to get a few things done on the 68 and get it painted before winter. 

Thanks again and will keep in touch.

Carl
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

OldGuy

Quote from: 8WHEELER on August 07, 2007, 11:07:20 PM
Hi Carl
I have run in to the same thing a few times, so I bought a couple sets of these, and the tie rod end boots.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ball-Joint-Dust-Boots-Set-Dodge-A-B-E-Body_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33580QQihZ019QQitemZ8028769754

They work very well, and if yours is still good, it saves a tons of cash  ;D  good to see progress on the 4sp car  :2thumbs:

Did you see the thread I did for my Dart in General Discusion, I was actually never going to say anything, but
check it out unless you did already  :shruggy:

Later Dan

Dan,
Will the ball joint boots fit the Pitman arm? - are they the same size?  Or do the tie rod end boots fit better?

Carl

8WHEELER

Sorry to say I did not check to see if they fit that arm, I just used the boot that came with
the arm that I put on the Dart, the arm was pretty bad. You can give then a call I would think.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.