News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone got this set up? SUM-680141

Started by Mean 318, April 16, 2007, 04:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mean 318

Hey all, I saw a mild built 440 this weekend with this exhaust on it and it sounded damn nice, anyone else using it? My 440 is pulling around 500 HP. I am using the factory HP manifolds right now, but will be going to headers sometime this summer. Anyone else using it? Working on a budget. what do ya think

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D680141&N=700+4294908110+4294925081+4294840062+4294908097+4294923429+115&autoview=sku

squeakfinder

:popcrn:

I've been looking at those to. Seems like I read a thread about it, and it was suggested to get the kit without the mufflers. In other words buy it and get better $ quality mufflers.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

RallyeMike

Yeah, I bought it w/o muffs and also one of Summit's generic 3" x-pipe set ups. Took some cutting and fitting to put it all together, but made a nice inexpensive 3" system. The tailpipes from the summit kit fit well. The rest I hacked up so I can't say how well it would have fit.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mean 318

Well I have the kit and am working on putting it on. The kit seems to be OK, but a pain in th ass to put on! My advice to anyone else who buys this set up is to pay someone to put it on! What a pain in the balls!

Mick70RR

I fitted this exhaust system, complete with mufflers a few weeks ago. The picture shows mufflers with rolled joints but the ones I got in the kit are fully welded and look exactly like Flowtech Afterburners, you can see straight through them. I had to make some adjustments to get it to fit nice and welded all the joints rather than use the clamps. It sounds really nice with no droning or resonating, not too loud either until you stamp on the pedel then all hell breaks loose.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

keepat

I installed TTI Headers and 3" exhaust system with S/S tail pipe and it was a perfact fit!  :2thumbs:

Ricardo

Quote from: keepat on July 21, 2007, 08:50:06 PM
I installed TTI Headers and 3" exhaust system with S/S tail pipe and it was a perfact fit!  :2thumbs:

Nice pic. :2thumbs:

srpntlair1

has anyone run a summit system on a third gen....wanting to get one but with the mods to headers was wondering if it is the same for "bolt on" exhaust

squeakfinder

Well, I just spent the weekend installing the 2 and half inch system from summit on my 68. It pretty well kicked my ass, but its on with summit turbo mufflers and sounds real good.

squeakfinder

It looks allot like the system in 70RR's post. I did weld it together from the collectors to the mufflers. Then clamped the tailpipe section's in.