News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sequential Turn Signals

Started by phat69charger, September 21, 2005, 10:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat69charger

Here's a company that makes a module that makes the tail lights blink sequentially: http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Plumcrazy

I always liked the way those looked on the old T Birds

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

phat69charger

Me too, Plumcrazy I was going to try and order the ford part for the T-bird, and wire it in to my car, but I found the company that makes the part aftermarket, thanks to the internet.

Ghoste

It's a  somewhat popular trick on 1st gens too.  It's amazing (or maybe not) the number of people who think my 67 is supposed to have sequential lights. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Has anyone actually done this yet?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I don't know about on this forum, but on the 66-67 forum there are a few guys that have done it.  One of them adapted everything over from an old Cougar if my memory serves.  The others used a kit and I'd guess it was the same one.  How many could there be?

71_deputy

DONE IT- GOT MINE OUT OF A 69? iMPERIAL BEAST- works fine- but there is some rewiring needed to make it work.

the other suggested is a add-on- st1 module will work!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2005, 05:51:15 AM  One of them adapted everything over from an old Cougar if my memory serves.   The others used a kit and I'd guess it was the same one.   How many could there be?

I don't know about the Cougers but if I remember correctly the T-Birds where pretty crude mechanical units.  I would think one of the new electronic kits would be much better

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Afflyer

My friend, Mike, who lives just the next street over from me has a '70 Cougar and he does have the stock sequential lights on his beast- it looks so cool!

:icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Ghoste

Yep.  Cougar, Shelby, and T-bird all used the same setup.

kab69440

Does anyone still have the schematic that was available from a member of the old board to build one from Bosch relays? I cannot seem to find the file on any of my backup discs. If anyone has it, or knows the member who had it, please e-mail me. Thank you,   Kenny
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

71_deputy

sorry kab- I don't have it- if I did I would of saved that one!!!!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

nh_mopar_fan

Uh, ok, at the risk of sounding like a moron (shuddap), are you teling me that my 67 did not come with sequential lights and that they were added on?

Wakko

I wouldn't want them on either of my cars (guys put them on GNs) but I bet they look GREAT on a first gen!!!  I think the Cougar used a motor with a distributor on it.  Real crappy design.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

kab69440

Thanks Chris (6T9)! you are a lifesaver! :yesnod:
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ghoste

That is correct nh, your 67 did NOT come with them from the factory.  They do look cool though don't they?

Nacho-RT74

shame 3rd gens only have two bulbs each side... doesn't look the same with less than 3 bulbs
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

doctorpimp

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 15, 2006, 12:01:32 PM
shame 3rd gens only have two bulbs each side... doesn't look the same with less than 3 bulbs
I'm with you on this.
Maybe if you do a custom install with LED's...
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216