News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone see Grindhouse? Who would win, Challenger vs Charger Holy ****!

Started by AmadeusCharger500, April 06, 2007, 11:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

In my view, the movie had a definite intentional progression.

Started with a badass Chevy. I was thinking thats cool but so very typical. And then the women show up later in a nice old mustang. Once again I think thats cool but oh so typical.
Then we get the hint that some real bad cars are coming on the scene 1st suprise is the challenger, (and a woman wants this car?) Thats awesome.
Then the real star, Charger.
The pinnacle of the movie was MOPAR not mustang/camaro/firebird blah blah.

As to the stuntman Bob character. Didn't he kinda get what he deserved. Wasn't he just a sick bastard.

And isn't it kinda great to portray woman as being somewhat able to kick ass and also having them act a little kooky about one of the cars most of us love, and have them show the coolest cars on earth dueling. Who cares which one wins.

I would say the movie was really about the love of those 2 cars at the end, and the sick silly and whatever people talking throughout were just supporting characters.

BB1

Delete my profile

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: BB1 on April 10, 2007, 06:49:32 PM
That flick was Fucking awesome!!!  :2guns: :smoke:

No one told me we could use the "F" word. My posts would have been so much cooler had I known.  :D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on April 10, 2007, 07:27:48 PM
Quote from: BB1 on April 10, 2007, 06:49:32 PM
That flick was Fucking awesome!!!  :2guns: :smoke:

No one told me we could use the "F" word. My posts would have been so much cooler had I known.  :D

Probably a good way to get a thread friggin locked though.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Crazy Larry

There is a reason why this movie lost around $60-65 million dollars for the idiot Weinsteins.....

Both of these movies could have been taken down by 45 minutes a piece and still would have worked - if not worked better. This is not the 90's anymore - pointless conversations and self-gloating appearances by the filmmaker aren't cool anymore - they are stale and waste time. and thats just what this movie(s) are.

Totally agree with Gator, the Charger's balls are cut off, and that much ramming by a challenger would have the radiator dry and steaming - ridiculous.

I downloaded a DVD copy of the film, because I wasn't about to let tarantino and Rodriguez and their egos trap me and $9 in a darkened theater for 3+ hours....and boy am I glad I did just that.

I was able to get some bills and paperwork done during Planet terror - and my laundry done during Death Proof.....and I still had to fast forward through the endless minutes of crap dialogue and women trying to be men.........

Note to Tarantino - James Cameron did the hero woman thing better (Terminator 2, Aliens) and the women were far more attractive while doing it.

Poor film, but worth seeing the cars at the end.

Crazy Larry

...just thinking about it....and another question arose.....

Could this movie be the most insulting movie ever to Mopar owners/operators.......

Like Gator pointed out, Tarantino turns the Charger and its driver into a sniveling, crying wuss who gets out driven, out-terrorized, and pounded by a few chicks......

...but ALSO....Tarantino takes what used to by a pure symbol of masculinity - the white Vanishing Point Charger, driven by the classic Barry "Kowalski" Newman - and he turns it into the symbol of feminine revenge...basically making it a chick car in one shot......

Thankfully, this movie hasn't been seen by many and will never be remembered by them either - Vanishing Point will still be around in 30 years, but this movie will be collecting dust on some shelf.

warriorbass05

Quote from: Crazy Larry on August 04, 2007, 03:28:07 AM
...just thinking about it....and another question arose.....

Could this movie be the most insulting movie ever to Mopar owners/operators.......

Like Gator pointed out, Tarantino turns the Charger and its driver into a sniveling, crying wuss who gets out driven, out-terrorized, and pounded by a few chicks......

...but ALSO....Tarantino takes what used to by a pure symbol of masculinity - the white Vanishing Point Charger, driven by the classic Barry "Kowalski" Newman - and he turns it into the symbol of feminine revenge...basically making it a chick car in one shot......

Thankfully, this movie hasn't been seen by many and will never be remembered by them either - Vanishing Point will still be around in 30 years, but this movie will be collecting dust on some shelf.

I think I will continue to forget about it and Watch my Dukes of Hazzard DVDs.....cool mopars and CLEAN!!!!!!  in the language department for 99.9% of it....

JR

You know if no one buys the dvd then they won't be so eager to make a sequel and wreck any more cars. I didn't see it in theaters for this reason. Since it bombed maybe there wont be a Deathproof 2. God I hope not. I watched 3 minuites of the Charger/Challenger chase on youtube and that's the first chase I ever got bored watching. Much less with 2 Mopars in it.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green