News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found salvage yard in North TX with some Mopars still left....Chargers, etc.

Started by gts95, August 02, 2007, 11:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gts95

I recently stumbled across a salvage yard in the N Texas area that actually still had a few Mopars left....I just heard about it through the grapevine, the guy does not advertise or anything. Strange, as this place is only about an hour and a half from my house and all these years I have been in Mopars I had never heard of it. I could have picked up some of the cars when they were in much better shape. Most of the Mopars have been back that MANY years.....and they are all pretty well picked over....but hey, at least they are actually for sale. Not the usual "I'm going to restore it some day" b.s. I usually hear.
Me and a buddy picked up the two '70 Super Bee's...but I saw two '69 Chargers, both H code 383 cars....one appeared to be an original 4-spd as well. There were two '68 R/T Chargers (one 4-spd car) but not much left of either of them. A '69 340 swinger, misc. 69-70 Roadrunners, '70 Barracuda factory N code 383, 4spd. etc. Virtually all were missing the motor/transmissions.
Pics will tell the rest of the story.....

gts95

Oh, I forgot to add.....NOTHING is cheap!  ::)  Guy definately knows what he has so don't expect any bargains. May explain why alot of the stuff has been back there for so long.

gts95

Some '69 Chargers....

justin1987

Where at in North Texas? You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

Also, how much does a car cost? I'm interested in picking up another mopar to work on after I get my 69 Charger finished.

hemi-hampton

Magnumcharger

Goes to show...just when you think there can't be any more of that stuff laying around, another source pops up.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1carcrazyguy

When I lived in Fort Worth I went by his place.  Not cheap is an understatement.  :smilielol:  Keep in mind there are 2 major Mopar clubs in a 30 mile radius and all that stuff is still there.  And I am not talking about people that have only Darts and Dusters.  There are a ton of high dollar collectors in that area and there is a reason all those good parts are still unclaimed.  Ebay prices are insane but still cheaper than this guy.....

Prices from 2004
70-71 Dart grill  $350 with a few cracks for free
70 Satellite flat hood $575   :o
70 Satellite grill $450   

When I asked about an almost complete car he had in the yard....I got the reply,  " :rotz:"   I would say that they ran me off, but more or less the guys at the counter started laughing when I would ask about a part.  Almost like, "you want what.... :slap:"

gts95

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on August 03, 2007, 06:51:28 AM
When I lived in Fort Worth I went by his place.  Not cheap is an understatement.  :smilielol:  Keep in mind there are 2 major Mopar clubs in a 30 mile radius and all that stuff is still there.  And I am not talking about people that have only Darts and Dusters.  There are a ton of high dollar collectors in that area and there is a reason all those good parts are still unclaimed.  Ebay prices are insane but still cheaper than this guy.....

Prices from 2004
70 Satellite grill $450   

When I asked about an almost complete car he had in the yard....I got the reply,  " :rotz:"   I would say that they ran me off, but more or less the guys at the counter started laughing when I would ask about a part.  Almost like, "you want what.... :slap:"

I grew up in D/FW so I'm aware there are alot of Mopar guys here....and I'm sure plenty know of this yard. On the other hand, I've had my ear to the ground for alot of years and never heard about it - and I've talked to alot of people "in the know" through the years. But yes, his prices are high!  :o  I guess it may also depend on what day/time you catch him  :shruggy:  I'll go ahead and divulge what I paid for the purple Bee...$2500. A bargain?? Definately not. On the other hand, the car is VERY solid underneath (TX car its whole life)....its a legit "N" code, 4-speed, FC7 coupe. I already had a spare fender and door for the car.....so I figured I'd have $2500 in a roller '70 Bee? Not all that bad. Car even still had very solid floors, even after all the years of sitting out. The worst rust damage is around the back glass from the vinyl top. Plus, I'm a sucker for 1970 Coronets....I just couldn't help myself  :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

I'd like to land a '70 Coronet too, one of these days. :yesnod:
Thanks for sharing the pics! I'd love to go pickin' through there for a few hours. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: gts95 on August 03, 2007, 09:29:46 AM

I grew up in D/FW so I'm aware there are alot of Mopar guys here....and I'm sure plenty know of this yard. On the other hand, I've had my ear to the ground for alot of years and never heard about it -

Funny how that works.  I moved to Fort Worth in May 2004.  Went to a car get together that first weekend there.  Started looking a guys Road Runner and got to talking to him.  He told me to go check out the salvage yard.  The next day I went to another car cruise.  Started talking to another Mopar guy and gave him my email.  He passed on to his buddies that I was looking for some parts.  Well within the first week I bet I had 5 people tell me to go out there.  So I went and looked around.  Some cool stuff no doubt!   :2thumbs: 

CharlieCharger

Quote from: gts95 on August 03, 2007, 09:29:46 AM
Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on August 03, 2007, 06:51:28 AM

Prices from 2004
70 Satellite grill $450   

I grew up in D/FW so I'm aware there are alot of Mopar guys here....and I'm sure plenty know of this yard. On the other hand, I've had my ear to the ground for alot of years and never heard about it - and I've talked to alot of people "in the know" through the years. But yes, his prices are high!  :o  I guess it may also depend on what day/time you catch him  :shruggy:  I'll go ahead and divulge what I paid for the purple Bee...$2500. A bargain?? Definately not. On the other hand, the car is VERY solid underneath (TX car its whole life)....its a legit "N" code, 4-speed, FC7 coupe. I already had a spare fender and door for the car.....so I figured I'd have $2500 in a roller '70 Bee? Not all that bad. Car even still had very solid floors, even after all the years of sitting out. The worst rust damage is around the back glass from the vinyl top. Plus, I'm a sucker for 1970 Coronets....I just couldn't help myself  :icon_smile_big:

North Texas is not exactly dry, Id rather buy something out of west Texas
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

hemi-hampton

That Price on the Purple Coronet dont sound bad, How much did you pay for the yellow one? They look alot more solid that what you find here in Rust City Detroit. LEON.

nakita7

I think $2500 is not too bad for the Bee. What kind of prices for the other cars, or did you ask?

darkfiire5000

You should ask him how much for a 1968 dodge charger hood and if so how to get a hold of him :2thumbs:

Mean 318

I tried to get this 70 just to put it somewhere safe for a rainy day project. It needs doors, hood, fenders, bumpers, grills, rad support, motor trans, rear, int, most glass, floors, trim... no vin/ build sheet, just fender tag. 440 727 column car. B-5 W/blue int. he wanted 1200 for it... no way! you got a decent deal!

Crazy Larry

Just wait until those new metal fenders/hoods for 2nd gen Chargers goes on the market....and then bring a catalog into the place and show the guy what is available...and then you'll have the last laugh. He'll have to come down on the price of Charger parts.

I absolutely hate yards like this - I am so thankful I never had to deal with them, that I was into Mopar yards back in 2001/2002 - when parts were still reasonable.

We are not on this earth forever, and to try to use those classic auto parts to help others restore and bring cars back to life would be what is right - not selfishly horde them for 20 more years until you die, and then your family sells them for cheap on an estate auction.

ridiculous world.

:brickwall:

all this guy is doing is delaying the process by 20 years.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Mean 318 on August 03, 2007, 09:25:40 PM
I tried to get this 70 just to put it somewhere safe for a rainy day project. It needs doors, hood, fenders, bumpers, grills, rad support, motor trans, rear, int, most glass, floors, trim... no vin/ build sheet, just fender tag. 440 727 column car. B-5 W/blue int. he wanted 1200 for it... no way! you got a decent deal!

Hey Zack, can I use that pic :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

gts95

Quote from: Mean 318 on August 03, 2007, 09:25:40 PM

Yeah, there's not much left of that one unfortunately.....but just FYI, if it is a 440 car like you say it would have to be a six-pack car. They did not offer 440-4bls in 1970 in the Super Bee. I would imagine its probably a 383 car.

gts95

Quote from: nakita7 on August 03, 2007, 05:15:39 PM
I think $2500 is not too bad for the Bee. What kind of prices for the other cars, or did you ask?

I asked about the green 69 4-spd Charger but he said he would have to walk out there and take a look at it - he had forgotten what it was like. We never got around to it so I did not get a price on the Chargers.