News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need some pics of NASCAR 68 Chargers

Started by BB1, August 02, 2007, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

I know they didn't win much with the 68 Charger, but I need some shots.

HIT ME!
Delete my profile

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BigBlackDodge

I may have some at home..................at work now. I'll post if I do.

BBD

Cooperman

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

BB1

Thanks bud.

I would like to know how the roll bar looks like, I'd like to copy it.  :icon_smile_big:
Delete my profile

hemigeno

I only have a few '68s in my stuff, but they really don't show good shot of the roll cage.  To be honest, you could use about any picture of a '69 or '70 racecar, since quite often the cars were just reskinned with the latest bodystyle and raced.

:cheers:

RECHRGD

Well, maybe they were not the fastest car on the track.  But, they sure were the best looking! :icon_smile_big:   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BB1

Thanks HG,
Looks to be a 6 point roll cage to me. There is one pic that shows a slanted middle tube, also I can see part of the front tube too.
I guess there was no standard adopted on how the things were mounted or constructed... or is there.  :D

Gives me some... :think:

I forgot there is no passenger .  :lol:
Delete my profile

moparguy01

no nascar race car only had a 6 point cage since about 1957.  :smilielol: Give me a few days, I'll see if I can't scrounge up a few better pictures through a few of my friends I used to race with. if not I'll have to draw a diagram for ya.

firefighter3931

Nascar "inspired" 68 Charger.  :2thumbs:

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BigBlackDodge

Here's what I have....not much.

BBD

Brock Samson

thos first pics shown are mostly all the wrong yr. even the other '68 picture is a '69 500 look at the back window,.. and the stainless on the A-pillar also the side markers, loop grill, stripes a '69 style and the hood indents all say '69  & '70s..

I have a 1968 Nascar rule book has a great pic of a '68 K&K Insurance Charger.

moparguy01

The only pics I could find of old mopar nascar racers. Unfortunately they are only the good cars.  :icon_smile_big:

http://www.mopardealer.com/petty.htm

down the page aways is a old petty race car with good interior pics. the cages were similar on all the unibodied mopar race cars.

hope that helps even alittle bit.

Mike DC

1968 was right at the point when top-level NASCAR racers were abandoning the stock bodies & frames. 

In 1965 they were still starting with a stock unibody and welding a rollcage into it.  But by 1970 they were building a rollcage first and then welding a street car's skin around it.

0X01B8

I had to go through a box of vhs tapes but I knew somewhere I had the 68 Daytona 500 from an old espn show.  I'll try and put up the vid soon.  Amazing how stock cars actually used to look, well, stock.  Side windows, chrome, etc.

0X01B8

0X01B8

one more for now

Red Ram

Like the one photo of the 67 pushing the 68 out of the way! :nana:
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

The70RT

Is anyone on the site making a retro looking stocker for the street? I always wanted to make one out of the 67. Petty had 26 wins that year.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike DC

I think the reason we never see any more of those being built is because of the price/bodystyle thing.  The coolest NASCAR rides were also the coolest of the midsize 2-door '66-74 street-car rides, and everybody's trying too hard to get a stock one of those built for themselves to ever think of making a stripped-down one. 

The situation might be different if body rust wasn't such an issue.  But at this point in the musclecar hobby, it's way too hard to just get a bare shell with presentable floorpans in the bodystyles we're talking about.  After all that work, people want the credit/prestige/fun of a comfortable stock-type restoration to show for it.

BB1

Delete my profile

SFRT

building a street-able vintage Nascar replica to use as a promotional tool for my company has been on my mind a lot lately. Use it as a rolling billboard...I love the look, and I could tax deduct the expense of it as advertising....it would cost less than a years worth of print ads actually.... i built a custom bike this way a while back....I could also display it at the 2 trade shows I attend each year. It is a very tempting scenario.I am going to keep my eye out for a decent stripped shell over the next year or 2 and once i get my current project done, may very well just go ahead and do it..since i am setting up a dedicated shop for the current car... The impending arrival of relatively inexpensive  fenders and other sheetmetal makes it a lot easier to think about as I wouldnt be cutting and messing with real parts. seems the most difficult will be finding correct  looking rims , tires and intake setup...the rest can pretty much just be fabbed up.
are there any resources with  clear pictures of interiors?

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

yeah, the winged warriors site...

http://wwnboa.org/

http://wwnboa.org/toc.htm

key to a replica is the radiused front fender wells...

only charger i've seen here is one of my Favs. Highbanked haulers he's got a Fiberglas front clip as the result of an accident on his '69 500.
it's also Corp Blue i belive...

learical1

Quote from: hemigeno on August 03, 2007, 06:08:54 PM
I only have a few '68s in my stuff, but they really don't show good shot of the roll cage.  To be honest, you could use about any picture of a '69 or '70 racecar, since quite often the cars were just reskinned with the latest bodystyle and raced.

:cheers:

Did you notice that the NASCAR racers all have a front air dam, but Don White's USAC car doesn't?
Bruce

Ghoste

learical1

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2008, 05:38:14 PM
Was it permitted in USAC?

beats me (since I'm wearing my 'kick me' sign, now's the correct time to knock me silly[er than I already am])
Bruce

Ghoste

I'm just barely smart enough to know I ain't touching that.