News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thank you Troy. You are the best!

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, August 06, 2007, 09:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Well, I feel weird answering now that this thread is all over the map but...

it was a good time. I had no idea what I was looking at for most of it though. I'm glad you made it home safely!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68chrgrwife

so how much did you pay for that sweet find?
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

4cruzin

Nice job Troy!!  Way to come through!!   :2thumbs:    Yeah this thread did wander alittle . .  :eyes:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69_500

Side note, but there actually was 2 hood options for a 69 Charger. One being what was on all Charger's except for 503. The other being the hood that was on the Daytona's. So us second generation guys also have choices. Oh and by the way the hoods for the second generations are unique to each year.

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on August 07, 2007, 02:49:11 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 07, 2007, 02:18:50 PM
Did anybody ever hear of a master fabricator named Jesse James?  I bet he can make a bulge hood out of beer cans and toilet paper and it won't cost him 5 grand

:insertsarcasm: :sarcasmalert: :coocoo:
BTW, his speciality is street bikes, not cars. He has maybe done a car or 2 but he is a bike man.

He may have talent with bikes but all I've ever seen the "Beaner" wanna be is take a POS vehicle and make a bigger POS vehicle out of it.  My  :Twocents:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Chris G.

Quote from: Bob on August 07, 2007, 10:31:48 AM
Unlike the 2nd gens with only one style hood :smilielol: .
Us 3rd gen guys and gals got choices.

That technically may be the case, but I will take my plain hood and my seat at the HEAD table as usual. You keep reaching and someday you may be within arms length of us boring hooded 68-70 guys...but I doubt it.  :icon_smile_wink: :angel:

The70RT

Quote from: Chris G. on August 07, 2007, 04:44:26 PM

That technically may be the case, but I will take my plain hood and my seat at the HEAD table as usual. You keep reaching and someday you may be within arms length of us boring hooded 68-70 guys...but I doubt it.  :icon_smile_wink: :angel:

:smilielol: Good one! Third gen owners can afford a $3,000 hood when you can buy a nice third gen for 1/3 the price of a second gen :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: The70RT on August 07, 2007, 06:26:46 PM

:smilielol: Good one! Third gen owners can afford a $3,000 hood when you can buy a nice third gen for 1/3 the price of a second gen :icon_smile_big:

If I told you what I paid for the hood you probally would not believe me. The person I purchased the hood from knows that I am going to enjoy it on my Charger  and not flip it. :yesnod:
I agree on the hood price and the cost of a 2nd gen. I am partial to a 3rd gen. That is my favorite Charger.
I am not into this hobby to make money, Mopars & 3rd gen RR, Satrellite, Charger give me a muscle car hard on. That is what I like, regardless of value.
You could die and what would the $ mean?
I want to live life enjoying  my favorite Charger. :yesnod: 
But anything bad ass and limited will cost some $.
The thing is, that 2 Mopar (Charger) fans helped me out and that is what it is all about.
   You may say I am retarded, but I would rather have a 71' R/T or 73 Rally than a 2nd gen even R/T, any day.
We are all Mopar & Charger fans right? Then that is all that matters.
I am very lucky to have scored on that hood, to me it is like the cherry on the sundae. :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

I hope you didn't take any offense to what I said.  I just am the type of person that makes due with what I have and would never justify spending the crazy money on the hood, but if you got a deal on it then thats cool.  You have a good head on ur shoulders and thats what I like and yes it's a charger.  I, too, like all chargers

BMOTOXSTAR

No offense taken. :icon_smile_big:
Alot of people rag on 3rd gens but I really do like all Chargers and many ,many Mopars.3rd are my first favorite. :2thumbs:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on August 07, 2007, 09:32:41 PM
No offense taken. :icon_smile_big:
Alot of people rag on 3rd gens but I really do like all Chargers and many ,many Mopars.3rd are my first favorite. :2thumbs:

:cheers:

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on August 07, 2007, 07:11:16 PM

If I told you what I paid for the hood you probally would not believe me. The person I purchased the hood from knows that I am going to enjoy it on my Charger  and not flip it. :yesnod:
I agree on the hood price and the cost of a 2nd gen. I am partial to a 3rd gen. That is my favorite Charger.
I am not into this hobby to make money, Mopars & 3rd gen RR, Satrellite, Charger give me a muscle car hard on. That is what I like, regardless of value.
You could die and what would the $ mean?
I want to live life enjoying  my favorite Charger. :yesnod: 
But anything bad ass and limited will cost some $.
The thing is, that 2 Mopar (Charger) fans helped me out and that is what it is all about.
 You may say I am retarded, but I would rather have a 71' R/T or 73 Rally than a 2nd gen even R/T, any day.
We are all Mopar & Charger fans right? Then that is all that matters.

I am very lucky to have scored on that hood, to me it is like the cherry on the sundae. :Twocents:

A Charger is a Charger is a Charger. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and YES, even a 4th generation. It is nice to know that our moderator is the kind of guy he is. He's a better person than I am. Admittedly so.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Bob

Quote from: The70RT on August 07, 2007, 06:26:46 PM

:iagree: Sad but true. We are catching up though.
Boring hooded 68-70 guys, good one Chris.
I to one day will have my special hood, well probably not. $$$$

Here is what I can afford. Darn, I'm outbid already.
http://cgi.ebay.com/73-74-CHARGER-BULGE-HOOD-RESIN-1-25_W0QQitemZ200138790396QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2581QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BMOTOXSTAR

Oh no,
  Looks like I am at a bidding war with a site member.  :shruggy:
The seller has listed a few of these. I need one for my model collection. :D
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Bob

Above my limit already, good luck. It could get ugly with a bidding war. :smilielol:

BMOTOXSTAR

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT