News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

voodoo 60303 cam ?

Started by 69chargerR/T, August 14, 2007, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerR/T

Thinking of installing this cam in 440 with stock 906 heads, I read some ware on this site that valve lift over .510in that the valve retainers may hit valve guides?? The voodoo 60303 has an exhaust lift of .513in am I ok with this cam with out doing any mods. to valve guides :shruggy: Intake lift is only .494in so I should be ok there. Also how can I check the clearance between the retainers and guides,I think the valve springs I have have a damper spring inside spring how will I be able to see the clearance between the retainers and guides :shruggy: Or should I go with my second choice engle k56 I think I would be good with that one, intake and exhaust lift is .504in, also do I need to check the clearance on that one to :shruggy:     

Thanks, Alan

Purple440

Same cam i want for my stock 452's.  And same worries about going over 510 lift.

:popcrn:

firefighter3931

No worrries guys. The .513 lift is close enough to .510 that it's not an issue.  ;)

Now if it was .530 i'd be doing some trimming  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69chargerR/T

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 15, 2007, 06:42:26 AM
No worrries guys. The .513 lift is close enough to .510 that it's not an issue.  ;)

Ron

Thanks Ron, I thought .513 lift would be ok just wanted to check to make sure  :yesnod: Getting 750dp this week will be putting on this weekend can't wait :drool5: will be getting cam in a couple weeks, thanks for all your tuning help and cam help  :2thumbs:

thanks, Alan

PS: If I set cam strait up will it be ok :shruggy: If not I will need to buy a cam degreeing kit no one I know has one. Who makes a good one is the summit one ok I don't want to spend much cause I will probably never use it again. Also need TDC tool so I can check TDC with heads on.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69chargerR/T on August 15, 2007, 06:11:44 PM

PS: If I set cam strait up will it be ok :shruggy: If not I will need to buy a cam degreeing kit no one I know has one. Who makes a good one is the summit one ok I don't want to spend much cause I will probably never use it again. Also need TDC tool so I can check TDC with heads on.

Alan, i prefer to degree the cam in.  :yesnod:  That cam card will call for a specific installed intake centerline and you want to make sure it's where it's supposed to be.  ;) The Summit kit is fine and don't worry because this will probably not be the last cam you degree in !  :icon_smile_big: Your buddies will be calling you for help once you become a master cam installer.....don't ask me how i know  :lol:

Good luck and ask if you have any questions.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Purple440

Good luck 69chargerR/t - I'm anxious to see how this cam works for you
:cheers:

Purple440

Ron

Ron,

I'm still considering this Voodoo cam even though you thought the next one down was better since I have a stock converter.  I'm also looking at the Crower HDP 271 now.  Could you give me your opinion on this Voodoo vs the Crower HDP 271 when paired with a set of 452's with a valve job and 2.14/1.81 valves?  I may put a 2400-2500 stall in at some point but not before I replace my cam. (3:55 gears and 1 3/4 headers)

I really like the duration split on the Crower, and I don't like the split on the Voodoo that was one down from the 60303...I believe it was 220/226 @.050.

Thanks,

- Doug

firefighter3931

Quote from: Purple440 on August 17, 2007, 12:28:40 PM

Ron

Ron,

I'm still considering this Voodoo cam even though you thought the next one down was better since I have a stock converter.  I'm also looking at the Crower HDP 271 now.  Could you give me your opinion on this Voodoo vs the Crower HDP 271 when paired with a set of 452's with a valve job and 2.14/1.81 valves?  I may put a 2400-2500 stall in at some point but not before I replace my cam. (3:55 gears and 1 3/4 headers)

I really like the duration split on the Crower, and I don't like the split on the Voodoo that was one down from the 60303...I believe it was 220/226 @.050.

Thanks,

- Doug

Doug, both of those cams are good choices. The Crower will have a little better cylinder scavenging due to the longer ex. duration. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either cam.....both will work fine with a stock converter. I used the next bigger Crower (HDP-282) grind and really liked it.

Ron