News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69' Charger Headers/Exhaust:

Started by Captain D, August 05, 2007, 10:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

I'm thinking about going with "Jet-Hot" Headers & Exhaust. Any negative experiences anyone? Thank you again for your time!

Kind regards,
Aaron

BlueSS454

Jet Hot doesn't make headers, they just coat them.  As far as I know, the ones they actually sell are all made by Hooker Headers.  I have a set of Jet Hot coated Hooker Comp headers that I have been fighting with on my 69 440.  The driver side header hits the power steering box.  Short of denting the tube or putting on a manual steering box, they don't fit that good in my opinion.  I called the Hooker Header division of Holley Performance and they told me the same thing, "modify them to get them to fit"  ::)  :RantExplode:.  Just what I want to do, dent a set of $500 headers.
Tom Rightler

deputycrawford

I got a set of Dynomax headers for my 69. They are 1 7/8 primaries and ceramic coated like you mentioned. They don't fit too bad and I only paid $245 for them from Summit. I think they have gone up in price since then, but they are still not a bad deal. Mine get pretty close to the steering box but seem to do ok. I did fit a full size starter in there but have since gone with the mini. Most headers have their problems. Give the Dynomax a shot.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

joflaig

I had an entire exhaust sent to jet hot -- headers, cat, muffler, the works -- for my 4x4. After one winter the coating was starting to corode, in some spots completely.

Captain D

I called Jet-Hot, and they said that they have a 3 year warranty against peeling, ect. of the Sterling coating. And, a lifetime guarantee in general. They have the coating inside to help reduce rust v.s. headers w/ no protection inside the headers. So far, is this the only place that has a interior coating to help slow the rust?

We've seen some negative experiences, any positive responses w/ dealing with Jet-Hot? I thought about getting their "Sterling" coating. Any pros/cons experiences w/ this?

Thank you again,
Aaron