News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what should this 512 combo make

Started by mally69, August 01, 2007, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

You've been busy ;)....the "Indy" detailing looks good !  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 07, 2008, 02:25:08 AM
You've been busy ;)....the "Indy" detailing looks good !  :yesnod:

Ron

Thanks,
Yes I have been busy, I got alot of projects going on at the moment  :icon_smile_big: ..

mally69

Just a little bit of info for you guys, I have found a place to have this engine dynoed and its only about 20 min from where I live. The place is called Predator Performance in Dubois PA. I am going to have it bolted up, broke in, and tuned for 500 - 600 bucks. The duno is a superflow 902. Whats your thoughts ??

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on April 11, 2008, 08:17:57 AM
Just a little bit of info for you guys, I have found a place to have this engine dynoed and its only about 20 min from where I live. The place is called Predator Performance in Dubois PA. I am going to have it bolted up, broke in, and tuned for 500 - 600 bucks. The duno is a superflow 902. Whats your thoughts ??

The Superflow dynos are excellent. You can't go wrong breaking in a high dollar investment in a controlled envirionment and i highly recommend it. It helps to dial in the ignition and fuel curves for optimum performance and takes a lot of guesswork out of the equasion. Do it !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

Yep, I definatly going to have it dyno tuned. ;)  Then that way its perfect and I know exactly what its pumping out.   Now the only thing is I had a few local guys think that it wont run on 93 octane but I think it should.  What do you think?

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on April 11, 2008, 07:35:44 PM

Now the only thing is I had a few local guys think that it wont run on 93 octane but I think it should.  What do you think?

I know guys running more compression than yours on pump 93. Your cam is pretty healthy and will bleed of some cylinder pressure so that's a plus. I can't say definately that it will run perfect on 93 but my gut feeling is that it will. You have all the good things to make it work ; tight quench, aluminum heads with an excellent chamber shape and a big cam.  :Twocents:

Worst case scenerio is you back the timing off a bit on the street and spash some race fuel in the tank when you want to play hard.  ;)

Ron

mally69

Just an update, we got my pushrods back and they ended up 90 thousandths to long, so I had to have them cut down again. Other than that nothing else has taken place. Sorry guys, I have been extreamly busy the last month. Ill keep on the update's.

Steve P.

I know the feeling buddy. I think I have been on the site a total of about 10 minutes lately.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mally69

I kinda feel lost if im not on here for a while. Its almost like wondering if I have missed anything.

Steve P.

I have such a bad memory I can't remember about half of what I have read here..  :icon_smile_big:

Was I just on?? :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mally69

I have a quick question about my valley pan.. Ok, my heads are already bolted down and was the valley pan supposed to be bolted on before the heads were put on? I can get the valley pan on I just have to slide it up under the heads and it will go. But should it have been bolted on first or doesn't it matter.?  Im concerned about getting it to seal up so there is no oil leaks...

oldschool

Quote from: mally69 on August 01, 2007, 09:34:30 PM
440 bored and stroked to 512 cu in
cnc ported indy EZ-1 cylinder heads
indy 440-2 intake
indy roller rockers 1.5 ratio
11.1 compression
cam 260  @  .050  .625 lift  range
1050 cfm carb
tti 2" tuned headers

just a rough idea on  hp and tq numbers,,,,,thats what i have layed out so far for this engine  plus i just bought a main girdle and caps  from bcr cant wait to start building this is there anything you guys would add or change   

im guessing 650-675 hp.
i have a 500'' close to your specs and it made 573rwhp.

indy 295 cnc sr heads
13.5 cr.
tti step headers
indy dual plane
1000 cfm 4150
indy r-1 solid roller  272/276 @.50 .649 .649
1.6 rockers

imo i think you should use a roller cam.these big motors really respond well to big roller cams.
also,indys dual plane works really well,on a street car.it will also fit under your hood without a scoop.
i have three combos like this,that i drive mainly on the street,and they work really well.
you are going to love the torque your motor makes,good luck with it! :cheers:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

oldschool

Quote from: aifilaw on November 06, 2007, 09:07:31 PM
The thought of driving that around town is fairly amusing to me. That's not a very streetable buildup. :)

i think your combo will be very streetable.
i have one like this,and can lug it all over town,with no problems.
streetability is a very realitive term. :icon_smile_wink:
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp

oldschool

1970 Charger 580" 4-sp

mally69

Quote from: oldschool on May 11, 2008, 08:18:14 PM

Being streetable was a big concern, I had to make sure it run on pump gas.  I was hopeing to have around 650+ which I think I got it.  :icon_smile_big:    I have been very busy lately with a ton of things and I haven't done much with this build but it will get done this summer

oldschool

Quote from: mally69 on May 11, 2008, 05:04:05 PM
I have a quick question about my valley pan.. Ok, my heads are already bolted down and was the valley pan supposed to be bolted on before the heads were put on? I can get the valley pan on I just have to slide it up under the heads and it will go. But should it have been bolted on first or doesn't it matter.?  Im concerned about getting it to seal up so there is no oil leaks...

you need to put the valley cover on first,then put a bead of rtv on both sides,were the heads meet it
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp

mally69

Quote from: oldschool on May 11, 2008, 08:26:21 PM
Quote from: mally69 on May 11, 2008, 05:04:05 PM

you need to put the valley cover on first,then put a bead of rtv on both sides,were the heads meet it

OK, thanks. I will have to change that. :2thumbs:

oldschool

Quote from: mally69 on May 11, 2008, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: oldschool on May 11, 2008, 08:18:14 PM

Being streetable was a big concern, I had to make sure it run on pump gas.  I was hopeing to have around 650+ which I think I got it.  :icon_smile_big:    I have been very busy lately with a ton of things and I haven't done much with this build but it will get done this summer

are you putting this in a charger?
one of my 500'' motors are in a 68 r/t,with a 4 sp. and a 3.54 dana.
its a blast on the street!
make sure you dyno it ,to set your a/f and,timming.its money well spent.
when i dynoed mine i picked up 93 rwhp with tunning,from where i started
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp

mally69

Yes this will be into a 68 charger, I already bought the hood with a sixpack style scoop which is a must for my intake. I am planning on buying a tranny from cope racing trans, and I need a set of SS springs, an 8 point bar,  and I already have a dana 60 with 4.10's  ;) ... Ill be in the market for a solid bodied car next summer. I am for certain going to have it dyno tuned, sounds like that is the BEST way to go. :yesnod:

mally69

Ok, got the heads off and gooped up the valley pan and reinstalled the heads and oil kit, and also adjusted all the valve's  ;)   not much to look at but here is the pic.  Now what spark plugs shall I buy ???

Steve P.

Lookin great bro...  Keep it up........     :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mally69

Here are some extra stuff that I ended up not needing. If any one is interested send me a PM.. Also, im not sure if I asked this or not but what would be a good plug to get for this. Will it use the same as my stealth heads?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43923.0.html

mally69

Just a quick update on this. I have not done much with this build latley due to and engine failure with my other 440, but it is all put back together so I can start back on the 512 project. I will keep on the update.  :coolgleamA:

firefighter3931