News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blind Date Story

Started by PocketThunder, August 01, 2007, 01:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Any blind date stories here?  I was reading about bigdads blind date on Moparts over the weekend and the guys over there had some pretty good ones.  Here's mine.

I was 18 and off to college in Eau Claire, WI.  My buddy from work sets me up on a blind date and we all go out together on a double date.  The 3 of them arrive at my place and we head off to the mall to eat and go to a movie.  Not the best scenario for getting to know someone when half the night is spent in silence watching a movie.  Anyway, no progress during the movie, and on the way home I talked to her in the back seat of my buddies Celica but she was very shy.  I needed to read some of the ice breaker threads ideas, man I was scraping for anything, but no luck.  They dropped me off and that was it.  Pretty exciting huh.  Later I found out she was really into reading books and taking long hot baths.  So I guess I was the last ditch effort by her friends to get her out of the tub but I couldn't seal the deal.  Oh well.  Guess I should have offered to go to here place and get to know her in a more comfortable environment, like her tub!  :scratchchin:  Oh and she was good looking also, cant forget that part.

I gotta believe Strat or Old Moparz will have a good story to share.  I would ask if Mojo went on a blind date but I somehow think he would pre-screen all his dates before hand. :yesnod:

Paul
In St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

I once gave a girl a Roman Soldier Helmet on our first date. Does that count as a "blind date" story?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Bob

Old Moparz

Not technically a blind date, but close. When I was about 21 or 22 years old, a friend of mine, Mark, had showed a woman coworker of his, named Gwen, a bunch of photos he took while on vacation. That vacation consisted of 6 or 7 of us renting a condo on the beach in Wildwood, NJ for two weeks. She had asked him who I was in the photos, a few other questions, & whether I was single. That's all it takes when you're 21 or 22 & single to be interested in return.  :D

When I saw my friend Mark, he told me that she was asking about me, but didn't have any photos of her. He did reassure me she was nice looking & that she was interested in meeting. About a week later, a small group of us made plans to go out. It was me, my friend Mark who worked with Gwen, & another friend named Mike. Then there was Gwen & two of her friends named Erin & Rachael. All three were nice looking & seemed okay, but Gwen hardly said much.

Now since Gwen stayed quiet & didn't say much to me, I figured she wasn't as interested as I was led to believe. Also, her friend Erin bought me a drink & talked to me all night instead. I assumed that Gwen wasn't interested, but her friend Erin was. By the end of the night Erin exchanged numbers with me & all seemed fine. Mark never said much that night, but Gwen seemed very interested in Mark & not me. Maybe she was just shy & only talked to him since she knew him already?

A few days later Mark stopped over my house & said Gwen was mad at her friend Erin for hitting on me & exchanging numbers. It didn't seem that way that night we were all out, & it appeared fine. I thought she wasn't interested, or that they had a mutual agreement between themselves. Or maybe they had some kind of secret, joint female restroom trip, with coded communications about who was going to date who.  :shruggy:

Nothing too eventful ever transpired. I saw Erin a few times, but one day found her with another "friend" in a bedroom at a party, so I decided not to call her again. My other "friend" complained not long after that party, of a burning sensation when he urinated. All I told him was that he should always use protection. :D Gwen stayed friends with Erin, but later moved to Florida & developed a bad coke habit. The other two people who weren't really mentioned, Mike & Rachael, had ended up dating for a few years, married, had a couple of kids, & are still together today.

Mike & Rachael even switched from Buick to Chryslers, so the story has a happy ending.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

aifilaw

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 01, 2007, 02:26:59 PM

Mike & Rachael even switched from Buick to Chryslers, so the story has a happy ending.  :cheers:

That's all I got out of this story....that and blind dates are dumb.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

70charger_boy

I once went out with a female dragster.  She invited me to her house for some coffe, but I told her I had to go to work in the morning

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 01, 2007, 03:01:16 PM
I once went out with a female dragster.  She invited me to her house for some coffe, but I told her I had to go to work in the morning

r u an idiot or gay? J/K
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

SeattleCharger

Friend of mine's girlfriend's friend.  She was fairly attractive and curvy and pretty cool,  and wanted to talk, we were sitting on bed, after a while she took off her shirt,  nice.    The two girls had come over to where I lived, back in college time. (not really my house).   Anyways, before this, I really didn't know much about her,  they said I might like her, that I should give meeting her a chance, etc.,
  but what they didn't tell me was that she was a new self proclaimed born again christian, and after I was all into her (in my mind,  ;D) talking with her on the bed, with her full things pushing out of support garmet, (pg rated story),   this is when I found out this great news,   from this   :drool5:    to this    :eyes: :icon_smile_angry: :brickwall: :eyes:   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

PocketThunder

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on August 01, 2007, 03:12:20 PM
Friend of mine's girlfriend's friend.  She was fairly attractive and curvy and pretty cool,  and wanted to talk, we were sitting on bed, after a while she took off her shirt,  nice.    The two girls had come over to where I lived, back in college time. (not really my house).   Anyways, before this, I really didn't know much about her,  they said I might like her, that I should give meeting her a chance, etc.,
  but what they didn't tell me was that she was a new self proclaimed born again christian, and after I was all into her (in my mind,  ;D) talking with her on the bed, with her full things pushing out of support garmet, (pg rated story),   this is when I found out this great news,   from this   :drool5:    to this    :eyes: :icon_smile_angry: :brickwall: :eyes:   

Oh no, blue balls!  :nutkick: We had that girl on the CC team in College also, she would take you only so far an then get all innocent and call it quits..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

CharlieCharger

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on August 01, 2007, 03:12:20 PM
I wish my Sunday teacher did That
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Drache

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 01, 2007, 03:18:19 PM
Oh no, blue balls!  :nutkick: We had that girl on the CC team in College also, she would take you only so far an then get all innocent and call it quits..

I think I dated her Canadian Cousin....  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dkn1997

Does me being "blind" drunk and banging some pig and barely remembering it count as a blind date?
RECHRGED

Brock Samson

sorry i had to check with my lawyers...

i have been cleared to tell you the story about the blind date where the three of us went to Sausalito for drinks at a swanky bay-front bar which was pretty much empty,.. and my date, (who was just o.k. IMO) took a hankering to a guy who imposed himself on our party, he suggested we go sailing on his 30 foot sailboat, which we did,.. our new found "friend" Robert Plant and my "date" hit it off pretty well,..
i wasn't exactly dashed cause i wasn't all that into her anyhow,.. but i was pretty much in awe of him.. though i found him rather arrogant, but perhaps he was simply drunk as we all were drinking heavily.. he never admitted his identity, claiming all night to be a south african diamond merchant, wink, wink...  :icon_smile_wink:
i heard from the gal who set us up that they met one more time. but i never saw her again, and i didn't much care. this was in the mid-'80s.
  BTW: my Lawyer is checking on the legality of sharing my other more fond rememberances but i thought you'd especially enjoy this particular story.

SeattleCharger

You have a lawyer that you call to check out what you can post in a thread on the charger site?  wow   

btw, I can't get those links to open you have in your sig.,    wanted to check out your new 71 bee, can you post a pic here please?  thanks, Nate

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

70charger_boy

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 01, 2007, 03:03:02 PM

r u an idiot or gay? J/K

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

rt green

ya, i had a blind date once and we were out and ted Nugent came up and stole her away from me. imagine that. he said he was  a florist.
third string oil changer

69bronzeT5

:smilielol: :sarcasmalert:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 02, 2007, 01:49:09 AM

When you go out on a date...does your mom drop you off right in front of the mall, or at the park and ride?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 02, 2007, 01:52:09 AM

When you go out on a date...does your mom drop you off right in front of the mall, or at the park and ride?

never been on a date :icon_smile_blackeye: :rotz:

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 02, 2007, 02:22:42 AM

nah...really? ::)

69bronzeT5

70charger_boy

My mom died, but my dad drops me off at the mall

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 02, 2007, 02:29:24 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 02, 2007, 02:22:42 AM

nah...really? ::)

I think this is an opportunity to set Bronzy up on a blind date and he can report back on how it went.

Brewster can you set him up?

General_01

Back in high school, my cousin set me up with a friend of his girlfriend. I can't remember her name, but we hit it off pretty good. After we dropped them off for the night, my cousin asked with a smirk if my CPR lessons went alright. :D I dated the girl for a few months. Even had a cop ask us to leave a park once because it was after curfew. Boy, it was fun being young.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

70charger_boy

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 01, 2007, 04:38:28 PM
sorry i had to check with my lawyers...

i have been cleared to tell you the story about the blind date where the three of us went to Sausalito for drinks at a swanky bay-front bar which was pretty much empty,.. and my date, (who was just o.k. IMO) took a hankering to a guy who imposed himself on our party, he suggested we go sailing on his 30 foot sailboat, which we did,.. our new found "friend" Robert Plant and my "date" hit it off pretty well,..
i wasn't exactly dashed cause i wasn't all that into her anyhow,.. but i was pretty much in awe of him.. though i found him rather arrogant, but perhaps he was simply drunk as we all were drinking heavily.. he never admitted his identity, claiming all night to be a south african diamond merchant, wink, wink...  :icon_smile_wink:
i heard from the gal who set us up that they met one more time. but i never saw her again, and i didn't much care. this was in the mid-'80s.
  BTW: my Lawyer is checking on the legality of sharing my other more fond rememberances but i thought you'd especially enjoy this particular story.

Did your "friend" slap the girl with a fish?