News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Young Guns

Started by 73ChargerSE, July 27, 2007, 07:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

[/qoute
Agreed, the General was a good looking car, but jeeez people not every charger is a DOH General Lee.  I have a friend of mine who has a Vitamin C Roadrunner witha 440, numbers matching car and everytime he drives it, someone at a stop sign will yell out something bout hitting the "Dixie horn" or something like that, gets annoying.

Is your friends car a 6 pac car? post some photo's of it, I love Vitamin C RR's.

Mike DC

No younger guys outside the hobby really know or care about any of the model-year stuff with old Chargers. 
Modern car body designs don't change for 3-5 years at a stretch and that's what they're used to.

So just tell people that your 2nd-gen Dodge Charger is like the General Lee, Vin Deisel's black car in F&F, Blade's car, and the black DeathProof stunt car.

69bronzeT5

Well I got some stuff done on my 69 today. My dad did some bondo work on the left front fender a few months back and today I sanded it til it was smooth and primed it just like the rest of the car. I also emptied the trunk (see before pic of the trunk, sorry dont have any after pics til Sunday ;)) and sorted everything and organized it. I also cleaned the interior and vaccumed it.

Also, in the process I found an interesting tag. I took out the buddy seat to clean it and I turned it upside down and undid some of the "potato sack" material on the underside and I found a black metal tag. Theres a hole in it and one of the coils of the seat goes through that hole. It has a bunch of numbers and letters on it and I have noooo clue what is it. Its forsure not a fender tag, cuz my car has the fender tag in the proper place and it isnt one from a different car because its too small to be a fender tag....I dont have a camera til Sunday so I'll post pics of it then. Its about this big:
|                                                                               |
|_______________________________________ |

Does anybody know what this tag is??? And also here is the before picture of the trunk.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mustanghater

nothing wrong with tuner cars. I've had to buy tuner cars to go fast cause of prices i had a civic that did 13's with a B18 and a bunch of jdm parts that other guys would kill to have.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

mustanghater

Those guys with the big wings are just wanna be tuners cause there the posers who dont step up at the strip they pull in a park in the corner. I had a small cf lip off the back of my honda for looks not to mention it was bright green. yeah its a rice rocket but it sure wasnt no poser rice rocket i actually went fast. Those vtec motors can be powerfull motors. I was even running a turbo off a labaron. It cost me 4k to build that car and I can bet right now it would ahve taken on any of your guys cars and won. yeah its a honda and i would rather be in a charger or dart. But dont go talkin crap bout tuner cars cause some are fast. Those big fart cans are suppose to add horse power but thats only if you have the full exhaust system unlike the ones you usually see that sound like rubber bands. if its done right it sounds pretty good.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic