News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I Try And Repair This?

Started by RangerDan440, July 31, 2007, 09:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RangerDan440

Or spend $400 on one of the new repops?

69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mass_Mopar

Pull the taillight, I'm sure the damage doesn't stop with what you can see.  I repaired my tailpanel because there were a few holes under the lights, but not visible with the lights in.  That looks like it goes up and around the left, and would be a big project.  Looks like you'll need to drop the 400 and graph the majority of it in :icon_smile_blackeye:  And welcome aboard newbie!  ;)
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

RangerDan440

thats the only rust on the panel.  Up till recently I wouldnt have had a choice and would have repaired it, but now the repros are out.  Anyone get one yet?  Are they worth it?
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

RangerDan440

QuoteAnd welcome aboard newbie!  ;)

thank you sir!  And at 97 posts, youre just the old man in the mountain, aint ya :icon_smile_tongue:
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

Mass_Mopar

hey I was all the way up to 100 on the old board  :eek2: :lol:
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

70charger_boy

bull

Yea, by the time you get done messing around trying to patch it I think you'd be better off with a new part IMO.

69bronzeT5

Yea man, I gotta agree with bull, get a new one. Also, I noticed a screw or bolt hole on your trunk lid....what was that from??
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RangerDan440

Im leaning towards trying to fix it...

Im a novice welder at best.  But the thought of trying to graft in a new panel that may or not fit is more intimidating than patching a few holes
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

UFO

While your working on the back half,don`t forget to restore that dealer emblem.I know some people hate having them on there.I think its a nice touch.

RangerDan440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 31, 2007, 09:38:33 PM
Yea man, I gotta agree with bull, get a new one. Also, I noticed a screw or bolt hole on your trunk lid....what was that from??

it had a luggage rack

and yes, Im keeping the Music City Dodge plate :laugh:  Theyre still in business.  I talked to the owner a few weeks ago, he said he's look in the archives for any info on the car but he wasnt too optimistic
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

69charger2002

hey where did you get that car? i sold one not all that long ago that had that exact emblem on it. is that an SE car by chance??
let me know.. post some more pics
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

UFO

Still in business,,,Even better.Maybe he can locate a new one.

RangerDan440

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 31, 2007, 09:46:47 PM
hey where did you get that car? i sold one not all that long ago that had that exact emblem on it. is that an SE car by chance??
let me know.. post some more pics
trav
yeah I just looked at your location-I bought it from you  :lol:

shes going under the knife soon
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

69charger2002

well i sold it to a buddy in biloxi.. maybe he sold it to you?? that car came from just outside of nashville by the way. sat in a field for YEARS and years..i have to admit i robbed the 6 way seat out of it..
trav

RangerDan440

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 31, 2007, 09:52:10 PM
well i sold it to a buddy in biloxi.. maybe he sold it to you?? that car came from just outside of nashville by the way. sat in a field for YEARS and years..i have to admit i robbed the 6 way seat out of it..
trav
yeah I saw that someone grabbed a LOT of interior stuff out of it :flame:  Its coded for a black leather interior with the 6 way.  But it doesnt matter-this car is getting a full build with custom stitched seats and Ive already got everything to finish the car with, except for a guage panel and a console.  I can assure you it went to a good home-its getting a 440Source stroker with aluminum heads, a Keisler 5 speed, discs all around, and its going triple black with a red pearl stripe.

these are the only pictures I have of it-I took them right after I got it home and its in covered storage now:

69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

69charger2002

that's gonna be AWESOME.. i seriously didn't take much out of the interior. i needed a 6 way. did you buy it from the guy in biloxi? if so what did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking.. just curious. please keep us updated on the progress of that car, me especially. i wondered where it ended up. glad it's in good hands. it wouldn't have survived much longer where it was at.. was almost in a ravine and when it rained hard water got right up to it from a creek.. took me 6 hours to get that car out with no rear end
trav

RangerDan440

Yeah I got it from the guy in Biloxi, I knew it was down the Gulf somewhere; I think I paid like $2K for it last winter.  The drivetrain, buckets, console, guage cluster, and some other small stuff were missing, but I got a nice set of seats at Carlisle, and overall, its a pretty solid core car to start with.   A local guy keeps coming in once a month trying to buy it but I give him the "ah gun restohre it sumdayee" line.  The Biloxi guy gave me a SG 8 3/4 with it.  If you have any other info on the car, I'd appreciate it :2thumbs:     
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T

Dan T

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 31, 2007, 09:58:17 PM
it wouldn't have survived much longer where it was at.. was almost in a ravine and when it rained hard water got right up to it from a creek.. took me 6 hours to get that car out with no rear end
trav

I always love hearing stories of how these cars are saved! I can't believe so many were left for dead.. They all have an interesting story to tell!!
Trav, if you have any interesting pics of cars that you have found along the way & pulled out of ditches, you should post them!!
:2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

69charger2002

good deal ranger! i paid $1800 for it probably 2 years ago. and cost me about 400 to pull it home. i think my buddy paid me $2500 for it after i took the seat.. he may have taken a few things i dunno. either way you stole it!  danT i have over a hundred cool storiies to tell about cars i've bought/found.. my dumb-ass doesn't think to have a camera with me when i go to get these cars.. so i hardly ever have proof of how i found them.. i always take the pics after i get them back in the yard.. anyway sorry to hijack the thread i just knew from the music city emblem i used to have that car. kinda funny
trav

PocketThunder

Quote from: Mass_Mopar on July 31, 2007, 09:20:41 PM  And welcome aboard newbie!  ;)
Hey may be new here, but he's no newbie to the mopar world, i believe this is RangerDan from moparts?  am i correct?  welcome to the dark side :punkrocka:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69charger2002

lol if you look at my sig pic.. that's it sticking way up in the air on the trailer in the background. i had just brought it home!. lol just noticed that

Dan T

1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

RangerDan440

hey there PT  ;)  yup its me.  Ive been a "lurker" here for awhile, I just got around to registering recently.  I figured since I finished the Coronet
(this thing for those of you that dont know me on Moparts)

and Im starting on 2002's former Charger :lol: Im gonna need some help from the experts here :2thumbs:
69 Charger
71 Road Runner
71 Satellite sedan
73 Duster
10 Challenger R/T