News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a call last Sunday ( long read)

Started by 400/6/PAC, July 31, 2007, 08:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

I was debaiting about asking You Guy's about this, After reading so many post and replys I figured this was the best place to get honest replys.
My Mom passed away in 03, About three months after her passing I got a letter in the mail from the state of texas that said they had found a match between my Mother and a child she had given up for obdoption.
I contacted the person that was working the case and learned that I have a sister That I never knew about.
I grew up not knowing that I had a sister.
I talked with a representive from the state for several months but never heard from my sister, I figured my Mom started the search.
and after this much time has passed I thought she didn't want to meet me
Two weeks ago I got a call from Her husband and they were trying to find her long lost family.
I have known about her now since 03 but never heard anything from her or the state
Now that She has contacted me she wants to come and meet me. Augest 25 is the date we set.
I'm not sure what to say or how to act.
Have any of you had something like this happen to you.
Any advise would be helpful.
Thanks

Silver R/T

I think this should be a happy occasion. At least I would be excited to know there's a family member. Hopefully you guys get along well and reunite forever.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

The70RT

Sounds like you need to give her a big hug and a kiss when you see her. Too bad she didn't get to moms funeral. Sounds like mom was trying to set it up. Good luck man. I had something similar happen with a sister. She was a half sister. My full sister does that family tree thing. She met a cousin a couple weeks ago and she says he looks like me and want's us to meet. I found out after working in a building for 14 years I had a cousin working there too. Seems like I am meeting new family all the time. Im sure everything else will fall into place after you two meet.  Go out and have a good time. :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

I agree with Silver totally on this one. I wish I had a sister or brother. I would embrace the moment. You can start out by talking about what you both knew about her. And if one of you didn't know everything, then you can tell what you do know about your mom.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

400/6/PAC

Yea man I will embrace it.
Thanks .
I just worry about how she might feel.
She was the one given up.

PocketThunder

Did you have any other brothers or sisters?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

I think you shouldn't worry about what to say or do. Just meet her and let your instincts take over. I'm 99.9% sure it'll turn out to be a terrific experience.

OldGuy

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity.  Greet her with a hug and a kiss.  Find some common things to talk about and you will probably both want to share your life's experiences with each other.  Follow your conversations wherever it takes you.

Enjoy the moment :yesnod:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

400/6/PAC

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 31, 2007, 10:23:28 PM
Yes I had two brothers and two sisters.
One brother died in a motorcycle crash and one sister was killed by a jelous boyfriend.
It's a strange feeling to have lost two and then now I find one that I never knew about.

41husk

Sounds like a happy day.  Best of luck and I am sure she is as nervouse as you.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on August 01, 2007, 06:59:38 AM
One brother died in a motorcycle crash and one sister was killed by a jelous boyfriend.
It's a strange feeling to have lost two and then now I find one that I never knew about.

Holy Crap!!   I hope the jealous boyfriend is at the Federal Pound me in the Ass Prison.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

19Charger68

My guess is that it will be a wonderful experience.  I was adopted, but I know that I have a brother and sister out there somewhere.  No luck finding them or my birth parents but I would be very excited to meet any of them if I had the chance.  Good luck, I hope it turns out well!
Bruce

Charger1973

What do your other brother and sister think?  Im assuming they will be there as well? 

400/6/PAC

Quote from: Charger1973 on August 01, 2007, 11:15:18 AM
What do your other brother and sister think?  Im assuming they will be there as well? 
They are excited about meeting her.
My ( new ) sister just wants to meet me for now.
I thinks it's because I was the one talking to the state back in 03, and I was required to go to counsling.
I gotta tell you, no amount of counsling could prepair me for this meeting.
Talking about it has helped ease the nervusness.

BigBlackDodge

Great story! :yesnod:

I'm sure she's just as nervous as you about meeting............I know I would be! You have nothing to lose and a sister (nephews/neices?) to gain! :2thumbs:

BBD

400/6/PAC

It is a great story.
I've never been so happy as i am now.
One thing I cant figure out is why My Mom gave her up for adoption.
Mom had five kids ( me being the youngest) I was about five years old when she had this child so I never knew.
I have come up with several reasons as to why she might have given up a child while raiseing five others but nothing makes any sinse.
I know we grew up very poor and my grandpa helped to feed us. I think he may have told my Mom that he would not help her anymore if she kept the child ( out of wedlock) Or mabey Mom was trying to gain custody of us and another child could have made her look like an unfit mother. What ever the reasons, I am looking forward to meeting my sister.
Thanks to all of you who have replyed.

400/6/PAC

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 01, 2007, 09:04:33 AM
Quote from: 400/6/PAC on August 01, 2007, 06:59:38 AM

Holy Crap!!   I hope the jealous boyfriend is at the Federal Pound me in the Ass Prison.
He's pushing  up daisys now. died in prison