News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spare tire

Started by Bob, July 31, 2007, 05:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

At a flea market Sunday I picked up a old Chrysler temporary spare. The only reason I bought it was because I found the pentastar on the inside of the rim. I forgot to bring the numbers with me but it is a 16" tire. 50 mph max, 5 lug. It is a bias tire in really good condition. What size and type spare came on the Chargers? I will get the numbers tonight. This is probably in the wrong section..
Bob

resq302

Bob,

I know the second gen chargers got a 14" steel rim painted body color or black if your got the magnum 500s.  I don't know what the answer would be for cars that had 15" rims but I can not imagine it would be that much different.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

41husk

That sounds like it may be one of the later model spares from a k car maybe?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Bob

IT APPEASR TO BE 30 OR 40 YEARS OLD WITH AN OLD BIAS TIRE 4 PLY. TOMORROW I WILL HAVE THE STATS.
THANKS 41

hemigeno

Quote from: resq302 on July 31, 2007, 06:34:28 AM
Bob,

I know the second gen chargers got a 14" steel rim painted body color or black if your got the magnum 500s.  I don't know what the answer would be for cars that had 15" rims but I can not imagine it would be that much different.

:iagree:

The only thing I can add to what Brian stated is that a car that got full wheel covers also received a black spare. 

Any car that got the dogdish hubcaps got body-colored steel wheels & spare, everything else should have been outfitted with a black (steel) spare of the same size/diameter as the wheels on the car (e.g. Hemicars got a 15" spare).

I looked through all my '69 material plus the '70/'71 parts book and found absolutely nothing about 16" wheels being equipped on any Chrysler product.  Chances are, it's a truck wheel of some sort.  Hard to say without the number, but there's nothing related to passenger cars that comes to mind.

:Twocents:

Bob

Here is what I got off the tire this morning. I don't think it is a 16" since I sat it up next to my 15" and it was the same height.

Temporary Use Only
Goodyear
Convenance Spare
Inflate to 60 psi
Max Speed 50
T145/90 D16    106M

Bob

This the response I got from Goodyear this morning,

Bob,

Tough to tell which vehicle specifically.  Many space savers are bias while the vehicle came with radials.  The tire you have has an approximate inflated O. D. of 26.44".  This makes it compatible to several radial sizes which will have a similar or nominal inflated O. D. of or close to that dimension.  It does not have to be exact.  The tire could be for a vehicle with 14", 15",or 16" radials on the ground.  Wish I could be more specific.

Regards,

Kelsey