News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Polyurethane grease??????

Started by chargerguy111, July 31, 2007, 07:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerguy111

Someone on this site mentioned that I needed to use a polyurethane grease for my polyurethane leaf spring bushings.Is this necessary, or will any grease work?What is everybody else using?

keepat

I used Energy Suspension formula 5 preluba P.N. 9.11108 it was supplied with my Polyurethane from Just Suspension.
Pat

Ghoste

They didn't include a little when they sent you the bushings?

GreenMachine

Isn't it Silicone Grease that they supply? I think any synthetic grease should work.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

chargerguy111

I bought my bushings from mancini racing and they didn't send any grease with them.Any other idea what kind to use?Surely I could get something at a local parts store!

chargerguy111

My mistake!I just checked in my bushing bag and I guess someone thought it would be funny to stick the grease in my front eye bushing sleeves.Anyway,problem solved!Thanks everybody for the responses!

Chatt69chgr

Silicone grease would probably be good as it's operating temperature range is something like -50 to 400 F.  And it's not miscible in water.  So it won't wash out.  And it never hardens.  You can get it from GE sold as spark plug boot release lubricant.  I have bought the GE product in the past at K-mart.  Also, you can get it from Dow-Corning.  It's their DC-4 Dielectric Grease.  That took some looking the last time I bought a tube as it is usually only carried by industrial dealers.  I found a place by going to the Dow Corning website.