News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dimensions of a 1973 Charger hood?

Started by CHRGR SE, April 17, 2008, 02:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHRGR SE

Looking for measurements as my car is many miles away and I am picking up an RT hood at Van Nuys next month.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

hutch

Its big and heavy, i know that.  Are you looking for a hood? Looking to make a hood?  Or looking to modify your existing hood?

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

CHRGR SE

Quote from: hutch on April 17, 2008, 07:31:13 AM
Its big and heavy, i know that.  Are you looking for a hood? Looking to make a hood?  Or looking to modify your existing hood?

No, I already bought one. Negative. Don't think so. Just need measurements so I can pick the correct vehicle to pick the new hood up at Spring Fling.  :laugh:

hutch

I hauled mine in the back of my dodge dakota shortbed last year.  just get some tie down straps.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

mikesbbody

I have a couple of PB hoods sitting in the garage. I measured a 71 pb hood with the insert removed and got: length 68, and width, 52.
These are approx measurements in inches always be prepared for alittle more I hope this helps and like i said, the measurements are approx.
The length was measured right down the middle of the hood and width was measured at the end of the hood (where the louvers are) from cornor to cornor which i think is the widest part.

CHRGR SE

Quote from: mikesbbody on April 17, 2008, 08:06:29 PM
I have a couple of PB hoods sitting in the garage. I measured a 71 pb hood with the insert removed and got: length 68, and width, 52.
These are approx measurements in inches always be prepared for alittle more I hope this helps and like i said, the measurements are approx.
The length was measured right down the middle of the hood and width was measured at the end of the hood (where the louvers are) from cornor to cornor which i think is the widest part.

Thank you very much. The info helps a lot in determining which vehicle I need to take to the Spring Fling to p/u the new one.

mikesbbody

no problem  :2thumbs: lets us know how it works out

CHRGR SE

Thanks again. I hit the Mopar Spring Fling on saturday and was stopped by three people as I wheeled it out wanting to know how much and where I acquired it. One asked me if it fit a 'Cuda. It barely fit in my G2500 and was a tad heavy to lift solo but it arrived safely monday morning at Barry's in Corona. They said it was the largest hood of any car in the shop.  :icon_smile_big: