News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So this guy wants to trade his Newport

Started by 69-DodgeCharger, July 30, 2007, 02:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69-DodgeCharger

I was at white castle the other night and this guy wants to trade me his 77 Chrysler Newport for my 77 Chevy Caprice Classic. I know that most ofyou will say that its a landslide victory for the newport but hear me out. My caprice looks like hell but it runs awesome. the newport is currently not running, he said the timing chain was messed up along with a couple other things. but the interior is absolutely mint in the newport, my interior is not the greatest. i have an original chevy 350, he has an original chrysler 400. he just put new dual exhaust on it, the heat an ac works in the newport, i dont have ac and my heat is currently not working. that car seems like it would be less work but i just dont know how much it will take to get it running. me and a buddy are going over there tonight to check it out again ill find out exactly whats wrong and post back with more details and get some opinions on if it is worth it or not to go for it.

but in the meantime heres some pics of both vehicles

69-DodgeCharger

more

69-DodgeCharger

more

69-DodgeCharger

more

69-DodgeCharger

my chevy

69-DodgeCharger

Just 6T9 CHGR

That has got to be the most pimp-tastic interior ever! :apimp:

Seriously though looks like the trunk is falling out of the Newport.....I'd keep the Chebbie
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

6pkrunner

Keep the Chev. Looks like most of the Newport is parked alongside the Titanic.  Wayyyy too much rot.

69charger2002

yeah that thing is rough. 400 is a boat anchor.. the chevy actually looks better.. how do you even know for sure the a.c and heat both work if the dang thing doesn't even run?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BrianShaughnessy

I think if you entered a demo derby that you should take the Newport.     Otherwise you're just shuffling problems around.    I wouldn't consider either a dependable daily driver anymore - but the chevvie wins cause it still runs.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

69charger2002

lol demo derby. didn't think of that!! both are good candidates, but that newport wins there hands down
trav

terrible one

I think you should keep the Chevy too. The Newport would definitely be where it's at if it hadn't gone and visited to Tulsa Plymouth for a while. Gotta love that interior on the 'Port though.  :coolgleamA:

whitehatspecial

Keep the Caprice. The Newport looks like a POS.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

70charger_boy

Charger_Fan

That back seat looks just like my Great Grandma's couch! :smilielol:

Oh & another vote to keep the Chebby.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chris G.

This is like asking if I would rather bump uglies with Ethel Mermen or the cashier on Seinfeld...answer...neither.

Both cars aren't worth more than I could take out at the ATM machine in a 24hr period...no offense of course.  :icon_smile_wink:

DodgeChargerNeeded

Demo Derby was my first thought for both cars. I know a bunch of guys that would kill for either of those cars
Jeff

69charger2002

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on July 30, 2007, 06:44:58 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 30, 2007, 03:16:32 PM
400 is a boat anchor..

:slap: :nono: :rant:

P = 400 260HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL

that in a 5000+ pound car, is a boat anchor. didn't say they didn't have potential.. 451 stroker, yada yada. but in this post. i bet a good running 318 would walk by it
:pity:

69DodgeCharger

Rusty?...........You must be kidding? I could get years out of that car. Glad to see you're all so spoiled on good sheetmetal. Try coming up to Michigan and you will find out what rusty really is!
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Magnumcharger

That Newport is a perfect clone opportunity for the "Shitmobile" from Trailer Park Boys.
My advice...loose the front right door, paint it rustoleum flat black, toss the hubcaps and replace them with Canadian Tire (or Pep Boys) cheapo plastic "mag-style" covers, pour yourself a rum and coke, gather all of your friends up, and go steal some barbeques (or shopping carts).

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2873141920073177147BemmLd
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69-DodgeCharger

Wow not gonna lie... kinda surprised.

I know its rusty and rotted but its not all that bad... I have seen much worse on cars that are driving round my town!

But I think Im gonna keep my Caprice, I just have become so attached you know

And lol @ demo derby cars idea! lol I am turning that Chevy into my daily driver! I might also be buying a 90 Daytona though to use for long trips between home and college.

But those cars are not rusty, yall dont know the meaning of rust if you havent lived in the midwest! lol

but thanks for yalls opinions, it gives me confidence that Im not the only one thinking this is a bad deal. If it were a 69 charger he was looking to trade, this thread would be titled as check out my first mopar! lol a guy can only wish...

lee

these are grandma cars are you going to bingo with the blue hairs :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 30, 2007, 10:21:52 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on July 30, 2007, 06:44:58 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 30, 2007, 03:16:32 PM
400 is a boat anchor..

:slap: :nono: :rant:

P = 400 260HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL

that in a 5000+ pound car, is a boat anchor. didn't say they didn't have potential.. 451 stroker, yada yada. but in this post. i bet a good running 318 would walk by it
:pity:

I agree Travis, But mine is not stock either ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P