News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lawn Boy 2 cycle mowers

Started by RT DAVE, July 29, 2007, 08:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

Anybody else like old lawn boy mowers or have any Commercial Mowers they want to get rid of?  Here's some of mine. 

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

RT DAVE

I know, I'm a loser...  Go ahead and say it.   ::)

Bob

RT DAVE

Quote from: Bob on July 30, 2007, 08:22:06 AM
Uh...nice mowers :eyes:

I like these because they are symbols of engineering simplicity and dependability as well as a small slice of americana on the side.   It's one of those deals where either you get it or you don't.   I still know I'm a loser...    :yesnod:

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 30, 2007, 08:34:09 AM
Quote from: Bob on July 30, 2007, 08:22:06 AM
Uh...nice mowers :eyes:

I like these because they are symbols of engineering simplicity and dependability as well as a small slice of americana on the side.   It's one of those deals where either you get it or you don't.   I still know I'm a loser...    :yesnod:

I have a 6.5 HP commercial grade two stroke Lawn Boy. It has it's good points and bad points. The good is the power and reliability. It will go through 6 inch wet grass like it's not even there, starts on the first pull almost every single time if primed and choked correctly and will run for hours on a single tank of gas. The bad.....It has the small wheels on the back of the deck, and a plastic "wall" under the deck to create the vacuum for the blade. The deck is the weak point, like most mowers. There is only one mower that has a deck that has ever survived a tour of duty with me. A 1971 Sears 5 HP with a Briggs and Stratton engine. That was a true "machine" Took it to an old guy to have it serviced and he ended up dying and his brother scrapped it out along with about 50-80 other mowers he had. I still miss that mower.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

bordin34

I have a really old mower that is thick steel or iron and have seen proffesionals use it. I will take a pic sometime today.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Bob

ACTUALLY, i DID OWN 2 OF THOSE AND LOVED THEM.

Troy

My step father has had one for over 25 years and that thing is still as reliable as ever. He has had to replace the wheels multiple times but that's about all I remember. The lawnmowers I use pretty much suck after working with that one for all of my teenage years.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger-Bodie

! i have 2 sweet lawn boy mowers .....they are the best push mower ever built in my honest opinion!.....light and VERY dependable
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RT DAVE

Quote from: Troy on July 30, 2007, 03:53:17 PM
My step father has had one for over 25 years and that thing is still as reliable as ever. He has had to replace the wheels multiple times but that's about all I remember. The lawnmowers I use pretty much suck after working with that one for all of my teenage years.

Troy

The used one is going on ebay, not that anyone here is looking to pay ebay prices for a lawnmower...   Anyhow, the other one with the huge motor guard is twenty years old and has never seen a blade of grass.  I found it at a parts store in the boonies when I was looking for some parts for somebody else who has a similar LB affliction.   

Red Ram

Got me a 10HP Ralley.  :cheers:
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Red Ram on July 30, 2007, 09:33:35 PM
Got me a 10HP Ralley.  :cheers:

Dude!......The 70's called. They want you back.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Todd Wilson

The old Lawn Boys were good mowers. The new stuff is junk.

Todd

Afflyer

:hah:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

AWESOME!

Bradley  :eek2:

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Red Ram

Quote from: Afflyer on July 31, 2007, 10:55:00 PM
:hah:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

AWESOME!

Bradley  :eek2:

....but my mower is from the 80's...and it's got 10 HP.

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"