News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any GTX-perts on this board?

Started by Ghoste, September 03, 2007, 04:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I'm wondering about interior options on 69 and 70 GTX and specifically about the dash clusters.  Could the 69 GTX get a dash cluster like the 69 Charger the way the Coronet RT could optionally order?  And did the 70 GTX have it standard like the Road Runner for 70?

UFO

I`m not up on my plymouth details but I believe the 69 gtx got a 150 speedo(bar type not rallye style).As for the 70 gtx I think they are the woodgrain rallye style.

no318

Quote from: UFO on September 03, 2007, 08:09:38 AM
I`m not up on my plymouth details but I believe the 69 gtx got a 150 speedo(bar type not rallye style).As for the 70 gtx I think they are the woodgrain rallye style.
I agree

69CoronetRT

Quote from: UFO on September 03, 2007, 08:09:38 AM

:iagree:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

That's what I thought but up until a few years ago I never knew you get the Rallye in the 69 RT so that's why I wanted to check.  Thanks guys.

68charger383

At a show last week and there was a 70 hemi RR which had the same gauges and almost the same camera case dash panel as a 69 Charger except the hazard light switch on a 70 is moved to the steering column. The 68/69 plymouths had the long speedo. The GTXs had the rallye gauges, but it was woodgrain and RR had the camera case. I was off, the 70s budget RR's did not have the long speedo.

Picture of a 70 superbird dash off e-bay

Picture of 70 GTX woodgrain dash
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

gtx6970

68 + 69 GTX - rallye type dash was not avail.
1970 rallye dash was all thats avail

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

Ghoste

My spinoff question would now be the Rallye dash in regards to a 69 Coronet RT.  If you ordered that cluster for the interior of your 69 RT, did it come with camera case or woodgrain?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2007, 03:45:04 AM
My spinoff question would now be the Rallye dash in regards to a 69 Coronet RT.  If you ordered that cluster for the interior of your 69 RT, did it come with camera case or woodgrain?

Here's mine..
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

Interesting.  Was woodgrain available optionally for the 69 with that cluster?

UFO

A quick peek in the data book,it looks like the answer is no to woodgrain.(If that was the only reason for someone to not purchase a car,I think the dealer would install them).