News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guitarists here...

Started by 69bronzeT5, July 29, 2007, 02:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:  i dunno if it's worth fixing up,.. might be better off putting that money into your rat rod, or maybe a camara so you can take pics of your finished charger...   :shruggy: or a real  gibson studio or an epiphone LP copy..
  :lol:

you did pretty good for five bucks the knobs are worth that easy.. but i wouldn't waste alot of time trying to make a cheap copy a premium axe... it the neck straight?.. are the tuners worth a damn?.. any pot metal in tyhe bridge?.. is it a bolted on neck?..
no I.D at all?.. on the other hand maybe it's a custom made axe only baised on a L.P..
There's nothing to i.d. it eh?..
:Twocents:

70charger_boy

Nah, nothing in the form of an I.D.  I have to wait until I get home to check the neck.  It is straight and I have some dragon 2000 pick up's from another guitar I had.  I was hoping it was a vintage Gibson, but I agree with you guys that it probably is a copy.  I think I might have some tuners around floating somewhere.  It will be fun to get it going and I'm not giving up on the rat rod :icon_smile_big: I have to put a radiator and front bumper on my charger along with the magnum's and I'll take some pics of my charger.  I must warn you, though I'm too embarassed to post pics, because it is in no way as nice as the charger's you guys have.  That will be years down the road. 

Brock Samson

is that it in your avitar down there?...

dodgecharger-fan

Except for the diamond on the head and the "worK" done to it, it looks a LOT like my first guitar - which I think was a Sears Catalog special.
It was actually my oldest brother's guitar first - he got it new.

It was actually a pretty good guitar once I got it set up properly.

Ponch ®

Most guitars can be pretty decent once you put a little work into them (as long as the neck isn't FUBAR) and a good set of tunning heads. I'd say put it back together with the pick ups you already have, scrounge up some of the other parts, and keep it as something you can have just laying around to thrash around with without getting too worried about dinging it up or getting all dusty (as opposed to a nice guitar that you have to keep in the case, and all that stuff).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70charger_boy

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 13, 2007, 11:44:38 AM
is that it in your avitar down there?...

Yeah, that is a pic when I first got it back in November.  It looks the same, except it will be running

Brock Samson

i was goin thru the lizzy moore playlist i put togeather (70) tracks,..
and found this little gem..
Mn has it really been more then 20 years since Phil's demise?..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rvb5C9GyImY&feature=PlayList&p=DE55E7C355AC47C1&index=3&playnext=4

God, that make me feel old...  :eek2:

willhaven

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 03, 2007, 07:52:43 PM
Yea, MIGHTY HETFIELD!!! Im getting a Gibson Explorer exactly like James used!!
Hetfield is my biggest influence. I haven't listened to Metallica religiously since the mid-90s, but his playing style (mostly down picking) got me up to speed really quickly. :)

My equipment choice was also heavily influenced by Metallica (ESP guitars and Mesa amps).

Hetfield only used Gibson Explorers and Vs for a short time, by the Puppets/Justice days, he was playing mostly ESP EXP (Explorer "lawsuit") models. The famous "EET FUK" and "MORE BEER" guitars are both ESP guitars made in Japan (the best ones).

I own 3 ESP Horizons (all Japanese), 2 Parker Fly's and one Music Man Stingray 5.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ponch ®

Quote from: willhaven on August 13, 2007, 11:28:51 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 03, 2007, 07:52:43 PM
Yea, MIGHTY HETFIELD!!! Im getting a Gibson Explorer exactly like James used!!
Hetfield is my biggest influence. I haven't listened to Metallica religiously since the mid-90s, but his playing style (mostly down picking) got me up to speed really quickly. :)

My equipment choice was also heavily influenced by Metallica (ESP guitars and Mesa amps).

Hetfield only used Gibson Explorers and Vs for a short time, by the Puppets/Justice days, he was playing mostly ESP EXP (Explorer "lawsuit") models. The famous "EET FUK" and "MORE BEER" guitars are both ESP guitars made in Japan (the best ones).

I own 3 ESP Horizons (all Japanese), 2 Parker Fly's and one Music Man Stingray 5.

How do the Parker's play? I dont think ill be able to afford one anytime soon and the styling is a little too much for me, but I have heard that they are sweet.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69bronzeT5

I just thought of another one of my favorite songs....

Fade To Black by Metallica......great guitar parts!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TeeWJay426

Anybody ever heard of Dream Theater? John Petrucci is one hell of a guitar player... as a matter of fact, they boast some of the best musicians nobody's ever heard of that I can think of.... as far as mainstream guys that people HAVE heard of, hard to top Clapton, Stevie Ray, or Jimi.....
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Manfred318

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on August 17, 2007, 10:24:25 PM
Anybody ever heard of Dream Theater? John Petrucci is one hell of a guitar player... as a matter of fact, they boast some of the best musicians nobody's ever heard of that I can think of.... as far as mainstream guys that people HAVE heard of, hard to top Clapton, Stevie Ray, or Jimi.....
Hell yea Dream Theater is awsome. John Petrucci is one hell of a guitar player.  :musik010: :METAL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HVhQc7foXQ

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on August 17, 2007, 10:24:25 PM

Yep, a friend of mine put me on to them years ago, but to be honest, I just haven't picked up on their stuff too much... what I have heard is amazing.

70charger_boy

Magnumcharger

Mr. Theodore Nugent :2thumbs:
Mr. Brian Setzer :yesnod:
Mr. Jeremy Woodworth
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

70charger_boy

Quote from: Magnumcharger on September 23, 2007, 03:52:42 PM
Mr. Theodore Nugent :2thumbs:
Mr. Brian Setzer :yesnod:
Mr. Jeremy Woodworth

Ted rules and setzer totally rocks!!!!
Ted was on bill maher's show and attacked by liberal bill for his views on guns

Magnumcharger

Although Ted Nugent can be a touch abrasive, he does give excellent sound bites:

On gun control:
When Nugent was a speaker at the NRA's 2005 National Convention in Houston, Texas, he received an enthusiastic reception from the delegates, telling them: "Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em! To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

On PETA:
In a 1992 radio interview, Nugent referred to Heidi Prescott of the Fund for Animals as a "worthless whore" and a "shallow slut," asking "who needs to club a seal, when you can club Heidi?"
and
"We've got reports and files with law enforcement across America where animal rights extremists are on record threatening to kill my children on the way to school because we eat pheasant." In 2006 he stated in an interview that "anyone who thinks hunting is terrible can kiss my ass."

Gotta like this guy!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

70charger_boy

Quote from: Magnumcharger on September 23, 2007, 09:46:56 PM
Although Ted Nugent can be a touch abrasive, he does give excellent sound bites:

On gun control:
When Nugent was a speaker at the NRA's 2005 National Convention in Houston, Texas, he received an enthusiastic reception from the delegates, telling them: "Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em! To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

On PETA:
In a 1992 radio interview, Nugent referred to Heidi Prescott of the Fund for Animals as a "worthless whore" and a "shallow slut," asking "who needs to club a seal, when you can club Heidi?"
and
"We've got reports and files with law enforcement across America where animal rights extremists are on record threatening to kill my children on the way to school because we eat pheasant." In 2006 he stated in an interview that "anyone who thinks hunting is terrible can kiss my ass."

Gotta like this guy!!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: 

DukesofHoward

70charger_boy

I put Gary hoey in here somewhere

DukesofHoward

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 25, 2007, 09:51:41 PM
Yeah I skipped straight to the end of the thread. Love hearing his stuff. Got his Christmas Cds and mix him in with the old stuff during the holidays.

Anybody got a link to video of Jimi doing Red House at the Isle of Mann (I think it was...)

70charger_boy

Quote from: DukesofHoward on September 25, 2007, 10:48:04 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 25, 2007, 09:51:41 PM
  Yeah I skipped straight to the end of the thread. Love hearing his stuff. Got his Christmas Cds and mix him in with the old stuff during the holidays.

Anybody got a link to video of Jimi doing Red House at the Isle of Mann (I think it was...)

I saw him at Newport, RI over the summer.  He always comes to Rhode Island 2-3 times a year and is interviewed by the local radio station here. 

70charger_boy

Bronzy check these guys out.  Probably the most amazing playing I've seen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYjls4dTG98&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8tD5BJ4Yuk&mode=related&search=

If this doesn't give you motivation I don't know what will