News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lookie what I found (Unmolested 71 R/T)!!!

Started by 72Rallye440, July 28, 2007, 11:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

RD

Quote from: ds440 on October 31, 2007, 08:44:29 AM
Quote from: twilt on October 30, 2007, 11:22:21 PM

Stevie Wonder could see that he did give DC members first dibs. Apparently no one here stepped up to the plate and bought the car.

Ditto.  I thought that was the point of the thread.  He could have just posted it on ebay without saying anything.

-------

If some of you wanted the car - did you make an offer?  Okay then...there you go....

I know him - he's not a 'flipper'.  He was selling the car to help fund the restoration of his other '71 R/T.  I would have done the same. :Twocents:

totally agree with both statements, so those who are doggin on the guy just need to quit. 

you all are just jealous you didnt get a chance to flip the car.  :nana:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chris G.

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on October 31, 2007, 04:21:23 PM
If I would have ended up with that Charger I would have brought it back to life.

Not sure if you realize this or not, but the car IS FOR SALE RIGHT NOW. If you want it, bid. Otherwise why cry in your cereal about it? Oh wait, I know...you want it for free, right?  :eyes:

BMOTOXSTAR

:sarcasmalert: :sarcasmalert: :sarcasmalert:

Here is the think Buck A Roo,

I did not want the Charger for free.Yes, it is on E-Bay. The Car will probally go for more than it is worth, this has been the trend with cars on E-Bay lately. The Charger is also way farther away now then it was when it was posted here, when it was found and located in Cincinnati. It was closer to me and would have then cost less for me to pick up & I could have looked at it first, etc....
  So that is 2 strikes on it now. God only knows what has been taken off it now or what the new owner has done to it, not saying they have. Sight unseen I do not like to buy cars on E-Bay sight unseen, I go look first.
   Maybe I am different then some but here is  how I took this   post from start.

Oh boy guys I found a 71' R/T for sale, what is it worth? Maybe I will not buy it. Oh, everyone wants it, now I will buy it and make $ on people whom would like to re-store the Charger and enjoy it, and I belong to this web-site and these are the people I will try to make $ on first, now that I know it could bring some cash? Oh no, no one wants it now that I bought it and jacked the $ up.

I could be wrong and misunderstood the post if I did then I am very sorry.
If I see cars for sale locally, no matter the price, even if it is a steal, I post it here. I do not even ask what it is worth first, I post it here 1st to me fellow DC.COM pals. If someone here is looking for a Charger and I see a local deal then I want to help out and spread the word. I do not ask what everone would pay first and then find out and try to sell it.

Like I said, if I got anyone pissed I am sorry. :shruggy:
:Twocents:
Have to go now, time to take the shortys out for Trick or Treat.
Oh yeah, if I see any Chargers sitting in a back yard for sale tonight and I do not want the car, I will post all the info.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

The70RT

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on October 31, 2007, 05:00:05 PM
:sarcasmalert: :sarcasmalert: :sarcasmalert:

Here is the think Buck A Roo,

I did not want the Charger for free.Yes, it is on E-Bay. The Car will probally go for more than it is worth, this has been the trend with cars on E-Bay lately.

The market is soft now. In my opinion you could buy on eBay now and drive it for a few years then flip it for more. MOST cars are cheaper on eBay then I have seen for a while.....good luck trying to sell any car on eBay now and get more than it is worth....unless you overdiscribe it or hide things....I am talking honest deals. You can buy a 20K Charger that was like 30K a couple years ago.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

70charger_boy

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 31, 2007, 06:29:20 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 06:02:19 PM
Does anybody want to buy a 66 Tempest? 

what you bored with it already? :lol:

I decided to join the darkside and become a flipper

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 06:42:32 PM

You could probably sell it for more locally. You just bought it on ebay.....but it was in tenbuck2. If you do you need to eat that big ass picture of flipper  :lol:.......make mine medium
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

RD

there is nothing wrong with flipping a car.. geez.  welcome to the world of capitalism that has been in this country longer than you have been born.  that is the nature of the beast.

if you found a car for 500 dollars and could not restore it, but knew you could sell it for 5K... you would be a bold faced liar to say you would not do it.

hence, i refer to my above statement:

you all are just jealous you didnt get a chance to flip the car.  :nana: :D

seriously, i have flipped many cars after realizing that I was unable to do anything with them.  if the buyer feels that the purchase of the vehicle is a good deal, then who are you to criticize the purchase?

if you want to get technical, dealers "flip" cars all the time, that is how they make money.  The only dealer you guys bitch about is hlpag, but what about your local dodge dealership?  tell me they aint getting rich off of you?  ask andy74 if you think that is a lie.

nobody is getting cheated if they feel they bought/sold the car for the price they wanted.  if you are not the buyer or the seller in this instance... then why do you give a shit?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

70charger_boy

I don't mind flipping, but here is where the problem lies.  I was talking to this kid earlier today when I was working on my Tempest.  He asked me if I wanted to sell and I said no.  He asked me how much I payed and I told him the truth.  2,000 bucks.  He said I got a great deal and would pay me 4 grand.  It got me thinking and I told him I'll get back to him.

I've flipped cars plenty of times.  Usually, when I just give up on a project and would be happy with just breaking even.

The problem I have, is if someone comes to you.  They tell you some sob story about how they want a car for their kid or something then lowball you and they sell it the next day for double what they pay.  That takes balls and low morals.  You can call it capitalism or whatever you want.  You could put lipstick and a dress on it.  It still isn't pretty

RD

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 08:20:49 PM
I don't mind flipping, but here is where the problem lies.  I was talking to this kid earlier today when I was working on my Tempest.  He asked me if I wanted to sell and I said no.  He asked me how much I payed and I told him the truth.  2,000 bucks.  He said I got a great deal and would pay me 4 grand.  It got me thinking and I told him I'll get back to him.

I've flipped cars plenty of times.  Usually, when I just give up on a project and would be happy with just breaking even.

The problem I have, is if someone comes to you.  They tell you some sob story about how they want a car for their kid or something then lowball you and they sell it the next day for double what they pay.  That takes balls and low morals.  You can call it capitalism or whatever you want.  You could put lipstick and a dress on it.  It still isn't pretty

this thread is long and dead though... first, the original seller (originator of this thread) is not the "flipper" in question anymore.  secondly, we do not know how much this seller on ebay has bought the car for.  and lastly, the hood of the car is worth half the reserve price as of now.  this car is worth the money that anyone is willing to bid on it... I say we just let this dead dog lie... sound like a good idear?

70charger_boy

Quote from: RD on October 31, 2007, 08:38:04 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 08:20:49 PM

:cheers:

this thread is long and dead though... first, the original seller (originator of this thread) is not the "flipper" in question anymore.  secondly, we do not know how much this seller on ebay has bought the car for.  and lastly, the hood of the car is worth half the reserve price as of now.  this car is worth the money that anyone is willing to bid on it... I say we just let this dead dog lie... sound like a good idear?

RD

70charger_boy

RD

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 08:43:29 PM
How far are you from Witchita?

138 miles... was just down there last thurs and fri... why do you ask?

70charger_boy

Quote from: RD on October 31, 2007, 08:48:01 PM

I'm always flying into Witchita to the Cessna Service Center

RD

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 08:50:24 PM

let me know the next time you are down, i can meet up with you with a friend of mine who lives down there and we can go have a drink

70charger_boy

Quote from: RD on October 31, 2007, 08:52:35 PM

let me know the next time you are down, i can meet up with you with a friend of mine who lives down there and we can go have a drink

Ok, but I'll have a soda, 'cause I stopped drinking 3 years ago

RD

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 08:57:26 PM
Quote from: RD on October 31, 2007, 08:52:35 PM

Ok, but I'll have a soda, 'cause I stopped drinking 3 years ago

sounds good, you can be the DD! lol j/k, we could just go to a local single mother worshipping center and contribute to their local economy so that they may allow their children to grow up big and strong :D kidding

dinner is very viable *edit how long you usually stay for?*

70charger_boy

It depends.  Usually, I'm there for a couple of hours or a week.  It all depends

71_Charger_R/T

I agree!    I'm sorry I posted this link to the Ebay auction. It was not my intention to stir up a bee's hive, I was just letting it be known it was back on the market. I corresponded with Dewey before the car sold and expressed interest but was too late as he was bringing it up to the Mopar show that weekend ..... Long story short, He sold it to someone serious about buying  rather than wait for a lot of tire kickers to HMMM and HAW.  Dewey is not the flipper here! Who of us here when seeing a car like this rotting in someones yard would not want to see it put back on the street? If I had the opportunity to buy a car like that with the potential to make some cash that could go to my project I sure wouldn't let it sit there and rot! We all complain about the guy who hoards the old Mopar of our dreams but will never realistically ever do anything with it but let it turn into dirt( I'm Gonna fix that one of these days.). Dewey already has a couple of very nice Chargers and I'm sure he would have loved to hang on to another R/T but unless he's filthy rich (being realistic) I'm sure it would take a very long time before he could give it the attention it needs. All in all.. I'd rather be considered a flipper and put another Mopar muscle car back on the streets than to sit on a bunch of desirable cars and  watch them turn to dust, That's just plain STUPID!

moparstuart

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 31, 2007, 06:42:32 PM

that fine just keep it to flipping pontiac's not mopars
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70charger_boy

Anybody want to buy a '70 Charger?

I kid I kid