News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lookie what I found (Unmolested 71 R/T)!!!

Started by 72Rallye440, July 28, 2007, 11:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Rallye440

I must be raising my 13 year old son right. He was working with my Dad today and spotted this 71 Charger R/T!! My dad stopped and asked the guy about the car and HE WANTS TO SELL!! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I just got back from talking to him and we worked out a price so hopefully I'll pick it up next week.

The highs:
Great options, Ram Charger hood, concealed headlights w/ wipers, non air 440 (numbers matching but not in the car), auto on the floor with tach in the dash.

The Lows:
RUST all over. Hood is rusting through on the front, floors, bottom edge of doors, etc.

After I buy the car I will decide what to do with it and keep all of you posted.

PocketThunder

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BMOTOXSTAR

Nice score. :cheers:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Harlow

Awesome color combo. If you feel like telling...what did you pay?

69bronzeT5

Can I use those pics for my site??  :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikesbbody

what a find! keep us updated more pics!!!  :2thumbs:

Hemidog

Nice find, buy your son an ice cream!

70charger_boy

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on July 28, 2007, 11:07:45 PM
Nice score. :cheers:

nice score and holy crap that is alot of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

400/6/PAC

Fitz73Chrgr

Great find!  Glad you're buying it, something like that doesn't come along every day!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

TruckDriver

Quote from: 72Rallye440 on July 28, 2007, 11:04:53 PM
The Lows:
After I buy the car I will decide what to do with it and keep all of you posted.

Sell it to me :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: I'd figure a way to fix it up.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

72Rallye440

Thanks for all the great comments. I've never found a more complete car let alone an R/T Charger! As most of you know I have a 72 Rallye and a 71 R/T thats a week away from taking a trip to the body shop. It funny that something like this comes along after I've spent 2 years collecting almost impossible to find parts for my own R/T (doors, louvered hood, etc). I will be honest and say that this car couldn't have came at a better time. I need the extra money for the R/T's body work so I won't be keeping the car.

If someone on the board is sincerely interested in the car I'll be interested in talking to you. Please keep in mind that it's an 71 R/T and the guy isn't giving it away. He's aware of what he has but I still consider the price fair (less than $10,000 and more than $8,000). The car has a lot of unfortunate rust and will require a lot of work but it is complete. The air box is under the Ram Charger hood but the hood is rusty on the under side. Its doesn't appear to have ever been taken apart so there is a good chance that the build sheet is present.

By the way, the car has a complete 440 in it but not numbers matching. The seller told me he has the original motor (#'s matching and tranny) is in his basement.

Thanks,
     Dewey

Nacho-RT74

The highs:
Great options, Ram Charger hood, concealed headlights w/ wipers

both great and wipers headlights REALLY WEIRD
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

72Rallye440

Nacho,
Get this, non air with automatic on the floor (colsole) w/ factory tach in the dash. I wonder if the tach came with the non air option?

Nacho-RT74

I don't think there is some relationship on that but I also have noticed mostly Big Performance optioned cars were without A/C. Never will understand that. IMHO comfortably and performance are able to be together. Also safety.

I have known buyers that bough cars to "race" on those years didn't care about A/C... stupid if you ask me since you can use and still race on street

Why not A/C on Hemis for example ?... or why A/C is rarelly seen on 4 speeds cars ? stupid stuff!!!

of course that's just me
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

66mopar

Looks like a good project car but I'm not to sure you got much a deal.

71_Charger_R/T

CONGRAT'S on a Major League find!  :cheers: I'd be very interested in the specifics,  I probably can't afford it but my sister-in-law is looking for a nice '71 project car for me to restore for her. This would be a great candidate! Oh, BTW Nacho was wondering why no A/C on Hemi's and alot of high performance Mopars. It's because of the air cleaner conflicting with the A/C pump. The Hemi, the 6 pack and all fresh air hooded cars will have the big air cleaner. This R/T wouldn't have the N96 hood if it had A/C. My '71 is an A/C car so it has the louvered hood option instead of the Ram Charger hood. I'm pretty sure mine would have had an N96 hood with all the many options it has if it weren't for the A/C.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on July 29, 2007, 03:23:13 PM
Oh, BTW Nacho was wondering why no A/C on Hemi's and alot of high performance Mopars. It's because of the air cleaner conflicting with the A/C pump. The Hemi, the 6 pack and all fresh air hooded cars will have the big air cleaner. This R/T wouldn't have the N96 hood if it had A/C. My '71 is an A/C car so it has the louvered hood option instead of the Ram Charger hood. I'm pretty sure mine would have had an N96 hood with all the many options it has if it weren't for the A/C.

You know what ? I thought on that but I think allways any kind of parts can be made to any kind of  set up :P. Well, the fact is they weren't made :(

Daytona R/T SE

What part of the planet is this thing on?  State? Country?

If it's not on the other side of East Bejesus, Nowhere I might be interested...

Troy

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 29, 2007, 03:57:47 PM

What part of the planet is this thing on?  State? Country?

If it's not on the other side of East Bejesus, Nowhere I might be interested...
Cincinnati. My guess of course but he lives very close to me.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

72Rallye440

Troy is correct, the car is about 1 outside of Cincinnati.

Daytona RT/ SE, if you want to talk I'll PM you my phone number.

66 Mopar, Not sure I agree with you. Even if I decided to part the car, look at the parts involved: R/T doors, Ram Charger hood, R/T tail lights, rear valance w/ factory cut outs, 2- 440's, front disk brakes, etc. Not to say I would because the car WILL NOT BE PARTED OUT but, that was how I looked at it when deciding if it was worth the $$. You just don't see that complete of an old muscle car especially a 71 R/T. I may be wrong for buying it lord knows I've been wrong before!

66mopar

I agree it's a neat car but at over $8,000.00 just seems real high to me. I know how much it costs to restore one. I do wish you luck.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

hemi68charger

Nice Score !!!!  There are days when I wish I had my former '71 "Whitey" back...... The concealed headlamps with the headlamp washer is pretty rare.. It is a cool option. Had them on my old '71...  It's even cooler it's a N96 car.... B5 exterior color adds to the impact..... nice find and good luck on getting her to a new home and restored.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection