News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Conversation at work got me thinking...

Started by Khyron, September 21, 2005, 08:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

What whould you trade your Charger for?

I mean, pick a car, that you would trade even with if you had the chance.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

I don't think anybody would trade me even up for a real hemi wing car...  so  the answer is nuthin.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

plum500

Nope. No point in having it unless it's what you want!

Blown70

I speak from experience.  I sold mine.    NEVER WOULD I DO THAT AGAIN........I ever have the funds to buy it back which I will someday..... if the owner would sell it, I will have it back.....

:brickwall: :rant:

Khyron

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 21, 2005, 08:53:03 AM
I don't think anybody would trade me even up for a real hemi wing car...   so   the answer is nuthin.

no , the game is this...

if someone came up to you... value of it be damned, and said i'll trade you straight up. What is the only car you would trade your charger for.

my Answer.... I am still working on.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

plum500

Ah. Gotcha. Ford GT....or wait, that GR1 concept...

Then, I'd operate GR1 Cab until I had enough money buy my '71 back! :D

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Khyron

I'm thinking Christine...

1958 Plymouth Fury. I've always had a thing for that car..... "don't know why I love you...love you like I do" ;)

I get a warm fuzzy when I see that car.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

I'd trade for a number of cars.  I like this one but I'd cut it loose for quite a variety of things.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on September 21, 2005, 09:11:33 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 21, 2005, 08:53:03 AM
I don't think anybody would trade me even up for a real hemi wing car...  so  the answer is nuthin.

no , the game is this...

if someone came up to you... value of it be damned, and said i'll trade you straight up. What is the only car you would trade your charger for.

my Answer.... I am still working on.

How does such an idiot that would trade me even up for a real hemi wing car get so much money to have a real hemi wing car in the 1st place anyhow is my question?
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

70charginglizard

Id trade the lizard for a workable solid real 68-70 r/t car. If it was decent enough.
70charginglizard

Khyron

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 21, 2005, 10:34:48 AM
How does such an idiot that would trade me even up for a real hemi wing car get so much money to have a real hemi wing car in the 1st place anyhow is my question?

stop thinking damnit :P :P :P

maybe he's bored with the wing car and just wants to bust a nut on yours? I don't know, play along :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_Fan

I'd gladly trade for a finished version of my car. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Crazy440

A 63 Polara with a Ray Barton 525ci blown Hemi, with EFI. Backed by a built 727 and Gear Vender's overdrive, and a Pro Dana 60.   Of coarse it would have to be black.
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

Mefirst

1970 Plymouth GTX with a 4-speed and a 440 Six-Pack.. The car also has to be black..

/Tom

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

SLIKK 70

Any year Charger R/T car (except 06) that is as good as condition as my Charger 500. :icon_smile_big:

SuBLimE 69

Wing car clone or a late 90's Viper GTS Coupe.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

NYCMille

Alright - here ya go

- 1970 Lamborghini Miura
- 2005 Ford GT
- 1969 Dodge Daytona or Clone done with same mods I have on my car now
- 1972 Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder
- 2005 Ferrari 575
- 1955 Mercedes 300sl gullwing... oh momma!

dd44068

If I where to trade my 1 owner #s matching r/t which I never see happening, It would have to be for the same car with a/c.

ChargerSG

I wouldent trade my Charger for anything since its in such good condtion, but if someone with a black 426 4spd 69 Charger wanted to trade i would be tempted;)
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Lowprofile

I think I could live with either one of these as a trade...... :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

These kinds of threads always baffle me. ??? If the Charger isn't your dream car than get off your rear end, sell your Charger, get to work and go buy your dream car. Then join the Ford GT board or the Fury board or whatever. The only way I would trade my Charger for anything is if I had the chance to sell whatever I was getting and buy two or three Chargers with the proceeds. The '68 Charger is the best looking car ever made.

cudaken

Stock Big block Charger. Mine is getting the better of me. ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

mustanghater

if I had a charger I'd trade it for an Enzo Ferrari. Then I'd sell it for a million and buy a big house then buy a bunch of chargers.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

SirNik73

my friend was selling my car befoer he died. and then i bought it of his parents. and the money i bought it with came from my inharitance from my grandma and grandpa who passed away with in a week of each other... my car inbodies memorys of my best friend and my grand parents. so the only things i'd trade my car for is to get my friend and my family back...  :'( so my charger an't going NO WHERE!

even if there was another charger or somethign worth more i couldn't do it... now i have a Mercedes and a Toyota up for trade  ;)
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

CB

Quote from: bull on September 21, 2005, 05:04:50 PM
These kinds of threads always baffle me. ??? If the Charger isn't your dream car than get off your rear end, sell your Charger, get to work and go buy your dream car. Then join the Ford GT board or the Fury board or whatever. The only way I would trade my Charger for anything is if I had the chance to sell whatever I was getting and buy two or three Chargers with the proceeds. The '68 Charger is the best looking car ever made.

Some have them both...
I am working on it to get a nice 'Cuda.

Hopefully I can find one cheap.

Ok, that's an utopia.  :P
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

It would be pretty darn difficult for me to trade mine for anything,..
   I think it's especially hard if you've built your car up from a trashed hulk like mine was when I found her... Such work and memories cannot be simply traded away, I'm like Arnie in the movie Christine,..
Don't be messin with my car son or were gonna rumble...  :flame:
Perhaps if you offered me a perfect, numbers matching, four speed, HEMI DAYTONA or Similarly equiped '69 GTX Convert. either one triple black I could be swayed,. I'd still have to think about it though...

:-\

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Khyron on September 21, 2005, 10:04:40 AM
I'm thinking Christine...

1958 Plymouth Fury. I've always had a thing for that car..... "don't know why I love you...love you like I do" ;)

I get a warm fuzzy when I see that car.

I currently have a b/w Chrsitine photo in my pc wallpaper at work...................coooooooooolllllllll. :devil:..........still can't get the Charger to 'heal' itself though. Might need human sacrifice or sumthing, cause just blood ain't workin..........I know! :-\

Back to the topic...........

Trade for any car?...................'69 Daytona, triple black, hemi 4-speed car................... :icon_smile_tongue:

BBD

ChargerRob

I'd trade it for a Red 1969 Dodge Charger R/T with working A/C.  Oh! wait a minute, I already have it. Sorry, I wouldn't trade it for anything. :devil:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

694spdRT

Easy one for me.

I would trade it for an original '71 Hemi cuda convertible.....give someone a deal and sell it for the 4.1 million the other guy turned down.....immediately retire.....then hopefully find another Charger R/T just like mine to enjoy during retirement.  :)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Samson

I currently have a b/w Chrsitine photo in my pc wallpaper at work...................coooooooooolllllllll. :devil:..........still can't get the Charger to 'heal' itself though. Might need human sacrifice or sumthing, cause just blood ain't workin..........I know! :-\

Don't give up now...
  I hear Mustang Hater wants to help 'ya git that car...

PocketThunder

Nothin....  i've already got my dream car.

buttttttttt,
i'd like to add a 1931 Plymouth PA coupe to the stable..  gotta love the oval back windows......

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

CB

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 21, 2005, 10:32:59 PM
...  gotta love the oval back windows......

looks like a toilet seat

J/K , couldn't resist  ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Khyron

Quote from: bull on September 21, 2005, 05:04:50 PM

I understand what you’re saying, but it's hard to come up with ideas of things to talk about ;)

Yes, my Charger is my dream car. Yes, it would be very VERY hard for me to even think of selling / trading / getting rid of this car.

But I wanted to test the "Everything has its price" theory. Also, sometimes people have more then one Dream car. I'm just curious on what it is.

For me, I’ve always wanted this car. It’s the right year, the right make, and the right model. But, I’ve always pined for that 58 Fury as well. One is muscle; one is just a cruiser, but both Bad ass :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mopar wise it would be either a 70 GTX or a 69 Charger 500

Import would be my all time favorite car ....... an '84 Lamborghini Countach 5000S    :drool5:

In either White or Black

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RD

I would love to have a 71 Hemi Superbee with both front and rear wings, a N96 hood, rear defrost, tach, am/fm stereo, 4 spd, power windows, front and rear anti-sway bar, 15" steelies, no vinyl top, medium gold (know it wasnt an option, but this is pretend right?), white interior, and get as many SE options available, double fender tag.   That is not asking alot is it? :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

MoparYoungGun

1964 Dodge Polara 500, stroked 440, 727 with a Gear Vendors, Dana 60 with a 4.10 sure grip, :drool5: !

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

WINGMAN

Well if someone was dumb enough to trade his real hemi daytona for my unrestord daytona i will. :)
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,