News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 out of a camper

Started by JT01, November 24, 2007, 01:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT01

I called about a add that read 440 with trans for $600 The guy said they were out of a late 70s camper and he thought the trans was a 727. Im looking for both for my 69 Charger but Im not sure since this is out of a camper if its something that I want or if he is even right about it being a 440 I told him I might call him back. What do you guys think is this somthing I should look at or should I stick with finding a older 440 and 727 Thanks for any input

mally69

what are your plans for the 440

JT01

No matter what 440 I get Im going to have it redone and built to be pretty mean.

mally69

well that willl have a cast crank and the heads arent going to be the greatest thing..If your going to build a stroker out of it then you wont be using the cast crank anyhow and you probably wont use the stock heads either..

when you say mean, how mean  :shruggy:   

terrible one

I was told that transmissions out of campers/motor homes will do poorly in the Charger.

This may help you, from when I was going to buy a similar combo (passed):

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30299.0.html