News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my car for a duster...

Started by sandmbmx88, September 18, 2005, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AllBlueRT on September 20, 2005, 04:19:25 PM
Quote from: Stratocharger on September 20, 2005, 11:35:41 AM
Didn't someone,.. who's name I can't remember,.. on the old board do approximatly the same thing, trading a pristine black '68 for a race ready Demon or Duster which wasn't really streetable and then a year later come back regretting the decision?...
Stored his cars inna hanger, is he here on the new site?..   :P
I'd keep the charger and await more funds for another car,..   :yesnod:

Utah I thought.   I thought his user name was blackcharger something.   I remember that dude, he was around from the beginning of the board I tink.

Yeah, he's from Utah. Black Knight was his user name.
He bought purple a 71(?) GTX a couple years ago, then if I recall, sold that & snagged another project Charger shortly before the old board's demise...seems he couldn't get the Charger out of his system. :icon_smile_big:
He doesn't seem to have made it here yet.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cudaken

Dax, Black Knight sold his Charger because he was worried about his job. Tried to talk him out of it till he lost his job, he never did so he bought the Runner.

Guess i shoukd call him, been a while.

Cuda Ken                 
I am back

sandmbmx88

well im not looking to get rich. I just want to race street events :icon_smile_big:

wetfeetmi

I know I will catch a butt load of crap for this, but I would rather have a nice good running Duster,Demon, or Dart Sport than a '73 Charger. I had a '70 340 Duster for a while last year (Petty blue automatic) and really enjoyed it. Some-one made me an offer I couldn't refuse and regrettfully let it go. It ran great, and got almost 20 mpg if I didn't hot rod it around.

Brock Samson

"Black Knight" Is correct, I thought he got a drag ready Demon?... he had some interesting info as i recall about storage in a plane hanger,..

I gotta say though a '73 ain't got the same appeal (for me) as 2nd gen. and i might trade for a demon/duster or a-bod...  :yesnod:

sandmbmx88

thats what im thinking....I like the car alot but mostly because it was my first car.  Its pretty solid and its not original at all but i had fun with it.

derailed

I say do whatever yo heart tells you. I think the Demons and early Dusters are just as nice looking as the 3rd gen chargers and can still be bought cheap. Another thing is that they are common cars people use for drag racing and if you look around a bit you might be able to find one somone has already built or started and needs some quick cash for some reason or another and save a boatload of money. Heres one by me i was kicking around looking at for a descent price.

1972 Plymouth Duster 340, runs/drives, was in storage, very solid, no rust through, $3800   Fort Plain, NY    (315) 823-3182 

Ghoste

An A-body of any kind is the one Mopar I have never owned and I used to have a jones for a 340 Duster in the worst way.   I came close to buying one a number of times and then just never quite put the deal together.   Now, they don't do much for me at all.   More accurately, I should say I don't have thatmuch desire to won one.   I still think they are great cars but I'd take the 3rd gen Charger first.