News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why all the General Lees in Burbank?

Started by bull, July 24, 2007, 11:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

"Smith Brothers Restorations" and "ScotleaIdolRods" are the yin & yang of GL builders right now.
They both build great driveable LEEs, and from 15 feet away they both look more accurate to the TV-series than any of the GL toys & merchandise you'll find.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Smiths really build deal-nuts accurate clones of the TV cars.  They're good friends with the original mechanics from the Dukes TV series, and it shows.  Their GLs show a lot of the weird quirks of the TV cars that nobody else would even be aware of.  The fit & finish isn't raggedy and they're more suited to street-driving than the TV cars, but they look & feel very accurate in just about every other way.

Scotlea Idol Rods does GLs that are slightly more like what a car-shop would build rather than a movie-prop shop.  They're still basically building big orange '69 General Lees, but the details are a little more geared at just being nice & fun & usable cruisers.  (Better radiators than stock Chargers, more dressed-up engine bays, modern white-faced guages, etc.)  They usually do their LEEs a little more featured-up & polished than the real ones from TV ever were. 

zerfetzen

Thanks guys, these recommendations look great.  Now to just get the money  :brickwall:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

bmoparmofo

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on July 31, 2007, 03:43:16 PM
Wa. State Patrol, FBI and Illinois AG are investigating them.
can you post any pics of it or mention it on here? :popcrn:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Obi-Wan

Quote from: zerfetzen on August 02, 2007, 07:06:27 AM
Thanks guys, these recommendations look great.  Now to just get the money  :brickwall:

you can get car loans for muscle cars from capitol one.  If you email Patrick (scotlea) he can send you a link to where some customers of his got financing.  I was approved with a pretty decent rate for 35k.  No, i dont plan on getting a loan for a car like that, my soon-to-be general will feel complete when i can say i built it.  but if you are in the market, and have the money to spend,,,,,,go for it!  just stay away from Villa Lake.  I dont think they can flip shoddy General Lee's while sitting in Joliet :coolgleamA: :Twocents:

jmeekins33

Great,  it looks like only a couple people bought all the movie General Lees.  In stead of being in the hands of real Dukes fans they are no doubt going to be turned into cash cows.  I wish they would have made the auctions more visible to give other people a chance.  I'm gettying sick of businessmen monopolizing the hobby.

-Jason M