News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why all the General Lees in Burbank?

Started by bull, July 24, 2007, 11:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Well HLPAG and deception pretty much go hand in hand don't they?

69charger2002

mike DC is exactly right. poor generals had to be modified and redone JUST to be screen used junk general lees. that's how sick they were lol
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

GeneralLeeTESH

Mine is an '05 Movie GL HLPAG car. I am STILL fixing it after all its "movie-abuse".
Since it was used, its got 2 new rear qtr-panel skins, rebuilt front end, 4 wheel DB system. My car was originally a 4 speed 440 car. HLPAG cut the tunnel shifter skin out of it before they sold it to me. Structurally-it's all restorable, but been A LOT of work and expense. (I bought it 1 day before Tony Silva warned me on a PM NOT to deal with them. By then-it was too late.)
Well-here are pics showing WHAT I got.
Trying tomake an Apple Pie outta Bad Apples since.
Yee Haw...Huh ?
-Tesh
:rotz:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

more of "When it arrived in Aug'06..."
The TESH

Brock Samson

:eek2: and was it dropped off in the dead of night...  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

GeneralLeeTESH

Brock-check yer PM message right now, then CALL me !
-GLtesh
The TESH

Obi-Wan

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on July 26, 2007, 10:17:24 AM
Mine is an '05 Movie GL HLPAG car. I am STILL fixing it after all its "movie-abuse".
HLPAG cut the tunnel shifter skin out of it before they sold it to me.
-Tesh
:rotz:

So then its a replica bud. There is nothing real about that car other than its a real Charger.  They had NOTHING to do with the movie other than selling WB a few chargers, and like mentioned earlier, were NOT used in the condition they were bought in. And there is no truth to HL selling wb the cars, to in return get some back after filming,,,,no way.
they are a bunch of liars.  for example....their supposed "REAL SERIES GL" that is for sale and getting rebiuit..........they brag about the thing all over the place that it is 100% real and screen used from the series.  Wrong.  that car was a "General Lee Enterprises" car..that toured with World of Wheels in the 80's.  They were slammed together orange chargers with mediocre "uniforms" painted on, and were NEVER used on the series or screen in any way, shape, or form.  So...this "GLE" car was sold to Hardcore Racing.  This car is the one that was jumped last year in Michigan.  JUMPED.......TOTALLED.  so, HL buys the car, strips it down and pretty much makes a new car...sells it for 6 figures as a "authentic series WB GL"
the car itself was nice to begin with, legit RT 440 4spd with a dana 60.

my point of all this.  you CANNOT, i repeat, CANNOT, trust a word out of HL's dirty lying mouths.

GeneralLeeTESH

I agree. Call me. I'll PM you my home #.
-Thanks
-Mark
The TESH

Mike DC

What was up with the front fenders/wheelwells? 

tan top

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 27, 2007, 02:05:12 AM

What was up with the front fenders/wheelwells? 

:scratchchin: i think they started to modify  the fenders like that  to stop it tearing up  the tire , after a small jump , so the car was still controlable , could be thinking of something else though........ :-\           :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Obi-Wan

well, i think the fenders were cut to be able to make ramp clearance for the pile of corruption HLPAG jump over on a daily basis :icon_smile_cool:

GeneralLeeTESH

Well boyz-all I can admit is- I got Fu^&%d by them.BUT...They  did WRONG...watch the newspapers in the next 6 months.
In the mean time- I have been making my own lemonade outta this bad lemon, and will end up with what I want out of an old HOT-ROD anyhow.
-Call me anytime  253-770-8242. I'll fill you in on the story !
The TESH

bull

70charger_boy

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 26, 2007, 10:39:53 AM
:eek2: and was it dropped off in the dead of night...  :shruggy:

Holy Schnikes, I guess you guys weren't kidding when you said hfag's drop off their cars at night

Anywho, look at what I found on ebay.  I wonder if this was from one of the vinless generals
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/General-Lee-Roof-1969-1968_W0QQitemZ290144082067QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6199QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

GeneralLeeTESH

Wa. State Patrol, FBI and Illinois AG are investigating them.
The TESH

7chargers

I know this posting is about the General Lee's in Burbank, but for those of you who have never had the pleasure to visit HILPAG in ILL would laugh at the GL's that are sitting on the lot. Took a trip down to thier shop when looking to buy a charger and at that time not knowing the 2nd generation chargers inside and out like most of you, the shotty work that they due stod out like a sore thumb. The biggest was the thick undercoating on the underside and in the inside to hide and cover up the rusty crappy patch work on the floors. And of couse for 25K the great black overspray on the orange paint! And the sign they had residing on the outside of there building "Supplier of Cars for the Dukes of Hazzard Movie"  I feel bad for the chargers that end up in thier lot! :rotz:

GeneralLeeTESH

That ain't the half of it !
CALL ME @ 253-770-8242. I'll "share" with you...WHAT's going to happen with them !
:angel:
The TESH

Mike DC

As for the roof skin, it might well be legit. 

But beware of ANY new props from the 2005 GLs as a rule.  The old GLs were a lot more handmade, and the methods/paint shades/quirks are a lot less known.  Not so for the new movie.  The new GLs were just AMC orange paint and Phoenix Graphics GL decals.

Ghoste

I hope you're right Tesh and somebody finally puts a stop to those crooks but Hans has been pretty good so far at dodging any actual charges.

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

zerfetzen

Good thing I saw this, I've switched lately from Cuda's to Chargers, and was really thinking about HLPAQ's General Lee's.  It just seemed enticing because the ones up now are 4-speeds, they have financing, and national shipping.  But if they're held together with rust and bondo, no thanks, I'd rather get a project and build it up myself.

As a newbie here, is there any place else besides HLPAQ that specializes in GL's...and I guess unlike the first post here, actually sells them to the public?  Thanks.
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

bull

Quote from: zerfetzen on August 01, 2007, 08:50:57 PM
Good thing I saw this, I've switched lately from Cuda's to Chargers, and was really thinking about HLPAQ's General Lee's.  It just seemed enticing because the ones up now are 4-speeds, they have financing, and national shipping.  But if they're held together with rust and bondo, no thanks, I'd rather get a project and build it up myself.

As a newbie here, is there any place else besides HLPAQ that specializes in GL's...and I guess unlike the first post here, actually sells them to the public?  Thanks.

There are some other places that are reputible for sure. The first one that comes to my mind is Smith Bros. in Wash state.