News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So which disc brake kit uses the fewest General Motors parts?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, July 24, 2007, 10:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I keep looking at all of these after market brake kit ads that use GM rotors,calipers,master cylinders,etc. Are there any kits that don't use GM parts?   I don't mean the Mopar action disco-tech swap either.... ::)

Ghoste

John_Kunkel

Lots of disc brake kits don't use GM parts. If you go with Wilwood or the like, nothing is from Detroit.

If you want to keep it Mopar look at the Viper conversion from MagnumHP:

http://www.magnumhp.com/brakes.php
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

Well I take it back then.  I thought the GM master cylinder was almost a standard piece with every kit out there.  :shruggy:

Mike DC

I care a lot less about whether it's technically GM-based than whether it's just made of readily-available common pieces and it works.
Not all GM stuff is shiite, and not all Mopar stuff is decent & available.

It seems like nothing is really made by a car's brand-name company these days anyway. 
Just about any mechanical part smaller than an engine/tranny is being made by a subcontracted supplier.  Pick your poison.

deputycrawford

I would also like to add that GM might not make the master cylinder either. GM uses many outside sources to make parts for their cars so they don't have to use their own resouces for the small things. Just my  :Twocents:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

dkn1997

scarebird was working on an adapter that would use a mopar caliper.  I think I read that in a thread he put up a while back on moparchat.
RECHRGED

John_Kunkel

In many cases, like the 2.95" single piston caliper conversions, the calipers were used on both GM and Dodge trucks.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

gtx6970

I'm putting a Right Stuff conversion on a 1969 B-body  this week, and talking to the salesman , he says it's all based on 1973 A-body parts, master cylinder and all I post some pics later this week.

Daytona R/T SE