News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Still looking for a hub...

Started by 69XP383, July 21, 2007, 02:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69XP383

I am having absolutely zero, zilch, nada, no luck what-soever finding some p.o.s. simple front hub for my 69 with 10" drums. All I need is the friggin hub! Not the drum, I can find those everywhere, new and used. I need the 5 bolt hub. The one I have has been smacked to oblivion by someone and I can't do $2,000 for a front disc conversion kit.

I am in the Detroit area right now recovering from surgery and I have access to and I have called what seems like 10 thousand salvage yards, and they think you are crazy when you ask for a part that old...what, doesn't anyone own an American car anymore, yet alone a classic one one with a V-8. One place actually told me "Well, I just sell car parts here."  HELLO YOU IDIOT DEE-DEE-DEE!!!

I did find a NOS drum/hub for sale (won't say where just in case anyone else is looking for one...sorry) but they want $170 for the dam thing. Then I'll need the bearings...

Any help where to find this crappy $20 used hub? I'll take the whole drum assembly at this point, but I would think someone would have this God-forsaken part. Seems like it was made to fit 62-64 intermediates, 65-70 Coronet, Satellite, Charger, Road Runner, GTX, and 70 E body cudas and Challengers...

HELP, HELP, HELP...I MAY RESORT TO HAVING TO BLOW THIS PROJECT UP WITH C-4...... :flame: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :pullinghair: :fireangry:

resq302

A six bolt hub?  I thought they all had 5 bolts that attached the rim? :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69XP383

OOOps...yeah, a 5 bolt hub...don't know what I was thinking....

Now I'm wondering if I can just order some aftermarket hub that would be used for a disk brake application for that year (69). Do they even make one, or is it the same one I am already looking for?

Brian

Chatt69chgr

I guess I am surprised that you can't find this.  I would have thought that 10 inch drums would be real common on the front of these cars.  Isn't that what you got with a 318 if you didn't specially order power disc brakes.  I guess just power drum brakes were available too.  Not sure if they used the same drum/hub as the non-power drum application.

Surely someone that reads this forum will have one of these hubs.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69XP383

It,s the inner portion of the drum that is pressed into stock drums. It has the five holes that the studs fit through to secure the tire/rim and is held on the spindle by the large locknut/pin combo. I've even resorted to going to other forums and posting the same message...half of them get all mad because you post it in the wrong section, then, instead of moving it to the appropriate section, they lock it so no-one can answer...idiots.

I suppose that when it comes time, I'm just gonna have to either get rid of this headache or somehow manage to make $1,000 appear out of thin air for a disc conversion kit.

resq302

I have a set of front brake assemblies home.  I don't know if they are 11 or 10" sets but I can check for you if you'd like.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Nacho-RT74

Oh ok... front drums... never have seen personally those so I didn't know
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Lurker

dam, i just ordered an alter-k from RMS and my whole front suspension is sitting in the corner of the shop, but it would be cheaper for you to buy the $170 one than ship one from here.
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

resq302

Brian,

sent you a PM with good news from my parts at my parents house. :2thumbs:
Brian

Carl1

If you found a NOS hub/drum why wouldn't you share that info to help out someone who needs one?

69XP383

I was just waiting for a response from another member or two; it was/still is on e-bay; no bids; not sure why, I can only guess everyone else has better contacts than I do...

Looks like the part is in mint shape without rust...under e-bay search type MOPAR hub. I tried attaching it the web page, but it was a bit long.