News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You or anyone in your family have a chance to be Rich$ ??

Started by 69bananabeast, September 20, 2005, 09:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

Took this from the dream car with that 10 mill car.  Sorry I know its wrong section. My grand parents did  .  A long time ago my mom's parents had a chance to be a 1% owner in the Mcdonalds co.   Sadly they turned in down since they thought " Who needs another burger joint"  :rotz:  .    Once in a blue moon I think about what could have been  say a full collection of mopars. You win some you lose some. Maybe i've had a better life this way earning every penny. 

Any one else had a chance?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

moparguy01

i found a old stock certificate for 3/4 the entire amount of shares of a company called Gilette in my great grandfathers belongings. Unfortunately, it wasnt the gilette i thought it was. and the company had gone under.

that being said, i wouldnt mind having money, but i sure dont want to be rich.

Charger_Fan

I haven't had a chance to be rich, but I had a chance to buy a real Daytona once. :-[

I agree with Moparguy, I wouldn't want to be filthy rich, but I'd sure like to be 10 times more well off than I currently am right now.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparguy01

what i meant by what i said is basically that everybody "Rich" i have ever met have been stuck up snobbish people who think they are better than me. On the other hand however, are people with "money" now if you just looked at dollar amounts they are equal to the rich, but they dont feel they are any better than anybody else. they treat people with respect. and they arent stuck up.

That is what i meant by having money, but not being rich.

69bananabeast

yeah I know what you mean .  I've grown up in an upper middle class family and tend to be snobbish occasionally . Don't really mean to be that way but just kind of happens .  I would really notice it that much if my best friends weren't from upper low class families.  money would be nice but I'm going into autobody and would rather work with my hands than have a nice cushy job that pays well. Im just kind of rambling here but it just feels so much better to earn it rather than having it handed to you.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Drache

My grandparents had a chance to buy stock in silcon chips that are used in computers for 5 cents. They didn't know what silcon chips were so they didn't buy stock... now a 5 cent stock would be worth thousands maybe millions!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

JimShine

My grandmother was a multi-millionaire. When she passed, she left her fortune to her daughters, who were self-made millionaires. In her opinion they knew how to manage money, so she gave them the bulk. Not sure what my dad got, he wont tell me. I am assuming maybe $250-300K.  Each of us grand kids was left $40K. Not sure what my aunts are worth. It is something we really do not talk about, but I have heard that one has around 25 million and the other has around 6 after the inheritance. One things for sure, I will never see a penny of it.

694spdRT

As far as someone missing out on the pot of gold...no. I am always looking for ways and working on a few....no results yet. :ahum:

I have watched property values quadruple in the last 3 years when I knew I should have bought....trying to get into that part of that market now. Then there is always that lovely stock market if you know how to work it.....
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

CB

I do believe I became a little closer to be rich when I found my current job.
The job will allow me to do everything a want to to but no, I can't afford a huge house with a big shop packed with a couple of hemi Chargers and RRs.

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoparYoungGun

Nope, I've never had a chance to be rich although back in the 80's my Uncle did have a chance to buy a mint '69 500. He didn't know what it was at the time, he actually thought they took a 69 and put some hack job of a grille on it. He's kicking himself now.

Shakey

NYCMille

nh_mopar_fan

Supposedly a true story:

Irving woke up one morning and said "Please God, let me win the lottery..."

Nothing.

Irving woke up the next morning and prayed "Please God, let me win the lottery..."

Nothing.

Irving woke up the 3rd day and pleaded "Please God, let me win the lottery...."

Nothing.

Irving woke up the 4th day and begged "Please God, let me win the lottery..."

Nothing

Irving woke up the 5th day and whined "Please God, let me win the lottery...."

The house shook and a big booming voice came out of the sky and said:

"Meet me halfway, buy a ticket."

73dodge

Quote from: Shakey on September 21, 2005, 06:40:08 AM
Can someone please define "rich"?

Anyone that has more money than you do.

The democratrs define "rich" as anyone with a job.................
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on September 21, 2005, 07:47:24 AM

The house shook and a big booming voice came out of the sky and said:

"Meet me halfway, buy a ticket."
:haha:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Vainglory, Esq.

Another true story:

Irving spent several hours every day praying for a million dollars.   "Please give me a million dollars, please give me a million dollars, please give me a million dollars..."   God finally got so exasperated, he looked down and yelled to Irving: "I don't work that way!"   Excited, Irving got to his feet and ran out of the house laughing.   Later that night, God heard Irving's voice: "I robbed a bank.   Please forgive me, please forgive me, please forgive me, please forgive me..."

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

andy74

i won 600 buks on the quickdram lotto last year-i felt rich for about a half hour :cheers:,but i know some people who are filthy rich,and they are miserable,just not miserable and broke like me

ck1

My mom swears that my grandmother had a Stradivarius's that burnt up in a house fire my mom grew up in on our tree farm back in the 50's, I bet that was worth allot of money :violin:
CJK

Old Moparz

Not in my family. I ruined the odds by winning a door prize once at a winter meet for a car club back in the early 1980's. It was a poster of Miss Direct Connection for that year.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Drop Top

Remember Wax Shop Products? The guy that invented it used to remodel homes. My Dad had hired him for a job. He offered 1/3 of the business to my Dad if he could barrow $2000 to get it started. My Dad gave him the $2000 and said no thanks. Just use it and good luck. Turtle Wax eventually bought out Wax Shop for 4.6 Mill. some years latter.

Stormhammer

Quote from: ck1 on September 23, 2005, 03:28:04 PM
My mom swears that my grandmother had a Stradivarius's that burnt up in a house fire my mom grew up in on our tree farm back in the 50's, I bet that was worth allot of money :violin:

yea about a couple hundred grand  :o  :o  :o