News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Military firearms

Started by AKcharger, July 22, 2007, 05:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

It was a rainy weekend here in Alaska and I did my semi-annual weapons cleaning, I was a was a collector until I rediscovered mopars, then all my $$ went to cars  :yesnod:

For those curious, from left to right : M-1 Carbine, AR-15, L1A1 (British version of the FN-FAL) M-14, M-1 Garand and M1917 Enfield...all ideal for home defense or zombie outbreak.

Charger1973

Id like to have a 240-B...   :D  Those were always my favorite.  But i'd settle for an AR-15

Plumcrazy

Quote from: AKcharger on July 22, 2007, 05:54:45 PM
It was a rainy weekend here in Alaska and I did my semi-annual weapons cleaning, I was a was a collector until I rediscovered mopars, then all my $$ went to cars  :yesnod:

all ideal for home defense or zombie outbreak.

I just hate those zombie outbreaks.  :eek2:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Drache

someone say zombies?  :rofl:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

AKcharger

Quote from: Plumcrazy on July 22, 2007, 07:29:04 PM

I just hate those zombie outbreaks.  :eek2:
Zombie attacks happen more often than you'd think!

Rolling_Thunder

I have a nice little collection going...     here in The People's republic of Commie-fornia...    you cant own many cool toys...     I do have an AR-15 (pre-ban), an M-1 carbine, and two K98 Mausers...       :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemihead

I like the L1A1 and M1 Garand but the M14 is my Fav.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Lowprofile

Quote from: hemihead on July 23, 2007, 06:31:48 AM
I like the L1A1 and M1 Garand but the M14 is my Fav.

I agree, that M-14 is a Sweeeeeeeeet Rifle!  :drool5: :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Forza

Hey Im pretty sure if you framed this picture and had it on your desk at work I doubt you'd ever get fired  :D

Sweet Collection!

rav440

ZOMBIE OUTBREAK  :rofl: your brain works like mine  :2thumbs: :rofl: i sold my arsenal years ago because our last ZOMBIE OUTBREAK around here  was in the early 80s . there was one around the ohio line in the late 90s early  or  00s but it was contained rather quickly .  :icon_smile_big:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

aifilaw

<--  m-1 garand, 30-30 winchester, Beretta 92-FSC...

I want to pick up a cheap romanian Ak-47 since they should only cost about $300 brand new... but what I really want is an M-4, or M-16, oh an an MP-5
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

dukeboy_318

Guns and cars, two hobbies that go together huh?
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Drache

Quote from: aifilaw on July 24, 2007, 04:28:36 PM

I want to pick up a cheap romanian Ak-47 since they should only cost about $300 brand new... but what I really want is an M-4, or M-16, oh an an MP-5

I'm not sure about the states but I know you won't be getting any "M" class weapons lol. The "M" is for military designation. I believe you yanks call the civie version of the M4 an AR15.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

aifilaw

Quote from: Drache on July 24, 2007, 10:11:35 PM
Quote from: aifilaw on July 24, 2007, 04:28:36 PM

I'm not sure about the states but I know you won't be getting any "M" class weapons lol. The "M" is for military designation. I believe you yanks call the civie version of the M4 an AR15.

You certainly can, but it requires a class 2 or 3 license to get em, and those cost a lot, and its a recurring cost to keep up the license...
They sell modified M weapons... like an MP5 with the selector switch removed, but that's not very useful, the MP5 was designed for firing on auto and keeping the barrel movement down.

the AR-15 is wimpy in my opinion, I much prefer something with a little more meat, like an M-16, the M4 is a decent gun due to the burst capability
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

AKcharger

As soon as you get into full auto the price and legal headaches skyrockets. But in Alaska you can own them (with Class III transfer) we even have a machine gun club up here!

Drache

here you go!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

sixpack70

I've been drooling over the M-4 since I was a kid.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

hemihead

For those curious, from left to right : M-1 Carbine, AR-15, L1A1 (British version of the FN-FAL) M-14, M-1 Garand and M1917 Enfield...all ideal for home defense or zombie outbreak.

Which do you like better AK? The L1A1 or the M14?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bordin34

Reminds me of fight club
"And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you."

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

AKcharger

The M-14 is the best for accuracy, in fact I've shot in a few Hi-power matches with it (not really good but had fun) but the L1A1 is my favorite "plinking rifle" I'll sometime use tracers and just send a bunch of rounds down range as fast as I can. The Trilux® scope is good enough to have them impact in the general area you're aiming at and recoil is manageable enough to stay  on target through the whole 20 round magazine. The other week my kids an I were shooting at some abandoned cars near a dump...had a ball, but my memory card went bad...no pictures :(