News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I been in the hospital for the last month [Drop Top]

Started by Drop Top, July 20, 2007, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop Top

For the last year or so I haven't really been feeling quite like myself. Then about 2 months ago I was getting tired earlier then usual. I ended up in emergency room with 2 problems. The first was my bladder and intestine was connected. and my intestines looked like an old hose with bubbles and thin spots in it. They ended up disconeting my intestines and fixing my bladder. The bad stuff theytook out of me was about the size of a grapefruit. Well now I have a bag on th side of me that collects my solids. I have allot of changes I have to get used to for the next year or so. I,m home now and on the road to recovery. I'll need to have the bag for 6 months to a year. My shop is still going but I have 3 cars ready to paint. I do all my own painting and buffing. But I'm at least a month away from doing anything like that. I have a very large slice in my stomach that needs to close up before I can do much. I need your thoughts and prayers so I can get out of hear and back to work. Thanks D/T

dads_69

I was wondering where the heck you disapppeared too. Glad your alive and home. Hang in there Carl.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

draftingmonkey

Sorry to hear about that D/T  :rotz: .  Will definately add you to our prayer list and send happy good thoughts your way.  Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

James

red72chrgr

So sorry to hear that DT. Hope you recover well and maybe we'll see ya on here more often  ;) I'm goin in for surgery Mon. for my heart.  Keep up the good thoughts and my hopes and prayers are with you.

Roger
Nothing personal, just business

71ChallengeHer

bull

Get well soon! A buddy of mine had to deal with digestive problems for the past year or so due to complications with cancer treatment. He finally got it sorted out (I hope) but it really effected his life. You'll get through it. :yesnod: And you'll be in my prayers.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

tan top

danm sorry to hear that drop top , best wishes & a speedy recovery , 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mefirst

-Sorry to hear about your health. Hope youll recover fast..

Take care...

/Tom

Forza

I wish you a speedy recovery, sounds like you've had your fair share to deal with. But look on the bright side. The next time some punk throws a water balloon at you, you can 1 up him with something way better!

41husk

Best of luck! Don't push it. if the doctors say no painting for a month listen to them!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Orange_Crush

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Nacho-RT74

Damn Buddy, that's not good but I hope everything will be fine very soon. Maybe I'm not concerned on just send good recovery prayers, like also get quality of life and you can get a normal life on evertything... and I mean EVERYTHING come back to normal...

good to know at least you still are around.

get well...

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargermick

Sucks that you spent a month in the hospital, but we're all glad you're back home now. You'll be in our prayers.

NHCharger

Sorry to hear that DT. Hope everything works out for you.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Brock Samson

Charger1973

Hopefully you get better soon, that stuff is not something you want to mess around with. 

beenaround

Hey Carl hang in there!!!! we need all the oldtimers we can get!!!

nh_mopar_fan

Troy

Glad to see you back! Hope your recover is smooth and speedy. :2thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

Geez Drop Top, I'm glad they got it figured out before the problem took you out of the game!
Here's hoping for your speedy recovery. :cheers:

Quote from: Forza on July 21, 2007, 08:24:46 AM
But look on the bright side. The next time some punk throws a water balloon at you, you can 1 up him with something way better!
:haha: Should he light it on fire first? :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

my73charger

472 R/T SE

Sorry to hear.  Prayer's and thoughts on the way.
Sometimes I can't help but wonder if having a bag would be easier for the 'other' discharge.  It's got to be some kind of adjustment, feel for ya' man.

Old Moparz

Sorry to hear what happened DropTop, but glad to see you back & recovering.   :2thumbs:

I was also wondering where you were since I haven't seen you post in ages. Better start getting that post count back up. 
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Drop Top

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'm getting better everyday. I walk every morning. I seem to be able to go a little farther each day. It's not very far but you gotta start some where.  :laugh:  i go back to the doctor Aug. 16. We'll see how it goes. I'm getting restless. The walls are closeing in. It just takes time Thats what everbody says. But I really miss the shop. Anyway thanks again. I'm going to cruse the other areas and see if I can add my  :Twocents:. I've got nothing else to do.  :icon_smile_big:

ck1

:angelwing:The prayer is on the way, good to hear from u!
CJK

CharlieCharger

Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

firefighter3931

Hey DT....hang in there.  :2thumbs: You'll be back in the shop in no time.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

8WHEELER

Hang in there bud, we need you healthy, and your tech support knowledge   :yesnod: :yesnod:

I hope your rehab goes fast and with little pain  :2thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

SeattleCharger

sorry to hear you have to go through this, glad you are getting better.     hope you find a great helper for your shop, you could spend the rehab time being a mentor/boss  to a journey level  employee/helper,    :scratchchin:   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.