News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

21 second run

Started by dads_69, July 20, 2007, 06:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Test drove a Cobra SVT 2003 a while ago. Hit 140mph in 21 seconds. Car is badass, no, its not a mopar, but its not your average mustang either. I waited for highway to clear, then we I hit it. Never did go into 6th gear. I'm looking at getting a Lightning still, the Cobra was just there for the *test drive*. I didn't *race* anyone, just opened it up, like a lot of us do with our chargers whenever we get the chance.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Silver R/T

was  it just stock 03? Did it feel unstable that you decided to back off after 140?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

I think mustangs are cool, but all the different models and versions are killing it for me.  just too much. 

svt cobra, shelby. roush stages 1-40, gt, saleen, etc. etc. etc... I liked it better when it was LX and GT, and you threw a bunch of shit at and made it go fast.
RECHRGED

dads_69

I had to let off due to a turn coming up ahead. Rated for 65 mph, not 140 +. It has a Bassani exhaust kit, headers included. K/N air tube. 3.73 rear Motorsport computer mod. Dynoed at 480 H.P. @ 6 grand. I hit 6 grand on every shift just like Brad said for me too while I was at the wheel. I'm looking to get a 2001 Lightning w/similar mods, hopefully before winter hits here though, other wise it's gonna sit in the garage till next summer. Car felt like it hugged the road more over 110 a few times while on our way back to shop. Drove the boss' GT40 tonight also. He filmed me driving by him while I was close to 120 mph and going. Funny part was, I still had two more gears to go into, but backed off again, I was talking to my old boss after words, if I had wrecked his car, the GT 40, I would have been paying for that sucker a long time, ha ha.
Mark

69charger2002

i just got this souped up 02 GT convert because i couldn't resist. it hauls ASS and is very dependable and gets 21 mpg CITY with the top down. i love it

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Forza

Ive been thinking about trading my Mustang in for a GT Convert but after driving my sisters 05 Caddy CTS-V (I think thats right) I'd love to have one of those. Dont really think it's even possible considering they're 50k-75k new, damn it!

69charger2002

yeah there is a quite a difference in price there chief!! lol BTW i paid $7000 flat for that GT vert, it has 84k on it.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

sixpack70

I own an 03 Cobra and I love the car. It gets decent mileage for a 400hp car. 18 city/22highway with the Ac on. It hates rear tires and will boil them at will. I used to have an 02 lightning before this car and it was great fun too! For 2k the truck was running in the high 12's easy. The problem is the mileage, its get 13mpg city and 16 highway modified or not.

I bought the Cobra when my ex wife moved out to go hang out with her boyfriend she made while I was overseas, and I left her the lightning so she can suck all the gas she wants and will barely be able to afford it. I think it was a good trade!

I took the car to the track and ran 13.8 at 106-107 mph. My tires were old and I didn't get traction. My friend runs his 13.5 all the time with better tires. With more practice and less altitude (4000ft slows cars way down) and the new tires I just bought, I know I will be right in the mid to low 13's.

I haven't had my car up to 140, but I have had it to 120 once. It was really stable still. I don't push it too much because I don't feel like going to jail. I just read the book about the Terminator project and how the Cobras came to be. Its pretty interesting because it almost didn't happen. For the money you can't beat the 03-04 Cobras.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

bordin34

My dad has a 32,000 mile '97 5-Speed V6 Convertible mustang. It has never seen over 3,000 rpm's and looks and smells like new, still has the original tires. He just got in the first "crash" he ever had yesterday. A guy in a pickup truck with the hitch on the front of his truck was reading a map in stop and go traffic and barely tapped him. It put a small, almost unnoticable crease crease in his back bumper, the paint didn't even come off.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

dads_69

Test drove a '02 Lightning today myself. Nice truck, no mods, did pretty well for what it is. I liked it, but wife said no,I'd have two truck payment at over a 800 a month, so no big deal plus I haven't sold my other truck yet. Oh well, there out there and I'll get a Lightning before long. I was going to trade my f-250 in, what a joke that was even asking, I'd owe them vs. them owing me as normal  with dealers go. I'm a mopar guy but I like fast fords as well.
Mark

Silver R/T

Im Cobra lover myself, can't beat their performance per buck.
Just did a few more add ons on Cobra and drove it around town. Pretty nice to have high 10's street driveable car.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dads_69

I tried to down load video of test drive, again last night. Brad drove as I taped, from a standing point, hit 142 in 16.8 seconds. Must have been all in the type of weather we were having the day I drove! Silver, does your hood block your view for driving? In the Cobra I was driving of my buddy's last night also, '04, not a lot of windshield room for a 4'' scoop it appears. But sure looks mean.
Mark

Silver R/T

It doesnt block it much if I sit upright, if I lean backwards more then it does. I'm 5'8 so if anyone shorter would be driving it then they're screwed. I don't drive it everyday anyways, it's drag car.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

472 R/T SE

Let's see some time slips to back that up Silver.  Yours, not someone else's.  As that car sits, there's NO way it's dipping into the 10's.

I do have a new found respect for the Mustangs, the Saleens anyways.  I went for a ride in my buddy's and boy howdy.  That thing got with the program.  I dare say it's one of the fastest rides I've been in, no lag in the supercharger or anything. 
We later went out in his 429 4 gear Cobra Torino and it just didn't pull like the Saleen.

Silver R/T

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 28, 2007, 03:01:23 PM
Let's see some time slips to back that up Silver. Yours, not someone else's. As that car sits, there's NO way it's dipping into the 10's.

I do have a new found respect for the Mustangs, the Saleens anyways. I went for a ride in my buddy's and boy howdy. That thing got with the program. I dare say it's one of the fastest rides I've been in, no lag in the supercharger or anything.
We later went out in his 429 4 gear Cobra Torino and it just didn't pull like the Saleen.

well let's see...with the following build it is a 10 sec car and its running at 16psi (maximum of 32psi)
306 mexican shortblock with forged rods and pistons (9to1), moly rings, steel main girdle all ARP hardware, fluidampner, double roller t-chain with TFS stage 2 cam, moroso 1 piece pushrods, TFS 1.7 roller rockers, TFS R heads box stock, TFS R intake box stock, TFS phenolic spacer, TFS 75mm t-body elbow, bbk 75mm t-body, zex nos 75mm plate dual shark nozzles, bullet 75mm blowthrough mass air with 42ib injectors, 255 in tank with a 255 frame mounted fuel pumps aeromotive regulator, procharger D1 with 3.5 inch pulley and 3 core intercooler, k&n big conical, hooker super comp TFS R headers, 3 inch exhaust with cats, x-pipe and dynomax bullet mufflers. msd 6btm box, msd super conducter wires and coil, 3.55 gears auburn posi, subframe connectors, saleen springs, steeda caster/camber plates, koni shocks, UPR clutch quadrant, manual steering rack.

Car dynoed at ~530rwhp

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 28, 2007, 03:17:14 PM
Let's see some time slips to back that up Silver.  Yours, not someone else's.  As that car sits, there's NO way it's dipping into the 10's.

I'd like to see the timeslip as well. I dont think that car would run 10's. and I work at a dragstrip so I've seen a few cars race. Maybe a mid to high 11 out of that car, but i highly doubt it's in the 10s.

Silver R/T

Quote from: moparguy01 on July 28, 2007, 03:27:12 PM
Let's see some time slips to back that up Silver. Yours, not someone else's. As that car sits, there's NO way it's dipping into the 10's.

If my memory serves me well I thought you worked at the body shop....hmmm

I'd like to see the timeslip as well. I dont think that car would run 10's. and I work at a dragstrip so I've seen a few cars race. Maybe a mid to high 11 out of that car, but i highly doubt it's in the 10s.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 28, 2007, 03:30:46 PM
Quote from: moparguy01 on July 28, 2007, 03:27:12 PM

If my memory serves me well I thought you worked at the body shop....hmmm

Actually I work at a restoration shop. How many dragstrips do you go to that are open EVERY DAY? Probably none cause you've never been to one. Where I'm from we work during the week, and race on the weekends. the same way it's been for many years. In case you feel like checking, I'm an announcer for Interstate Dragways in Sabin, MN. 6 miles outside of Moorhead, MN. www.interstatedragways.com

You see some of us having more than one job, because we know how to work. Something you probably arent used to. Go get your scotch brite and scuff up another car for maaco there scooter.

Silver R/T

there you go again with bashing kid. Maybe you'd like to come over here to Spokane Raceway and we'll see how fast YOUR car can run before you open your mouth wide.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 28, 2007, 03:46:39 PM
there you go again with bashing kid. Maybe you'd like to come over here to Spokane Raceway and we'll see how fast YOUR car can run before you open your mouth wide.

I told ya where to find me first. so bring it scooter. I havent raced my car yet. i still need to finish brakes and new fuel lines. All you have to do is BACK UP YOUR 10 SECOND CLAIM. scan a time slip and I'll shut up about it. But I'm about 100% sure you dont have a time slip.

Silver R/T

Quote from: moparguy01 on July 28, 2007, 03:48:33 PM

what if I do, what will you do then? talk trash about my Charger or make up something else to bash me on. Chill out kid, I'll scan time slip tonight so you can STFU.

I told ya where to find me first. so bring it scooter. I havent raced my car yet. i still need to finish brakes and new fuel lines. All you have to do is BACK UP YOUR 10 SECOND CLAIM. scan a time slip and I'll shut up about it. But I'm about 100% sure you dont have a time slip.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 28, 2007, 03:49:42 PM
Quote from: moparguy01 on July 28, 2007, 03:48:33 PM

what if I do, what will you do then? talk trash about my Charger or make up something else to bash me on. Chill out kid, I'll scan time slip tonight so you can STFU.

I said if I was wrong I'll say I'm wrong no big deal. I never said my car was faster, just that I honestly don't think your mustang is that fast. I'm not holding my breath for the timeslip though.

472 R/T SE

Why do it tonight?  Do you have to find someone that has one?  Why not do it now?

I realize it's parked in the driveway and it's a driver so there's no slicks.  But I know there's not a sanctioned track in the country that's gonna let you go that fast w/o a rollbar.  Plus with your suspension there's no way.
Maybe on paper your car will go that fast but I think you're failing to realize it has to transfer to the pavement.
I'm in no position to bash anyone, it's just you've wrote a check your ass can't cash with your 10 second claim.

moparguy01

for the record a roll bar is required at 11.99 and faster. Unless your in a convertible in which case a roll bar is required at 13.49 seconds or quicker. Also keep in mind this is for a vehicle which has the FACTORY floors and frames, with the exception of wheel tubs. if the firewall or floor has been modified, a FULL CAGE is required at 10.99 and quicker. The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ¾ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, and must conform to the NHRA diagram provided in your NHRA rule book.
For a roll cage it is different yet again, The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing and again must conform to the NHRA Diagram.

and any vehicle running slicks must have a driveshaft loop as well.

for the record.

bull

C'mon Silver. Just steal a 10 second timeslip off the internet somewhere and post it. We'll believe ya. :yesnod:

Here's one for you. You live in Cecil County, WA, right? :D