News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Parts Arrived from Ted.

Started by pandamarie, July 20, 2007, 09:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

:icon_smile_big: After a short 3 months the Daytona parts were made and delivered yesterday.here are a few pics of the parts, Thanks to a few on this board I have the rest of the parts stashed in the trunk, Now I have everything to finish it off. car will be white with black wing when its all done. Now to go through all the parts and get them trail fitted and ready for paint.The wing must weigh 50 to 60 lbs, this is nice stuff. :2thumbs: :drool5:

Daytona R/T SE

Congratulations :cheers:  Those pics kinda look familiar...

TomP

Everything is fiberglass, right?   I think I'd want steel Z-braces and one of Dane's new wings, but the rest looks good.

Can Larry O. give us any insight between the fit and finish of the Janek nose and the Stinger nose?  Do both require the same amount of prep?

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

Brock Samson

i once knew a waitress that was really into pandas... she even went to china to see them a couple times,.. she got so close to them and was so famous as the panda girl (cause it was all about pandas all the time) the Chinese Govt. allowed her to actually move there work with them.. no small feat.
a beautiful gal..

nice lookin bunch of parts,.. what's that nose & wing weigh compared to the real deal?..

daytonalo

Are those Ted's famous fiberglass a-pillars covered with foil tape ? Nice parts . Just a tip , throw away the fiberglass headlight pivots and Z-braces . Use metal only , but  you know this already .
Larry

pandamarie

Larry I have your stainless A pillar pieces and wing washers and trunk hinges. Thats just one little section of Pands in the house, Wife has been collectig since 5th grade and has around 7000 Pandas, I even made her a panda car, and her PT has pandas tinted on all the windows, hence the name pandamarie, spend my time working on my cars and the 28 other antiques from 1912 to 1948 that we have in the family.
The Daytona will be my favorite ride when its done. It will be one of my daily drivers.

BigBlockSam

3 months is a great turn around time. i guess he's been listening to all the bitching about that. the parts look great. I've heard stories about fiberglass z brackets cracking with time . i remember your saying that your not using the fiberglass window plug. thats good . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

STINGER NOSE FIT LIKE SHIT , IF YOUR NOT INTO DETAILS AND OK IF IT MISALIGNS WITH FENDERS A HALF INCH AND MANY , MANY HOURS OF FABBING STUFF , STINGER IS FOR YOU .TEDS STUFF IS FIRST CLASS , JUST THAT HE USUALLY MAKES YOU WAIT UNTIL NEXT ICE AGE !!!!!
LARRY

nascarxx29

Congrats Glad to hear you got your parts .And you ready to build .This is a picture of the stinger parts as they come shipped to you.Lack of the 5 tabs per side used to secure the headlight buckets to innernose to.

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

Hey get out of my home !!!!!!!!!!!!! That couch is now in a museum , that is a whole another story ! . For the record I threw the grille shell and pivots in the trash . I'm curious , what does Janek give you for a grille ?
Larry

daytonalo

Can you tell me on more time the price of Teds parts ?????? Sorry to bother you
Larry

nascarxx29

I only had to make 2 modifications to a fiberglass headlight pivot bracket nowbody at the time made a metal headlight pivot bracket..Replace the fiberglass pivot actuator bracket with a durable metal one.And before riveting or screwing the pivot end shafts to the headlight pivot bracket.So they wont wear out hole and work loose
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pandamarie

Here are a couple of pics of Teds grille surround and grille material. I will make my headlight pivots out of metal. I just won a set of 69 valiant trun signal housings and lenses on ebay for 26 bucks so I think I have everything I need to finish it off.  could use some help with where to mount the fender blisters and wing, Anyone have measurments from the side and back edge of the wing to the side and back edge of the rear fenders, and from the front of the fender edge to the  front edge of the fender blisters also where the hole under the bliser is located and how large? Also is there a rubber gasket that goes between the wing and fender??

daytonalo

One more time , could you give me a price breakdown ?

pandamarie

I would give you a price breakdown but dont have the order form or any of the info from Ted as I just called him and asked if he would build the parts I needed and when he said yes I told him to build them. the total cost for what I ordered with shipping was 5430. thats the best I could do for you Larry.

BigBlockSam

hey pandamarie

your welcome . i saw your name on them and didn't bid .  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

I wonder how much for the nose , scoops, headlight doors , valence and buckets ????

BigBlockSam

daytonalo

Oh yea , if I hear him say Jesus came down in a FURY one more time , I will throw up .
Larry

Howie

Throw that fiberglass grill surround away and make one out of steel. That is what I am going to do. Glad to see that you are on your way.

BigBlockSam

daytonalo made me a nice steel one. Rene

daytonalo

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: pandamarie on July 24, 2007, 09:45:57 AM
  could use some help with where to mount the fender blisters and wing, Anyone have measurments from the side and back edge of the wing to the side and back edge of the rear fenders, and from the front of the fender edge to the  front edge of the fender blisters also where the hole under the bliser is located and how large? Also is there a rubber gasket that goes between the wing and fender??

Contact Dave Patick at:  http://www.performancecargraphics.com/   He makes a paper template set that locates everything you need-wing, scoops, Where to cut the lower front fenders,etc. Best thing is it's free if you are a Winged Warriors member ( he does charge shipping, though  ;) )

I'm pretty sure he sells the wing gaskets, too.

BigBlockSam

Quotefree if you are a Winged Warriors member

:yesnod: i got mine from him.  good guy too. he sells a daytona front spoiler, that is 2 inches longer than stock . made of metal too . gotta get me one of those