News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

special handling!!!

Started by Nacho-RT74, July 21, 2007, 06:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Never heard of that before.

"This came on a high option '71 Charger that was built for Chrylser management..." :lol:

I wonder if Dr. Z's PT Cruiser had the same tag?

Alaskan_TA

The only original cars I have seen those on are police cars. Lots of folks like to add them to their cars for some reason though.

Barry

tttaziz

Barry,  I agree that the SPECIAL HANDLING tags are usually seen on police cars, but when did Chrysler start using them?  I don't recall seeing them on pre-1970 cars. 

On the broadcast sheets, at least in 1971, executive company/lease cars would have typed along the bottom "VIP A EXCELLENT QUALITY"  (or GOOD QUALITY depending on rank).  1972 through at least 1976 executive cars would have SPECIAL HANDLING CAR typed at the bottom.

Ty

Alaskan_TA

I know that I have seen one of the abc tags with special handling stamped in it, so it had to have been on a '68 or older car.

The broadcast sheets that I have seen for Hamtramck cars printed with special handling on the bottom do not have fender tags with the same verbage.

Some of those sheets were for exec. cars and some not.  :shruggy:

Barry

Rolling_Thunder

I saw a car at the Spring fling (1971 hemi cuda convert clone) that thad a "Hemi fender" and a "special handeling" tag...    thats it
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

twilt

I pulled one off a 74 New Yorker at a junkyard and sold in on Ebay. Seems like I got around $70 for it.  Easiest money I`ve ever made.   ;)