News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For the 1970 Charger RT 440 Sixpack owners........

Started by Chad L. Magee, July 18, 2007, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

This is an article that I have scanned from the Febuary 1970 issue of Hi-Performance Cars.  I hope someone can use the information.  Enjoy......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Chad L. Magee

the rest of the article and a poster in between.....

Big Lebowski

Cool, that's my favorite Charger, I've had one for going on 17 years now.  :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Spike

The engine is groovy.  :nixon:  Now there is some classic writing, great stuff Chad.

charger Downunder

Interesting no air cleaner decal,six pack base plate has no front guard,cool artical.
[/quote]

Shakey

Very cool article!

Thanks for postinig that.   :yesnod:

Hemidoug

Wow, that must be the rare right hand drive version. Looks like the master cylinder and battery are on the wrong side in the first photo. So much for proofing the article before going to print!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Chris G.

We have that plus many other articles on the site. Pretty interesting pictures. The PCV and grommet are not painted orange, and the negative cable is orange right up to the top. There's a few other interesting things as well (dipstick, valve cover gaskets, etc).

http://1970chargerregistry.com/Gallery/ClassicAds?page=12
http://1970chargerregistry.com/Gallery/ClassicAds?page=1

Brock Samson

i guess the first gen guys are gonna overlook their chargers being called "Four Wheeled Disasters"..  :smilielol:

"supersano"  :lol:

6pkrunner

Quote from: Chris G. on July 19, 2007, 07:35:56 AM
We have that plus many other articles on the site. Pretty interesting pictures. The PCV and grommet are not painted orange, and the negative cable is orange right up to the top. There's a few other interesting things as well (dipstick, valve cover gaskets, etc).

http://1970chargerregistry.com/Gallery/ClassicAds?page=12
http://1970chargerregistry.com/Gallery/ClassicAds?page=1

Chris,
Notice that the intake manifold bolts, throttle cable/kickdown bracket, throttle spring bracket, valley tray and the valley tray retainer bolts are also not orange. Can you say 4bbl swapped over to 6 pack as a test mule? And also the fact that the engine in photo one is from mirror image land.

hemi68charger

Very cool pics..

Also, the solenoid wire bracket is missing.. They have utilized the throttle return spring bracket instead...  Also, the "six pack" decal wasn't a normal thing.. My first v-code '70 Charger R/T did not have the "six pack" decal on it, only the cleaning instructions decal.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chad L. Magee

Chris G.-  Cool, I did not realize that you had that up on the site.  Looks very good.  I think I will have quite a few articles to add to it when I get done scanning my collection......

Here is another sixpack article (sorry, but not a Charger this time)......

Chad L. Magee

last page......

Troy

:hah: "Ridiculous stick and new grip are losers"  :smilielol:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

yeah both articles are extreamly critical of the four speeds... 
yeah super stick" F-70 14s..  :smilielol:

Hemidoug

Quote from: Troy on July 19, 2007, 11:33:00 AM

Troy

That was written by a Cheeby guy that's way it's a little "negative".....

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Hemidoug on July 19, 2007, 12:10:34 PM
Quote from: Troy on July 19, 2007, 11:33:00 AM

Troy

That was written by a Cheeby guy that's way it's a little "negative".....

Hi... I'm a loser  :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Hemidoug

Dude, you wouldn't want to be thrown to some of the lesbos around here......it's a fate worse then death. The lions would be the better deal...over quick! :icon_smile_big:

472 R/T SE

Noticed the ground strap on the back side of the motor mounted to the firewall ala '69 style.
And the mention of a "Daytona" appearance package.  :whistling:

dpm68

QuoteWow, that must be the rare right hand drive version. Looks like the master cylinder and battery are on the wrong side in the first photo. So much for proofing the article before going to print!
The copy editor was taking a siesta...and besides, flipped negatives just display the mag's diversity...

Chad L. Magee

I scanned in a Speed and Supercar issue tonight (Feb. 1970) while taking a break from working on my thesis.  In it was two nice articles involving Daytonas (with a hemi buildup for one) that I thought I would share........

Chad L. Magee

continuing......

Chad L. Magee

I wander if the green Daytona is still kicking around somewhere......

Chad L. Magee

Last page for tonight......

Ghoste

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 19, 2007, 10:05:15 AM
i guess the first gen guys are gonna overlook their chargers being called "Four Wheeled Disasters"..  :smilielol:

"supersano"  :lol:

What's to overlook?  It's from the same source that we're ridiculing for "groovy engines", "ridiculous stick and new grip are losers", and flipped negatives.  It's pretty clear the writer had taken some of that brown acid at Woodstock.
Still a cool article to look back on though.