News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood Turn signal lights delete??

Started by pullrock, July 18, 2007, 05:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullrock

Does anyone know how rare it is to have delete plates for the hood blinker lights :shruggy:  I have them on my 1968 Charger R/T... :2thumbs:

Dennis K

I've seen them on a couple of 69s, but I didn't think they were available on a 68. I've always thought that all 68s came with the signal lights in the hood as standard equipment.

pullrock

There appears to be wiring under the hoof for them.  Would this show up on any paper work?

UFO

Optional,look in the lights section.

chargercraig

pullrock

Out side of the hood.

pullrock

Just wanted to add that is does have Charger light Package - Code 355 (On the right side of the page under Accessory  Groups)  It does show it as an option but I have never really come across a charger without them.

Thanks for everyones HELP!

Ghoste

Personally,  I never used to see them that often at all, at least not until they started repopping them.

danan

My 69 R/T is turn signal delete.  It has a black decal (possibly black paint.  Now I can't recall) over the delete plates that match the hood scallop decals.  It is an unrestored original car.  There is no wiring present under the hood for turn signals.  Everyone used to make fun of my car because it has no options besides power steering, power brakes, passenger mirror, rocker moldings, and a buddy seat.  It doesn't even headrests.  It was my first car (still have it): B7/black vinyl top/white stripe/blue interior.  440/column auto/3.23 open. 

pullrock

I have some very early pictures of my charger with the Delete plates in.  Just as long as others have it also.

Thanks Again!

Eric

deputycrawford

Ghoste, you mentioned they repop the delete plates. Where can I get them?
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

8WHEELER

They come black, my 68 set. I have not heard they were repoping them yet.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

deputycrawford

Thanks 8wheeler. Where Can I pick up a set? Do you know of anyone that has an extra set they would like to part with? If I were to find them for sale at a swap meet or show, how much would I expect to pay? I am mildly interested. :icon_smile_wink:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Charger1973

I think he meant they are reproducing the lights now not the delete plates.  Although they would be really easy to make... 

8WHEELER

Quote from: deputycrawford on July 21, 2007, 10:25:08 PM
     Thanks 8wheeler. Where Can I pick up a set? Do you know of anyone that has an extra set they would like to part with? If I were to find them for sale at a swap meet or show, how much would I expect to pay? I am mildly interested. :icon_smile_wink:

Over the years I have seen lots of people looking for them, and a few sets came on ebay I understand,
and they went for crazy money. I have never seen any for sale myself, I am holding on to the set I have
for now.

Dan

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 21, 2007, 03:09:10 AM

Dan

Is that a piece of foam between the backing plate and the delete plate itself? It's been to many years to remember if mine had that.....Plus they are buried in a box in the rafters of my garage so i can't just pull em out to look.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

8WHEELER

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on July 22, 2007, 05:04:52 PM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 21, 2007, 03:09:10 AM

Dan

Is that a piece of foam between the backing plate and the delete plate itself? It's been to many years to remember if mine had that.....Plus they are buried in a box in the rafters of my garage so i can't just pull em out to look.

Yes its a black rubber foam type material

Dan

Troy

As far as I know, they are not reproduced at this time. That may change in the very near future though (I'm loaning my set out to someone). I agree that most everyone likes the lights so the delete plates get tossed along the way.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

justin1987

So how much does a set usually sell for on E-bay?

JimShine

My 68 had them. I have seen them range widely in price. From $50 a pair to $150.

v21hemicharger

I was bidding on one set that was at like $20 till the last minute.  I really wanted them and put in like $425 at the last second and was out bid.  I have not seen others for sale on the bag.  I have seen very few Chargers out here with the hood mounted turn signals.  All three of mine were not optioned w/ them. 

bill440rt

Hold the phone... $425.00???? And you were OUTBID???  :o  :o  :o

I just sold a set on eBay just the other week. I would have gladly taken HALF your offer!  :D
I better check to see if I have another spare set!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

8WHEELER

Quote from: bill440rt on January 21, 2008, 09:53:24 AM
Hold the phone... $425.00???? And you were OUTBID???  :o  :o  :o

I just sold a set on eBay just the other week. I would have gladly taken HALF your offer!  :D
I better check to see if I have another spare set!

Thanks Bill   ;D   I have found a couple sets in the last year, one needed a new stud    :scratchchin:
I would like to make these, but I don't think the demand is out there, or the money for what people
will think are just simply a steel piece............

Dan

Mikesmopars01

I have a set on my 68, but if they are bringing in that kind of money, I might be getting the repop lights. :laugh:

1BAD68

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 22, 2008, 02:57:09 AM
Thanks Bill   ;D   I have found a couple sets in the last year, one needed a new stud    :scratchchin:
I would like to make these, but I don't think the demand is out there, or the money for what people
will think are just simply a steel piece............

Dan

I'll demand one set  ;)

0X01B8

So, for a 68, the only area that should be black is the delete plate itself?  I bought some black decals that are the full width of the scallops but haven't installed them yet.  My only reference at the time was a shot in DMCL from inside the car looking out over the hood, where just the delete plates are black.  So that's how we painted it.

charger_mike75

pb24

My 68 Charger also has delete plates that has a black decal the full width of the scallops. Where did you Purchase the replacement decals.

8WHEELER

Quote from: pb24 on January 28, 2008, 12:39:16 AM
My 68 Charger also has delete plates that has a black decal the full width of the scallops. Where did you Purchase the replacement decals.

Pick what ever place you prefer.......   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39309.0.html

Dan