News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Die cast 66 Charger

Started by Ghoste, July 20, 2005, 12:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

For those of you who collect die casts, you may want to know that Fastback Jon has been working with ERTL to help them with a 1966 Charger in their authentic series.   It's a 1:18 scale and they are nearly ready.   Here is one place that is showing them;

http://rcertl.com/brand/sneak_peeks/sneak_peeks_dodge_charger.shtml

And keep in mind that it is what it says, a sneak peek.   That is NOT the finished product.

Silver R/T

ya hes working on them alright :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Cool! That would be a sweet job to have.

Ghoste

I don't think he's getting paid.  I think they just recognized his unofficial status as the most rabid fastback fan in the world and he's dogging them like mad to make sure every detail is perfect.
If I'm not mistaken, the car is being modeled on the Bloomington Ghost.

FastbackJon

That picture that is up is from the first test model they did in October of last year. Lots of things wrong with it. It was modeled after a '66 Charger with a hemi, but non original, and had a '67 interior, with AC stuff under the hood not hooked up.

So yes I sent them to the Bloomington Ghost to take pictures of a real '66 Hemi Charger with low miles. There is going to be a 383 4bbl car too in light yellow.

I have two test models at my house currently, one of each car. I sent them a five page microsoft word document, single spaced in 12pt font, listing everything I found wrong or lacking with the cars.

I didn't ask for anything in return, I'm suprised I even got these real physical pre-production models to look at and hold. I'm not getting "paid", but they liked my dedication, so the ERTL guy emailed me "I owe you extra samples of the '66 Charger for this dedication. How many would you like?"

;D
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

And you told him how many exactly?

Charger_Fan

Wow, that's pretty neat Jon! :thumbs:

Tell that guy that when he's ready for another type of car to do, I know of a few 'rabid' '70 guys out there that are just dying for an Ertl model. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

FastbackJon

Quote from: Ghoste on July 21, 2005, 02:17:55 PM
And you told him how many exactly?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to like the '06 "Charger".

;D
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Silver R/T

if they make 68's in future build it yourself kit I might be interested
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

I'm amazed there isn't a 70 diecast Charger yet.  I'm not counting the goofy F&F one.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on July 21, 2005, 03:20:14 PM
I'm amazed there isn't a 70 diecast Charger yet.   I'm not counting the goofy F&F one.
Me too, I don't get it. :ahum:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ITSA426

You know you did that backwards Jon.  The yellow car should be the HEMI and the mauve should have a 318; just for me.  By the way, ERTL told me the SKU#s are 33933 for the mauve car and 39082 for the yellow car.  The release is scheduled for October.

Drache

I hope you told them one for every member of this message board  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

6670charger

Good job setting them straight, Jon.  So many of these diecasts end up incorrect in certain aspects. 

I also agree totally with the others about the 70 Charger.  There are so many of the 69 diecast cars out there that it couldn't be that difficult to modify one of them enough to make a decent 70 model.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Drache

Quote from: 66charger on July 25, 2005, 04:30:53 AM
Good job setting them straight, Jon.   So many of these diecasts end up incorrect in certain aspects.  

I also agree totally with the others about the 70 Charger.   There are so many of the 69 diecast cars out there that it couldn't be that difficult to modify one of them enough to make a decent 70 model.

All you pretty much need to do is just modify the front end!

I had so many Charger diecast cars that didn't have the right back window... they all looked like Charger 500s!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire