News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need some help finding some aftermarket throttle brackets

Started by Charger1973, July 18, 2007, 02:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

supserdave

Mancini has them, you will get sticker shock though, I think there 55 bucks.

Charger1973

Damn, well if thats what I have to do then I will but hopefully someones got them a little cheaper.

supserdave

If you have a welder and some time you can make your own....

Charger1973

I dont have a welder, I wish I did!  Its on the list of things to get after I get the car back on the road.  Maybe i'll make something temporary to get me by until I can make my own. 

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger1973

Thanks for the links  :cheers:  If anyone has any more please post them.  I dont have time before class but im going to look at them all tonight when I get home. 

moparguy01

not sure which intake your using but if its not too terrible high just get the stock one from mancini, they are only about 30 bucks.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 18, 2007, 03:43:36 PM
These guys have some brackets; http://www.arengineering.com/index.html
Not very cheap, though.

AndyF is AREngineering.    Mancini is one of his vendors.   Andy doesn't sell direct to the public.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger1973

Its a Performer RPM... this is what I need to correct.

BrianShaughnessy

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 18, 2007, 07:02:04 PM
Not very cheap, though.

AndyF is AREngineering.    Mancini is one of his vendors.   Andy doesn't sell direct to the public.
Thanks Brian, I didn't know that. I guess that proves I haven't bought any of their brackets yet, huh? :icon_smile_big:

Charger1973, a Weber carburetor? That's different. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger1973

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 19, 2007, 11:48:58 AM
Not very cheap, though.

Thanks Brian, I didn't know that. I guess that proves I haven't bought any of their brackets yet, huh? :icon_smile_big:

Charger1973, a Weber carburetor? That's different. :)

Heres a front view.   Maybe it looks more familiar :P

Charger_Fan

Holy crap! :o When did Weber get into bed with Edelbrock? Man, I've been out of it for a while in that regard. :yesnod:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 19, 2007, 11:48:58 AM
Not very cheap, though.

You can order from Mancini's or wherever else but chances are that what you receive will be drop shipped from Andy's address anyway.
Damhik.

Mick70RR

I have the same intake and just cut the bracket in two places and welded two one inch pieces in.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

Charger1973

Quote from: Mick70RR on July 21, 2007, 02:38:09 PM
I have the same intake and just cut the bracket in two places and welded two one inch pieces in.

That sounds like the best bet for me too.  I have looked around quite a bit and hadnt found anything that looked right so I was planning to do something similar to mine.  My problem is that I dont have a welder right now but I have a friend who should be able to do it for me.  I can get an aftermarket throttle bracket but finding something that will work with the kickdown linkage too is the problem.