News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After you restored your Charger, OR other Mopar.....

Started by TruckDriver, October 13, 2007, 06:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I have taken a couple of cars back to show original owners.  One guy seemed sadder for the experience but I can understand that too.
Most cases though, I have never been able to find original owners.
A friend of mine has a 68 1/2 Mustang Cobra Jet that had the original owner look him up.  He actually had no idea who the first owner was until some guy at cruise night started going around and over the car.  The guy said something about thinking it was his old car and then left.  The next week he showed up again with documentation to verify it was his old car along with a bunch of photos from back in the day and a four foot tall trophy from some drag strip.  He then gave all the stuf tomy buddy saying that it really belongs with the car.

8WHEELER

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 16, 2007, 09:25:43 PM
Well, I talked to the last owner of my Charger today...for 19 minutes. He apperentley has 2 garages full of parts and he said he can give me some good deals on parts. He also said hes very happy to see that my car is going good. Now heres the funny part. I went to a car show in July 07 and I took a picture of this 69 Charger that was orange. Well long story short, that is his car. So heres the car he stripped mine for ;)

That picture was taken at the Canada show this year right?  The guy in the picture is Andy, he
had his 440-6pk Superbee there, sweet car. His first mopar was a 69 Charger.

My first car ''the red 68 Charger'' was there as well.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

PocketThunder

Bought my 68 from my Dads cousin who was a recent widow.  Her husband was working on the car off and on over the years and I knew it was still around after he died of a heart attack.  I waited a couple months and then asked about it.  Nobody in the family wanted it so she sold it to me for $500.  When I towed it home she said I would have to take her for a ride in it when I got it done.  Finally 3 years later, (this summer), I finally drove it down there and was able to take her for a ride in it in the car cruise that was going on.  She wouldn't stop talking about the car the rest of the night.  I printed out a time line of pictures for her from the start of the restoration to the end.  She really appreciated that. 

I'm such a nice guy..  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Back N Black

moparstuart

sounds like he stole the car from her and then rubbed it in her face to me !!

no just jokin

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 17, 2007, 04:47:06 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 16, 2007, 09:25:43 PM
Well, I talked to the last owner of my Charger today...for 19 minutes. He apperentley has 2 garages full of parts and he said he can give me some good deals on parts. He also said hes very happy to see that my car is going good. Now heres the funny part. I went to a car show in July 07 and I took a picture of this 69 Charger that was orange. Well long story short, that is his car. So heres the car he stripped mine for ;)

That picture was taken at the Canada show this year right?  The guy in the picture is Andy, he
had his 440-6pk Superbee there, sweet car. His first mopar was a 69 Charger.

My first car ''the red 68 Charger'' was there as well.

Dan

Yuppers, thats the show. You mean the green Bee or the orange/red one? And I got a picture of your 68 too :icon_smile_cool:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

8WHEELER

Andy owns the Orange one, the President and founding member of that mopar