News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the best bed?

Started by 73chgrSE, July 18, 2007, 01:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think is the best bed?

High quality spring matress
5 (25%)
Water bed
4 (20%)
Sleep number bed
4 (20%)
Memory foam
5 (25%)
other...list
2 (10%)
craftmatic adjustable
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

73chgrSE

I'm about to buy a new king size bed, just wondering what everyone thinks of these. :sleep:

Slowpoke

I switched from a top end water bed to a top seally when i got married last year.
And I slept better on the water bed.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

Todd Wilson

Well I tell you its been an interesting 2 years for me.  I have had a full motion waterbed since I was in high skool. I am 36 now so basically I have slept on a water bed for 20 years. Everyday I would pop my upper back sometime during the day. Sit in a chair like what would be in a  break room or kitchen and lean back. Everything would pop and it would feel good. I would always have neck problems. Kink in my neck or what have you. I would hardly be able to walk for the first 10 minutes I got out of bed.  So 2 years ago we bought a space foam bed and within a week all my problems went away.  Felt good and my back seems to be solid.  A year ago I started having pain in my hip which ended up being a herniated disc in my lower back which finally stopped me dead in my tracks Feb 07.. Dont know if the bed helped create that or it was just something that would have happened anyways. I do sleep better now and the disc has started to heal and I am getting better everyday. I dont even want to think what I may have been in for if I had the waterbed while I had the herniated disc. Probably not much fun.

Todd

BMOTOXSTAR

I raced Motocross and most of my bones have been broken and now have pins holding them together.  :rotz:
I opted for the Craft Matic Adjustable Bed. The one those old farts use. I am 33 with bones of a 73 year old. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Old Moparz

I have a king size, semi waveless, water bed, & love it. (There is a sponge-like liner, not baffles, that reduces water movement.) I've had it since about 1985 or so, & the few times I end up in a regular bed, like at a motel in Carlisle, I don't sleep as good. I also haven't had any backaches from it, & the heater that's under it in the dead of winter is great. I did have to replace the heater once about 10 years ago, & the seam in one corner had a minor leak that I repaired about 3 years ago.

The only inconvenient part of having this bed is the weight. If you ever want to move it, you have to drain the entire mattress to do so. I only had to drain it twice in 22 years, once when I moved, & once to remove & replace the old heater. There's an additive you put in the water to prevent it from turning into a swamp with a dead animal smell, so don't worry about the water getting stagnant. There is one funny part of owning a water bed, that's watching you're pregnant wife try to get out of it during the last month of pregnancy.  :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mefirst

Any kind of bed where there is a good looking woman laying in it.... :D

PocketThunder

had a water bed when i was in college.  :icon_smile_big:  that made for some interesting nights   :whistling:

Have a seally postrupedic (sp?) bed now and if can get uninterrupted sleep (no kids screaming) i sleep just fine. :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

i 'm a big man and i kill mattresses. about 2 yrs ago we bought a  foam mattress . it's great! i don't get out of bed achy in the morning any more . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

I have some dumb pillow top king size bed we bought a hundred years ago...it sucks. My back hurts lots of the time too, don't know how much of that I can blame on the bed though. I'd like to buy a new one soon, but that's just one more thing to detract from the Charger fund. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69DodgeCharger

The one in a good looking womans bedroom?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

jgbailey57

i bought a sleep number bed a few months ago and love it.
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on July 18, 2007, 02:55:16 PM
The one in a good looking womans bedroom?

Beauty is only a light switch away!   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

kink67

I travel alot and the sleep number bed is the best I have come across.    I bought one for home and it is the best bed I have owned.

Rich

69DodgeCharger

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

RECHRGD

I replaced our water bed with a Sleep Number bed a couple of years ago.  Those of you old enough to remember, know that the old water beds were incorporated into massive matching bedroom furniture sets.  In the 70's we bought all the WB bedroom furniture and we still like it.  We went through the old bouncy WB mattresses to the waveless type, but I always had bad back issues (related to a 1970 motorcycle accident) that never went away.  Sleep Number makes a mattress that is made to simply replace the water bed matress and utilize the existing furniture and that's the route we chose.  My back is much better these days and I bought the heated bed pad that feels the same as the heated water bed in the winter.  Sleep Number Rocks!   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BrianShaughnessy

I sleep better on a  high quality spring mattress.    Especially the pillow top ones.   A cheap mattress is a cheap mattress...  don't compare apples to rotten vegetables.
I never liked water beds.
SHE made us get a sleep number bed a couple years ago...  I'm not a big fan of it.  I've had more problems since we got that thing - almost makes me want to get checked out for sleep apnea now.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

I can sleep any were but, since I bought a King size bed it is hard to sleep on a smaller bed with my wife.  I never tried with other women, maybe thats the problem :scratchchin:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Vainglory, Esq.

I have a Comfortaire matress.  It's kind of like a sleep number in that it operates the same way, but there is only one air chamber, so it's not adjustable on both sides.  I keep it on maximum firmness, and I love it.  My girlfriend's bed sucks though - it's a squishy spring matress that always leaves me with a backache... :rotz:  I'd go the air matress route if I were you.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI never liked water beds.

me either. i've found them hard to climb out of
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

SnoPro440

My wife and I purchased a Tempur-Pedic.  I usually get about 5 hours of sleep and with this thing, it feels like I slept for 8.  Only thing that sucks is when you travel and have to sleep on a regular mattress, you will wake up sore.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Chryco Psycho

I am cold on days that end in Y so I have a waterbed , never had any back issues & can`t sleep as well on anything else

bull

We bought a Tempur-Pedic a while ago due to some back pain I was having. The pain got better but didn't go away and I've got sleep apnea to boot so nothing works well for me at the moment. Oddly enough I've had some pretty good luck sleeping on air mattresses whils camping when I go. For some reason my back is killing me when I wake up if I've slept stomach-down for any length of time. I'm thinking about getting surgery to correct some issues with the apnea so maybe things will get better.

Afflyer

We bought a firm Sealy Posturepedic mattress and box springs when we got married four years ago.  My wife as a lot of problems trying to get a restfull night of sleep, with her RLS (restless leg syndrome), and fibromyalgia- oh-and she is almost eight months pregnant too. 

We have turned over the mattress at least every three or four months, and she still cannot get comfortable in it, for the past couple of years.  I want to get one of those Sleep Number beds we see and hear advertised on the TV and radio, but they seem out of our price range.

How much does one of those Sleep Number beds run for a king size bed?

Bradley  :eek2:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Chargen69

we/ve got the select comfort king-sized bed and we have never slept more comfortable that on this bed, had it about 5 years now and it is great. (if you get one then get the thick pad that goes with it, that makes a big difference

Chargen69

Quote from: Afflyer on July 21, 2007, 08:45:06 AM
We bought a firm Sealy Posturepedic mattress and box springs when we got married four years ago.  My wife as a lot of problems trying to get a restfull night of sleep, with her RLS (restless leg syndrome), and fibromyalgia- oh-and she is almost eight months pregnant too. 

We have turned over the mattress at least every three or four months, and she still cannot get comfortable in it, for the past couple of years.  I want to get one of those Sleep Number beds we see and hear advertised on the TV and radio, but they seem out of our price range.

How much does one of those Sleep Number beds run for a king size bed?

Bradley  :eek2:

i think ours was around 1200-1400 bucks