News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Off topic: Disney World trips/packages

Started by hemi68charger, July 18, 2007, 08:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
I'm thinking taking the family as well as my sister's to Disney World in Florida. I'm curious on any packages that might be out there.. Right now, they are looking into one of those time-share resort tours where you get a few nights there at a discounted rate, not too sure about that. Three years ago we stayed at the Value Resorts within Disney World, the ALLSTAR Movie hotel. I loved it. We were on Disney and had all the benefits of transportation, buying anything in the parks and getting it taken to our rooms by staff so we didn't have to toot it around, etc.... 

I may be eligible for a military rate for the hotel at about $60 a night, which to me is a bargain staying there within Disney... Then there are the 3-day ticket passes.. Whew, those are expensive.. I'm going to call the Disney resort "Shades of Green" to see about ticket prices and then as well see if there's a Disney resort/ticket package..

Thanks for any insight...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Orange_Crush

I believe there is a military-only resort in Disney World.  I spoke to a couiple of people who were staying there when wqe took our trip out there.

In any case, the time-share packages are great if it is just you and the wife.  You go to some timeshare presentations, you mess with the salesmen, 45 minutes later, you're out with your tickets. 

WHen you have kids with you, however, it is a PITA....don't do it.

Stay at the All-Star sports or movies resort.  You can get 3,4,and 5 day packages with park passes and meals included for very good prices.  You are in the park and you can take a bus anywhere.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

THE COLONEL

We did Disney World last year, and went through AAA (Triple A) for everything.  It was fantastic, other then my youngest, at the time, getting sick while we were there.  They had a great rate for the rooms as well.  We stayed at the Carribbean Beach Resort.  We had our transfers to and from the Airport, all the Disney trasportation, which is really nice, and the park hopper passes, so you could go to any park, and as many parks as you wanted to do in one day...every day.  I would also suggest getting the meal plan for everyone too, because that will save you some serious bucks!!  If I remember right, everyone gets two meals a day ( I think we bought breakfast at the hotel consessions because it was cheapest), but every person also gets two snacks a day.  That can be a ice cream, popcorn, or pop (soda).  If you don't use a snack one day, it does not get taken away either, that just means you have an extra one, so you could have three the next day.  The meal plan is well worth it, especially if you have kids.  The Military might have a better rate, but also see what other perks you can get, and compare with some other places like AAA.  Good luck!! ;)
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

hemi68charger

Thanks guys.....

I think we're going to go the on-site route. I've stayed at the Allstar Movies once before and that was a pleasant experience, especially when buying someting at the theme parks and having it taken to our room by staff...... Believe it or not, staying at one of the Allstar resorts is cheaper than the military "Shades of Green". I'll also have my wife look into the meal plans...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

71ChallengeHer

When I took Shelby to Disney , we stayed at All-Star Sports. :2thumbs:  They had a deal , if you purchased a cup , you could get it filled for free the whole time you were there. With the package we bought she also got a lanyard with a collectors pin. You could buy other pins for it in all the parks. But if she saw any Disney employee wearing one and asked to trade pins , they had to trade even if theirs was a more expensive one. We also did the breakfast with the Chip and Dale at the Yacht Club outside Epcot. It was great buffet. :2thumbs:

skip68

The character breakfasts are great if you have kids!!! :yesnod: We got the lanyards too, and collectors pins. Stock your room with snacks and drinks, so if you go back to the room to freshen up, you can have a snack too! Saves lots of $$$$$ that you would of spent in the park!
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemi68charger

I just found this as well doing a google search on disney discussion boards.... Been alot of reading and information on dining discounts/plans, packages, etc... Been most helpful and will for the future...

Troy

hemi68charger

Well, made our plans... Went through Disney to book our rooms and flights.. Was just as cheap as going through Expedia or other discount travel agencies.. Would rather all be handled via Disney..  Now, I'll see if I can get some military rated 3-day passes... We'll be staying at the Allstar Pop Culture...

Troy