News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do you live ?

Started by Nacho-RT74, July 17, 2007, 11:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what kind of home do you have

Apartment
8 (11.3%)
House
55 (77.5%)
Mansion
4 (5.6%)
Other ( specify )
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Nacho-RT74

I mean not in what city or any part of the world... I mean kind of home... I have noticed nobody lives in an apartment or kinda.

Myself: I live in an apartment, 92 m2
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

I live in a house right now, but I have lived many different places including apartments before.  And Army barracks too. 

PocketThunder

I live in a house, but sometimes it seems like i live in my garage... :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger1973

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 17, 2007, 12:04:49 PM
I live in a house, but sometimes it seems like i live in my garage... :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:

If I had a garage thats where I would live.   :icon_smile_big:

1carcrazyguy

Apt now.  :down: :flush:

When I moved out from my parents place I bought a house and remodeled it.  Got married and almost paid the house off within 4 years.  Sold it for quite a bit more than I had in it.  Moved to Lubbock so my wife could finish college and we bought a house there.  Lived there for 2 years until my wife got into med-school.   Sold the house in Lubbock and moved to Fort Worth and bought a house there.  Only lived there 2 years and my wife got accepted to finish her med-school rotation in Corpus Christi.   After trying to get a house bought, fixed up and the get settled in it, only to then turn around and sell it all within in 2 years, twice!!  :eek2: :brickwall:  We decided to go the apartment route this time.  The ONLY reason was we know that it is very likely that we would only be here 2 years.  It just did not make much sense to buy another house, fix it up, get settled and then turn around and sell again that quick.  For what we would have likely spent on new carpet, flooring, paint and all that we could almost pay our rent for time we will be here.  So we went with apartments. It was brand new, nobody had lived in it before so all new fixtures and such.  But do we like apartment living.....HECK NO!! :eek2:  I want a place to take care of myself.  I hate not having a yard to make better, no garage, and I DON'T LIKE living 10 inches from my next door neighbors!!   :brickwall:         My wife will find out where see gets accepted for her E.R. residency in March......and it can't get here fast enough!!  :leaving: We are looking forward to owning another house!!!     

Ponch ®

I live in an apt. too. I'd like to think about buying a house, but with the prices of real estate here in SoCal, I'll probably need to wait til I have a "real" job and start making "real" $$$.

Fortunately I get to keep my Charger at my mom's house, which is a mile or 2 up the street from my pad.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

triple_green

Beautiful Kent, WA for the last 19 years. My house is 2300 ft2 two levels and built in 1968.(so not real fancy). Nice quiet deadend neighborhood. One plus is that I have 5 covered parking places. All currently full; 68 Charger, 71 Chally Vert, 2005 odyssey, 2000 ford SEL, and the best car of them all 1992 Grand Voyager Minivan-170,000 trouble free miles.

**Beautiful Kent...home of the Dodge-Charger.com meet-Aug 11th at Kent Covenant Church** (shameless pitch) :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

73dodge

Mansion

I am super rich and live in a 18,000 sq foot 12 room mansion, I have 8 cars including a 71 HEMI converatble CUDA.

NAAAHH

But it's fun to speculate

just a simple 2100 sq foot home on a half acre in the burbs

It's my castle and I have wonderful neighbors who can ask for more?
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

41husk

I live in a house but spend more time at the Mopad, and it has two apartments.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

gordo1968charger

i live in a house with a 20ft by 10ft garage,just big enough for my charger.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

70charger_boy

This is my mansion.  Yes it's the Vanderbuilt estate.  I have a butler named Carl and 10 superbirds.  :nana:

:smilielol:Nah, I live in a small condo

John_Kunkel

My house is 1400 sq. ft. on a half-acre of land. Smallest lot in the neighborhood.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ponch ®

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 17, 2007, 04:49:46 PM

My house is 1400 sq. ft. on a half-acre of land. Smallest lot in the neighborhood.

and probably worth more than most of the houses mentioned in this thread combined.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

TruckDriver

A mobil home for now. I have to be out by Sept 15th because they are tearing down part of the mobil home park. :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on July 17, 2007, 05:38:36 PM
A mobil home for now. I have to be out by Sept 15th because they are tearing down part of the mobil home park. :P

You have to move out of the house? Isn't the whole point of it being mobile that its....mobile?

TruckDriver

It is because of city code crap. He has to cut back a few as in he has to many here. This number was okay til they changed the city code recently, now they just want him out totally.  :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

73dodge

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 17, 2007, 05:44:54 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on July 17, 2007, 05:38:36 PM

You have to move out of the house? Isn't the whole point of it being mobile that its....mobile?

Nah they only become mobile when a tornado comes through then they get picked up and moved to the next county when another group of people find it and move in......................
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

73dodge

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 17, 2007, 05:15:55 PM

and probably worth more than most of the houses mentioned in this thread combined.

yea probably

Nothing like over inflated home prices a half acre of land in californy you should tear down your house and build three on that lot you would be a billionaire after you sold all three of them

Ponch ®

Quote from: 73dodge on July 17, 2007, 05:56:00 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on July 17, 2007, 05:15:55 PM

yea probably

Nothing like over inflated home prices a half acre of land in californy you should tear down your house and build three on that lot you would be a billionaire after you sold all three of them

Right now it's great if you own, sucks if you wanna buy. I guess it sucks for me.  :icon_smile_big:

CharlieCharger

I live in a house in a suburb of Houston, Texas. I'm about to sell and move to north Houston with my Girlfriend..The garage is enough for me to walk sideways between the charger and the wall..I tend to rip a shirt most days when I attempt this..so I'm not to happy with the space of the garage to say the least..the cost of new shirts and one pair of jeans would be enough to probably get some body work done..and now I work 90-100 hours a week and I forgot I even had the car..what day is it? :laugh:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

70charger_boy

Quote from: CharlieCharger on July 17, 2007, 06:52:31 PM
I live in a house in a suburb of Houston, Texas. I'm about to sell and move to north Houston with my Girlfriend..The garage is enough for me to walk sideways between the charger and the wall..I tend to rip a shirt most days when I attempt this..so I'm not to happy with the space of the garage to say the least..the cost of new shirts and one pair of jeans would be enough to probably get some body work done..and now I work 90-100 hours a week and I forgot I even had the car..what day is it? :laugh:

I heard the property taxes are real high in Texas, like 3 bucks per thousand. Is it true?

Guns N Rotors

I just finished building this for my kids.

I'm thinking about moving into it.
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

moparguy01

i live in a real large apartment. 1280 sq. feet, 2 bed 2 bath. only a single garage, but the charger lives out at the drag strip, and I have a car at the shop i work at as well. so it works out alright. :icon_smile_big: im also in a building with only 9 other apartments.

RD

I... ahem... finally live in a house that I can call mine (after a shitload more of mortgage payments).  1,750 sq feet, a 22x24 attached garage and a 24x30 detached garage.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander