News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm a Dad!

Started by aifilaw, July 16, 2007, 10:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

she is gorgeous, congratulations!!!!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chargen69

dd44068

Congrats man, she is cute  :cheers:

THE COLONEL

Yes, like everyone else, welcome to parenthood. :cheers:  She certanily is a cutie!! :yesnod:  I will always remember those days once we fisrt got them home.  It was such a relief to leave the hospital, and be in your own place with your new bundle of joy.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

hemi68charger

Congrat's !!!!    :cheers:  Fatherhood rocks !!!!  Especially at that age...... Have fun, have your camera/video readily available and ENJOY !!!!!

Oh yeah, have you gotten any sleep yet?..   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

aifilaw

Quote from: THE COLONEL on July 18, 2007, 10:03:50 AM
Yes, like everyone else, welcome to parenthood. :cheers:  She certanily is a cutie!! :yesnod:  I will always remember those days once we fisrt got them home.  It was such a relief to leave the hospital, and be in your own place with your new bundle of joy.

We were very happy to get home from the hospital, she has an ABO incompatibility problem, and spent 3 days in the hospital under a bili-light to help keep her biliruben count low. She had a test yesterday morning that looked pretty normal, she will have another one tomarrow morning to be certain, but she isn't turning yellow anymore so I'm thinking were out of the woods and won't need a transfusion done.

We were so sick of being in that hospital, so getting home, even though we had to take her back from tests, was a big relief!

and yes, lots of pics/video have been taken...

I went to sleep last night at 10, was awake from:
10:30-11:15
1:00-2:00
4:00-4:30
6:30-7:30
and finally woke up at 8:45, realized I was nearly an hour late for work and headed out...which is where I am now...
last night was much the same. I'm glad this only goes on for the first several weeks.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

PocketThunder

Quote from: aifilaw on July 18, 2007, 11:11:00 AM

We were very happy to get home from the hospital, she has an ABO incompatibility problem, and spent 3 days in the hospital under a bili-light to help keep her biliruben count low. She had a test yesterday morning that looked pretty normal, she will have another one tomarrow morning to be certain, but she isn't turning yellow anymore so I'm thinking were out of the woods and won't need a transfusion done.

We were so sick of being in that hospital, so getting home, even though we had to take her back from tests, was a big relief!

and yes, lots of pics/video have been taken...

I went to sleep last night at 10, was awake from:
10:30-11:15
1:00-2:00
4:00-4:30
6:30-7:30
and finally woke up at 8:45, realized I was nearly an hour late for work and headed out...which is where I am now...
last night was much the same. I'm glad this only goes on for the first several weeks.

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:  Whoa are you in for a surprise.... try 3 months..  what i did was pretend to sleep when the baby wakes up and then your spouse will eventually get up and take car of the baby.  then when she asks you in the morning how many times you were up always say 2 or 3.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

aifilaw

Quote from: aifilaw on July 18, 2007, 11:11:00 AM

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:  Whoa are you in for a surprise.... try 3 months..  what i did was pretend to sleep when the baby wakes up and then your spouse will eventually get up and take car of the baby.  then when she asks you in the morning how many times you were up always say 2 or 3.   :icon_smile_big:

hmmm I may be screwed..
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

PocketThunder

NO, dont let that start happening.  There is no sense in both of you being dead ass tired everyday.  Try to only have one person get up at a time.  My spouse wanted me to get up everytime to help change the diaper before she breast feed and i asked "what good does it do for both of us to be dead tired everyday?"  "When we switch to formula i'll get my turn in at being up all the time."  So we would take turns and it worked out better. 

Anyways, good luck. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger74

Congrats man, she is beautiful.   They are a blast so far.  Hate the fact that I have to go back to work this next monday.  Been nice having two weeks off from work.