News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New seat covers and the seat cores - anyone know which these are?

Started by DPL, July 16, 2007, 07:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPL

I have a set of seat cores that I thought were from a 68 charger.  They have been sitting in my garage for a long time.  Well, my wife decided to order me some new seat covers from Year One for my birthday.  Lucky me.

The first picture you see is over the back of the seat. The next is the bottom.

Note the pattern and then look at the third photo of my new seat cover. 

I went to Year One and couldn't seem to find a seat cover that had the same pattern as these seats. 

FYI - inside one of the sear cores was a metal tag that had a dodge logo and "68" stamped.

Anyone have any advice or where to find the correct seat covers??

As always - thanks in advance!
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

keepat

Your new seat covers are correct and they will fit your old cores. order new foam!

DPL

I suppose I could order new foam that would fit these new covers.

But what are these cores from?  The pattern is different.  Look at how the new seat covers don't have the horizontal lines all the way across.  Only through the middle.  And the width of the side areas are much skinnier than the ones on the cores.

What are these cores from?

Oh well, here comes another credit card charge to Year One.
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

keepat

DPL

That would explain why they ain't the same!   :2thumbs:

Thanks for the info.
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

Winged 1

;)
The pleated covers are correct for 68.
Toss the old ones and give the wife an extra hug for being so understanding, right after you order the new foam that you NEED with the covers she bought you..
Congrats on the wife man.. :2thumbs:

DPL

Yeah, she's the best - I wonder if she's gonna spring for the new foamies?   :scratchchin:
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code