News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oregon State Police running down the quarter

Started by 472 R/T SE, July 15, 2007, 10:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Quote from: 89MOPAR on July 17, 2007, 03:36:52 PM   Also probably would run an autocross quicker than most of the cars we own, with two perps in the backseat... :police:

Unlike our cars, where the perps are in the front seat?

Chris G.

Quote from: bull on July 17, 2007, 10:51:51 PM
It's not a bad car but... as Mike the '06-lover even admitted, I just wish they would have named it something else. :icon_smile_big:

Bull is getting weak. :yesnod: I knew all along he liked the car. It warms my heart.  ;)

ps- Holy crap, Ghoste has 8K posts.  :o  :cheers:

timmy

bull

Quote from: Chris G. on July 18, 2007, 11:17:59 AM
Quote from: bull on July 17, 2007, 10:51:51 PM
It's not a bad car but... as Mike the '06-lover even admitted, I just wish they would have named it something else. :icon_smile_big:

Bull is getting weak. :yesnod: I knew all along he liked the car. It warms my heart.  ;)

ps- Holy crap, Ghoste has 8K posts.  :o  :cheers:

Weak? No. More like bored. In my defense I started a thread on this very idea probably a year or more ago asking if we could at least reach a consensus on the car simply being misnamed. It is ugly, compared to the classic Chargers, but by today's standards it could be a lot worse.

kink67

Bull, I agree.   they should rename the car.   It is nothing like the Chargers of old.

Was at the Nats in 2006 and they ran one down the track.   Do not remember the ET but it only ran around 87 mph in the quarter.

My Trailbrazer can do that.

Rich

Chris G.

Quote from: kink67 on July 18, 2007, 02:47:20 PM
It is nothing like the Chargers of old.
Rich

Rich, which specific years are you talking about?

bull

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: kink67 on July 18, 2007, 02:47:20 PM
Bull, I agree.   they should rename the car.   It is nothing like the Chargers of old.

Was at the Nats in 2006 and they ran one down the track.   Do not remember the ET but it only ran around 87 mph in the quarter.

My Trailbrazer can do that.

Rich
Are you sure it was an R/T and not a V6? .....My best time in my Daytona so far is a 13.8 at 101 mph =only mods  are a cold air intake and cat back exhaust !!  Last time I went to the drags, it was 88* and real muggy, and ran 14.2, 14.1, and 14.0@ 99 -100mph....THE BEST time I EVER ran in my 383 auto 69 Bee was 14.89. @ 90 MPH :eek2: I can understand  why some cant get over the name plate on a 4 door....I felt the same way for a while.....untill I drove one with a Hemi!

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Ghoste

Quote from: Chris G. on July 18, 2007, 11:17:59 AMps- Holy crap, Ghoste has 8K posts.  :o  :cheers:

He's had a few weeks off lately.  They end soon though.

rare69

hey 472, i looked for your car in the show and didn't see it, i was with my buddy in the orange 70 swinger.. ran low 10.20's till the third round and blew the ring gear, you probably saw us jacking it up and putting it on the dawlys and pushing it off the line.still had a great time though, and drank plenty of cold beers. would loved to have bought you one, maybe next year.

472 R/T SE

Bummer...I seen your car off to the side when you guys were pushing it while I was talking to bull.  I remember asking him what happen.  That sucks.
I haven't drank in the state of Oregon since Thanksgiving '03.  When we go up to Seattle for shows I indulge in extracurricular activities at the motel the night before but I'm pretty positive my wife would leave if I took up that old nasty habit I used to have.  But thanks for offering.  :cheers:

I didn't have my Charger there.  I took the Chally down, the 340 may have underwhelm you as you walked by.  ;)

Silver R/T

Quote from: 89MOPAR on July 16, 2007, 08:41:25 AM
Quote from: Silver R/T on July 15, 2007, 11:55:12 PM
15,25? my mazda is faster than that

Thats great Silver, but would it stay running long enough to getaway ?
Is your Charger faster ?

Wait , that's unfair to Silver...... Go Speed Racer MX3 Go!

would it stay running long enough? as it top speed....sure buddy, can do 130mph all day long.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Chris G.

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 20, 2007, 09:20:04 PM
can do 130mph all day long.

Hmmm. so all day long (That's 24 hours), you can pull down 130mph? What planet have you done this testing on? I'm sure your little rice machine could pull down 130, but where in this country could you run 130mph for more than maybe 30 seconds? I am talking roads, not some salt flats.

bull

Quote from: Chris G. on July 20, 2007, 09:58:32 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on July 20, 2007, 09:20:04 PM
can do 130mph all day long.

Hmmm. so all day long (That's 24 hours), you can pull down 130mph? What planet have you done this testing on? I'm sure your little rice machine could pull down 130, but where in this country could you run 130mph for more than maybe 30 seconds? I am talking roads, not some salt flats.

Why do you even bother, Chris?