News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oregon State Police running down the quarter

Started by 472 R/T SE, July 15, 2007, 10:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

It was an unusual day today at the track.  The head of Oregon's State's Motor Pool was running a new Hemi Charger down the track today much to the delight of our distinguished LX platform loving member "bull" @ the Oregon Mopar Nationals.  :D  Yep, Oregon's tax dollars were hard at work today.  The dude donned his riot helmet with every run and sat in the burnout box warming the tires every pass.  He made it thru a couple rounds. 

I was impressed.  ;)

472 R/T SE

He dialed a 15.25 and run a .41 winning this round.

A couple pix of bull's daughters and my little one.  It was uncomfortable back there my daughter says.  I told the girls that's the only time they'll be back there.  I thought I overheard Curtis' girls saying something about their Dad really likes this new car.  :D

bull

:nana: :nono: 15.25? I thought they said 20.25  :yesnod:

See the smoke? That's when the head gasket blew. :yesnod: :rofl:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

8WHEELER

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 15, 2007, 11:02:07 PM

I thought I overheard ''Bull''Curtis' girls saying something about their Dad really likes this new car.  :D

:2guns: :pullinghair:   :insertsarcasm: :hack:  The tool Bull would use on the new Charger   :rofl: :rofl:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Rolling_Thunder

15.25...             that is...         not appealing...     im gonna buy a camaro u8nless DCX gets their $h!t together
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Gotta remember, the police models are pretty heavy.....look at that crowd pleaser on the front end...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Good photos guys!   :yesnod:

Looks like you had fun that day.

Cute kids too!

89MOPAR

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 15, 2007, 11:55:12 PM
15,25? my mazda is faster than that

Thats great Silver, but would it stay running long enough to getaway ?
Is your Charger faster ?

Wait , that's unfair to Silver...... Go Speed Racer MX3 Go!
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

472 R/T SE

I don't care what he ran, it was extra cool they were out there runnin' it IMO.  The gentleman said they were trying to get out to the people and be in their element.  Obviously the crowd thought it was special as well cause after every run you could hear them. 

Charger1973

That would be fun, to drag race the cops.   ;D

deputycrawford

Yeah; damn cops.   Oh, by the way, I have heard my Crown Vic only does 16's in the quarter. That 15.41 is faster. Just think, the hemis have 340 hp. I only have 250. My car is very slow. I guess i'm not the only one that has drag raced the cops now....lol
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Charger_Fan

That's the first time I've seen an all plastic back seat in a cop car...they must stuff a lot of guys in there that have been bloodied from resisting arrest. :icon_smile_blackeye: :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

squeakfinder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 16, 2007, 04:53:18 PM
That's the first time I've seen an all plastic back seat in a cop car...they must stuff a lot of guys in there that have been bloodied from resisting arrest. :icon_smile_blackeye: :smilielol:

I think they use vinyl back seats because it makes it easier to clean up the vomit.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Charger_Fan

Quote from: rotsparts on July 16, 2007, 05:15:09 PM

I think they use vinyl back seats because it makes it easier to clean up the vomit.
Probably true, but that thing doesn't even look like vinyl...it looks like hard plastic.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Drache

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 16, 2007, 05:25:10 PM
Quote from: rotsparts on July 16, 2007, 05:15:09 PM

Probably true, but that thing doesn't even look like vinyl...it looks like hard plastic.

Last I seen they ARE hard plastic to not only clean up the vomit but also urine! Working as an auxiliary was not nice since it was my duty to clean up after these people....  :eek2:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mean 318

Quote from: 89MOPAR on July 16, 2007, 08:41:25 AM
Quote from: Silver R/T on July 15, 2007, 11:55:12 PM
15,25? my mazda is faster than that

Thats great Silver, but would it stay running long enough to getaway ?
Is your Charger faster ?

Wait , that's unfair to Silver...... Go Speed Racer MX3 Go!

lol :rofl:

Argos_Chargers

What I'm always interested in is the top end.  If you can out run 'em in the quarter how long can you stay ahead of them?  I decided at 3:00 AM one morning to see what the top end on one of the '95 Crown Vics that we had just put into our cab fleet was.  I was out on an empty, open stretch of freeway with my foot buried.  I was accelerating at a pretty good rate, and then when I hit 120 it was just like I hit a brick wall!!!  The governor kicked in and the car went down to idle.  If I hadn't been wearing my seat belt I think I would've hit the windshield...I mean I was really still acceleerating...  anyhow, I never had the guts to ask a cop what the top end was before they put the speed limiters in them and sold them
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Forza

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on July 16, 2007, 06:01:40 AM
Gotta remember, the police models are pretty heavy.....look at that crowd pleaser on the front end...

And then figure in the fact of all the extra radios, lightbars, cage, wiring, ect and 1 hell of a motor. I'd like to see a new charger and a  new crown vic go at it on the drag strip.

Ghoste

I don't know what the top end or acceleration is and I'm not a big fan of the Charger sedan, but our local police have an unmarked one and I've now heard of several people getting run down by the car even with their head start, so...

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Forza on July 17, 2007, 01:01:03 AM

And then figure in the fact of all the extra radios, lightbars, cage, wiring, ect and 1 hell of a motor. I'd like to see a new charger and a  new crown vic go at it on the drag strip.

Charger wins easy...   http://www.allpar.com/squads/police-cars/charger-police-testing.html
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

89MOPAR

The thing about that car that qtr mile time doesn't represent is it should be a tough package. I would expect if the trooper had to drive from Portland to Atlanta at 120 mph on some mission, only stopping for gas, it wouldn't be a problem.
   Also probably would run an autocross quicker than most of the cars we own, with two perps in the backseat... :police:
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

bull

It's not a bad car but... as Mike the '06-lover even admitted, I just wish they would have named it something else. :icon_smile_big:

Forza

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 17, 2007, 07:12:43 AM
Quote from: Forza on July 17, 2007, 01:01:03 AM

Charger wins easy...   http://www.allpar.com/squads/police-cars/charger-police-testing.html

Cool link, thanks for the info Brian