News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are All Magnum 500's Created Equal?

Started by tipopiola, January 30, 2015, 12:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipopiola

Hey guys, I'm looking at picking up some Magnum 500's for my '68 R/T.  I'm looking at 15x10's for the rear and 15x8's for the front.  I know that there are several companies selling the bigger Magnum 500's, are they all made by the same manufacturer and just sold through different companies or are the Specialty Wheels and Wheel Vintiques rims actually different.  The plan is 295/50/15's on 15x10's with 5.5" back spacing for the rear and 255/60/15's on 15x8's with 4.5" of back spacing for the front.  I've spent many hours pouring through quite a few threads on here about wheel/tire fitment etc, and just wanted to confirm that this should fit a 2nd gen Charger before I drop all the coin on the new rims and rubber for my car.  THANKS!

HPP

Assuming you're referring to the steel versions. I have no idea.

There are billet and cast aluminum versions too.

john108

Just a comment:
With the sizes you show, the front wheels are a larger diameter than the rear.

HPP

You mean the tires? Yeah, by 100 thousandths. 26.80 vs 26.65  That means the front will sit higher by .075. Not enough to worry about, IMO.